Battery Drain Issue After the Installation One UI update Android 9 Pie on Galaxy S9, S9+,S8+, Note 9 & Note 8
Most Samsung Galaxy devices running on One UI are claimed to have many battery problems. Many people have criticized that their old models and other current models tend to drain the battery faster. Alright, a solution is also there to fix this issue. Here, we will share how you can fix the battery drain issue on Samsung Galaxy devices without much effort. Here we will fix the Battery Drain Issue After the Installation One UI update Android 9 Pie on Galaxy S9, S9+, S8+, Note 9 & Note 8.
Although before we start, you probably like to know a few things about Samsung and its recent OS updates available for Galaxy S9 & S9+, Note 9, Galaxy S8 & S8+, as well as the Galaxy Note 8. An OTA update has been rolled out. By the Samsung for these models to fix the various ditches reported by users. Whilst this update is imagined to fix the prior bugs encountered by the users of these Samsung device models. However, it also tends to come with a bug that makes the devices consume much battery. Not all of the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, Note 9, S8/S8 plus reported about this battery drain problem, anyway. But, whether you are unlucky to be among the ones that got affected, we have a solution here.
Battery Drain Issue After the Installation One UI update Android 9 Pie on Galaxy S9, S9+, S8+, Note 9 & Note 8
Samsung Galaxy has kept to their word and also has rolled out the Android 9 Pie update right on schedule. In some cases ahead of schedule too for the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+, Note 9, Galaxy S8/S8+, and the Galaxy Note 8.
Samsung currently rolled out another OTA update that was imagined to bring along a few bug fixes. Although, it changes out that the current update accidentally brought a bug. That is purposing rapid battery drain on some devices.
The problem does not look to be affecting all users. Who has installed the current update and also Samsung has not so far addressed the problem. Consequently, we believe the issue probably be fixable.
Nevertheless, whether you are having the same problem on your device. After installing the recent Samsung One UI update. So then here are a few possible solutions that probably help you to solve the issue on your device.
Way to fix battery drain problem after Recent One UI update
These solutions probably or probably not work for you. Although, it is worth giving a shot at especially since Samsung has not addressed the problem so far. Similarly, we are also not sure whether there is going to be a fix for the problem anytime soon.
1: Put high-battery by using the apps to sleep
The biggest cause of battery drain often is rogue apps. That constantly runs in the background and quickly swallows all the battery juice on the device. However, this is because of that you should detect. In order to view whether any application is draining more battery than normal and put the app to sleep or simply uninstall the app.
- First of all, you have to head to the Settings and open up Device care.
- Click on Battery and then check the first few apps at the top of the list. In order to view whether any application is draining an unusual amount of the battery.
- Whether you spot an app draining the battery, simply you have to click on the application. Next toggle on the Put app to sleep option. Similarly, this would prevent the app from running in the background.
- However, here you could also take it a step more. Also, uninstall the application entirely from your device.
- You should head to the Settings > Apps > App draining battery > Uninstall.
Moreover, with the rogue app you have to put to sleep or uninstalled, the battery drain problem should now be fixed.
Read this Article: How to Download Marshmallow on Galaxy S6 Edge
2: Detect for the latest update
Whilst the prior update probably has destroyed your battery life. It would still be a wise move to examine for any recent update to confirm that you are on the latest version.
However, the new update probably also brings along a fix for the battery drain problem.
- First of all, you have to head to the Settings and then drop down till you find the Software update option.
- Choose the Software update and then click on Download and install.
- Wait for the device to search for a new update.
- If there is an update available for your device. Simply click on Download and then tap Install now.
Await for the update to install on the device. At a time the device restarts, so then the battery drain problem should most fix.
Recalibrate the battery
Although the recalibrating the battery often is the best thing to perform. Since OTA updates are also able to mess up the battery begins. That is why battery problems often happen after installing a new OTA update.
So the recalibrating the battery is too simple. Although, it probably takes up a few hours of your time.
- First of all, you have to drain the battery of your device to 0% without charging the device in between.
- At a time the phone powers off, then charge the device back to 100% without unplugging the device.
- Repeat this procedure once again.
Similarly, this should help fix any battery calibration problems that probably have popped up with the recent update.
Perform a factory data reset
Resetting factory data should be the last thing to perform. Since resetting your device would fully remove all the settings, apps, files, etc. from your device.
We would recommend taking a backup of all the data on the device. Before performing a factory data reset to avoid any data loss.
- Go to the Settings and choose General management.
- Click on Reset and then choose the Factory data reset.
- Go via the caution and you have to click on Reset and confirm your action.
- You would have to wait a few minutes until the device is reset.
At a time the device has been reset, so then it should automatically boot up again and you would have to set up the device normally.
5: Download the fresh stock firmware through a Computer
If none of the solutions work for you, so then you probably have to simply install fresh firmware for your device. The procedure does need the use of a computer. Is one of the best ways to get rid of bugs such as this.
Must Read this tutorial: Does Wifi Drain More Battery Than Wireless Networks?
Battery Drain Issue-Conclusion
Samsung currently rolls out another OTA update that supposes to bring along a few bug fixes. Although, it changes out that the current update accidentally brought a bug. That is purposing rapid battery drain on some devices. In this tutorial we have described the way to fix the Battery Drain Issue After the Installation One UI update Android 9 Pie on Galaxy S9, S9+, S8+, Note 9 & Note 8. I hope that you will like this tutorial the most in case of questions you can ask us in the comments below.