7 Solutions To Fix iPhone Activation Error
Sometimes the iPhone starts showing the iPhone activation error. But you will see the iPhone activation error in some of the rare cases. In that case, it will prevent you from finishing the setup. In the end, if you are left with an unusable device. Then you don’t have to worry as this is something that can be fixed easily. In this article, you will learn some solutions and reasons for this iPhone activation error.
- Why the iPhone Activation Error occurs?
- 7 solutions to Fix iPhone Activation Error
Why the iPhone Activation Error occurs?
Here are some of the possible reasons why the activation error occurs. So, let’s see and understand why you face iPhone activation errors. It is also possible that it is because of one or a combination of the following reasons.
- The first one is that maybe the activation server from Apple’s end may be down.
- It is also a reason for that could be a fault with your internet connection.
- The SIM card might not be supported and your carrier might be experiencing issues. So as a result of activation errors on iPhone bought from them.
- Also, the activation Lock is set on the device.
- Another reason is that iTunes is not able to verify your iPhone.
- It is also possible that the manufacturing defect with your particular handset. But this issue is very rare but possible.
7 solution to Fix iPhone Activation Error:
On the basis of the reasons, here are some of the potential resolutions to successfully address this problem and make your iPhone great again!
- To Check Apple’s System Status Page
- Can Restart Your iPhone to Fix iPhone Activation Error
- How to Use Reliable Wi-Fi Network Instead Of Cellular Data
- Ways to Remove The SIM Card And Reinsert It
- You can Try Activating Your iPhone Using Computer
- To Bypass Activation Lock
- Can Contact Apple Support
1. To Check Apple’s System Status Page
This solution is not just a solution it is more than a solution. This check is the primary checkpoint before we look at other solutions. Move over to Apple’s System Status Page and then see if iOS Device Activation has a green dot and next to it or not.
This process is unavailable so that you cannot do much. You can now except wait for some time. In many situations, the problems with such essential services are swiftly fixed by Apple. After taken care of them you will now be able to activate your device.
2. Can Restart Your iPhone to Fix iPhone Activation Error:
In case, if the process gets stuck then restarting is an excellent solution. So, it can generally be fixed these issues.
- The iPhones having a Home button can use the Power button to turn it off.
- The iPhone models having Face ID in it. Now press the Side button and one of the volume buttons together.
- In the end, after waiting for at least 30 seconds. Then you can turn on the iPhone and follow the on-screen activation steps.
3. How to Use Reliable Wi-Fi Network Instead Of Cellular Data:
For this, you just need to have an internet connection or iTunes or Finder to activate your iPhone. So, normally there is no problem in activating an iPhone using mobile data. Although you can also follow the on-screen. The instructions will connect to a Wi-Fi network if you are facing some of the issues. When you have done this then existing activation problems might no longer exist!
In case, if the Wi-Fi router has VPN enabled and also uses the modified DNS settings. Then try to connect to a different network if you want to Fix iPhone Activation Error.
4. Ways to Remove The SIM Card And Reinsert It:
Almost every modern iPhones have the SIM tray on the right side. You can use the ejector tool that came in the box to take out the SIM card. Then reinsert it back into your device. Now you just have to make sure that the tray closes perfectly, and isn’t loose.
Make sure that you can use the SIM card tray that came with your iPhone. In the device, the SIM tray of a different model might not work with you. And If you force, then it may even get stuck and cause physical damage.
5. You Try Activating Your iPhone Using Computer
If all of the above-shared solutions do not work then try activating using a Mac or PC. Then start by connecting your iPhone to the computer using the Lightning cable.
In case, if you have a Windows PC or Mac running macOS Mojave and earlier versions. Then launch iTunes and then click on the tiny iPhone icon. In all of the Mac running macOS Catalina or later your have to open Finder and then click on your iPhone from the left sidebar.
In iTunes or Finder if you see Set up as New or Restore from Backup option. That means your iPhone is already activated. Now you can Restart it and you should be able to finish the remaining setup process. If you see an error message related to the SIM card then contact your carrier.
In case if it says activation information was invalid or activation information could not be obtained from the device. Then you will have to put your iPhone into recovery mode, update or restore the device, and finish the setup.
6. To Bypass Activation Lock
If you are trying to activate a pre-owned iPhone. Then you see a screen that says Activation Lock?. If you select the yes it means this device is still tied to the Apple ID of the previous owner.
But if you activate your iPhone after a restore or DFU mode then it will most likely be your Apple ID. You can now try to figure it out from the first alphabet of the Apple ID shown on the screen. Then Enter your Apple ID password and you are good to go. In this case, if you forgot the password then reset it.
7. Can Contact Apple Support
In case, if they are not able to solve it remotely then it may be the time to take your device to an Apple Store. It is the authorized service center for physical inspection. If there are any manufacturing defects with your new iPhone. Then you might be eligible to get a brand-new replacement, free of cost.
Must Read: How to Add Friends on Game Center
The above solutions are the best solution. It will definitely help you in fixing this issue. I am very sure that one of the solutions above will address your iPhone’s activation errors. In case if I conclude and pick my top two fixes, it would be restarting the device and trying again and connecting to a stable high-speed Wi-Fi in my device and the issue will be resolved.
Hope you liked this article. If you have any questions lets us know in the comment section below.