Best Hydrogel Screen Protector Review
Well, as the popularity of smartphones has grown, so has the market for screen protectors. From the old plastic films to the high-tech tempered glass, anti-spy, and also liquid screen guards as well. There’s a lot of variety to select from. If you’ve thought, “what kind of screen protector should I get for my phone?“, this guide will answer all your questions. Let’s compare the two most famous options tempered glass and liquid screen protectors in order to determine which is the best form of defense against scratches, smudges, and cracks as well. We are going to discuss Best Hydrogel Screen Protector Review.
Best Hydrogel Screen Protector Review
What is Tempered Glass Screen Protector?
- Greater protection is what this protector offers and also thanks to its added strength and durability (9H hardness). It will keep your phone safe from even knife scratches too.
- Thanks to this you know your device is safer thanks to the fact that it puts the exterior into compression and the interior into tension as well. What this actually does is that when the glass is broken it breaks into small granular chunks that do not damage the main screen of the device as well.
- Continuing on the fact of its strength, it gives four to six times more strength and durability if we compare it to normal glass. Its increased robustness means it is able to defend from all of the scratches
- It also is really sensitive to the dust however, also keeps fingerprints, oil, and dust away to allow great functionality for a really great time
- Lastly, we also see that its heightened transparency gives a crystal clear display that offers the best viewing experience as well.
- It is really susceptible to breakage and that damage that can be caused to it may mean that you have in order to get it replaced quite frequently.
- The security risk that this broken glass can pose means that shards can get under the skin or potentially cause other harm if not treated with care as well.
It is actually a thin sheet of toughened, fortified glass. That you can stick to your phone screen in order to protect against damage like scratches or cracks. It consists of a bottom layer of absorbent silicon, that is combined with a PET film and oleophobic coating on the top.
Tempered glass is about five times stronger than regular glass actually. It basically boasts 9H hardness that can withstand the scratches from objects as sharp as a knife too.
What is Liquid Screen Protector?
- First, of all, the liquid screen protector is really smooth and it can easily be installed on your device. It provides the screen a really silky feel and keeps it safe from scratches.
- Well, it is also very transparent thanks to its slimmed-down structure and so it provides a really immersive viewing experience from every type of angle.
- This type of protection is also really sensitive to touch and recognizes each and every small touch or tap very effectively.
- The lightweight protector means that it simply merges into the screen and does not really make the handset feel bulkier or cumbersome.
- Bubble free basically means that there are no air bubbles and the liquid screen protector offers that. Plus, cleaning, it is very simple and you can do it using a soft cloth.
- Sadly, it is not as impact resistant as its counterpart, and the amount of protection it offers actually. When substantial, is not anywhere near the tempered glass actually. If you guys feel that you can be really careful with your phone, only then is this a really good option.
- Also, it’s scratch resistance capabilities also have many limits; if you guys exceed them scratches will appear.
- Lastly, sun and oil will basically cause it to discolor which can make its appearance look really shabby after a bit and it is also more prone to fingerprints as well.
A liquid screen protector basically consists of nano liquid technology and is basically liquified glass. It then sets into a hard coating when applied to your display as well. The transparent oleophobic layer fends off scratches and smudges as well.
Furthermore, you can use it on any type of phone or other devices like the Apple Watch too. So, unlike tempered glasses, you do not need to get any particular size for your phone.
Which Screen Protector is Stronger? | hydrogel screen protector review
Tempered Glass: is much stronger than liquid protectors and also offers 9H hardness. It can also withstand most minor drops and falls, as well as scratches from something as sharp as a knife actually. But, the downside is that it can shatter under severe impacts, for example, a significant drop.
Liquid Screen Protector: Simply put, liquid screen guard can’t actually go face to face along with toughened glass whenever it comes to giving complete protection from impact is concerned. They may be able to withstand minor each and everyday scuffs. However, hardly offer any safety from drops and hard scratches actually. So it’s entirely possible to damage your phone’s screen if you have coated it with liquid as well.
Which Screen Protector is more Scratch-Resistant?
Tempered Glass: Many high-quality tempered glasses can basically resist scratches from objects as sharp as knives. This is thanks to their 9H hardness actually. It’s good enough to secure against everyday scuffs as well as more severe damage too.
Liquid Screen Protector: Although plenty of liquid protectors basically promise to offer 9H hardness. They really cannot stand up to the claim in the long term. Because they are so thin, they can mostly only defend against minor scratches. Anything severe will likely damage the screen actually.
Which Screen Protector is Smoother?
Tempered Glass: It undergoes a really unique process during production to make smoothness. It retains exceptional touch sensitivity in order to provide you an excellent user experience. If it is applied correctly, the tempered glass screen protector will not then interfere at all between you and your phone screen.
Liquid Screen Protector: It mostly feels even smoother than tempered glass. This is due to the nano liquid technology that forms an invisible layer on your screen. The super-smooth oleophobic coating safeguards against scratches, dust, fingerprints, as well.
Which Screen Protector is Cost-Effective?
Finally, let’s now consider which is the better option in terms of cost. This kind of relies on your own preferences.
Well, if your priority is to have ultra smoothness and invisible protection, then a liquid screen protector would be worth it actually. Furthermore, if you guys have some leftover in the pack that you buy. Then you can also it on another device. This basically doubles the functionality.
But, if you are looking for reliable protection that will provide maximum safety to your phone. Go for a tempered glass screen protector as well.
Moreover, a single pack of liquid screen protector basically comes for about $25. However, you can get a combo pack of three or more tempered glasses for $20 or lesser. So in case one cracks, you can then have replacements without even spending more money.
Therefore, tempered glass is more cost-effective overall actually. After all, it’s better to have a shattered screen protector than a shattered phone screen actually!
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “hydrogel screen protector review” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.