AVG Notification Won’t Go Away – Get Rid of Them
AVG Antivirus basically includes browser extensions, notifications, and many other features sure in order to distract you actually. If you guys just want an antivirus to silently protect your system in the background, then here’s how to slim AVG down. We are going to talk about AVG Notification won’t Go Away – Get Rid of Them.
This process was basically performed with the free version on AVG, which is named AVG AntiVirus FREE actually. In order to learn more about which antivirus programs we recommend, then just check out this guide.
Software Analyzer is actually an additional layer of active protection in AVG Antivirus. It basically monitors all of the processes on your PC in real-time for suspicious behavior. That may indicate the presence of malicious code as well. By default, SoftwareAnalyzer is configured to give optimal protection whenever switched on as well.
What You Can’t turn off
Before we begin, just keep in mind that the free version of AVG has some built-in advertisements you just can’t turn off. When you open the AVG application itself, then you guys will see a prompt to install software such as “PC TuneUp”. Thankfully, these ads are confined to the AVG interface itself also, so you’ll only have to see them whenever you open AVG’s control panel as well.
AVG Notification won’t Go Away – Get Rid of Them
I actually use AVG Antivirus in order to protect my computer from viruses. It does a good job, but it constantly warns me along with a popup balloon in the lower-right corner that says. That the Firefox, Google Chrome, or many other applications are using too much memory. It’s normal for these applications to use a large amount of memory, so the warning gets pretty constant as well as irritating. You can shut off these popup notifications with these steps.
Turn off AVG Notifications
- Choose the AVG icon in the system tray and then select “Open AVG“.
- Now choose “Options” located at the upper-right corner of the window as well.
- Select “Advanced Settings…“.
- Press the “Appearance” on the left pane.
- Now uncheck “Display system tray notifications“
- Select “OK” when you’ve made the changes you want and you should now be free of these annoyances whenever using your PC as well.
Get Rid of AVG’s Browser Extensions
AVG attempts to install an “AVG Web TuneUp” browser extension along with a very large number of permissions actually. Modern versions of Chrome and Firefox won’t really allow applications in order to install extensions without your permission. However, you may have agreed to install the extension anyway as well.
We also recommend not using your antivirus’s browser extension. Because they can actually make you less safe online as well. If you did install the browser extension, then you should uninstall it right now.
- Well, in Chrome, just click the menu and choose More Tools > Extensions. Press the trash can icon next to AVG Web TuneUp in order to remove it.
- In Firefox, press the menu button and choose “Add-ons”. Tap on the “Remove” button to the right of AVG Web TuneUp on the Extensions tab as well.
- In Internet Explorer, tap on the gear icon on Internet Explorer’s toolbar and also choose “Manage Add-ons”. Tap on the “AVG Web TuneUp” item in the “Toolbars and Extensions” list and press “Disable”.
You guys can also select to uninstall the AVG Web TuneUp component entirely as well. This AVG feature needs you to turn on the browser extensions, so it’s just useless if you guys uninstall the extensions.
In order to uninstall AVG Web TuneUp, go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program. Then uninstall the “AVG Web TuneUp” application as well. Apart from this component and its associated browser extension, AVG does not bundle any additional software actually.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “avg notification won’t go away” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.