Best Video Player You can Use on iPad and iPhone
Video content has actually evolved over the years and is one of the major sources of entertainment these days as well. Gone are the days where the videos were only available in 3GP and MP4; many new formats have surfaced now in order to support high-quality videos. In order to play such videos on a smartphone, you would have a video player that basically supports different video formats. If you guys are an iPhone user, then you must have suffered at the hands of incapability and lack of features of the inbuilt video player as well. We are going to discuss Best Video Player You can Use on iPad and iPhone.
Well, thankfully, there are a lot of third-party video player apps for iPhone that is feature-rich and enhance your video watching experience. If the number of options is making it difficult for you to select the best video player app then here is a list you can refer to as well.
We have compiled a list of the best iPhone video player apps that actually offer a seamless video watching experience. Features and supported formats are also mentioned with each and every app for your consideration and judgment.
Best Video Player You can Use on iPad and iPhone
Although your iPhone and iPad have a default built-in video player, it can only do this much. For instance, it cannot play a really wide variety of formats or support features like optimized subtitles. So, just like with the camera apps or wallpaper apps, there are actually tons of third-party options that offer extra functionality and flexibility as well. Furthermore, most of them are free to use too. Take your pick from these best video player apps for your iPhone and iPad as well.
- It offers classic battery performance over a wide range of devices.
- The app is also translated to the Russian Language.
- Password protection feature added for safety.
- You can also download the ubtitles in real-time.
- The Premium version of the app also offers the feature in order to add a password to the app.
True to its name, this app also offers extreme support for all of your video playing needs. It supports almost all file types, that includes mkv, m4a, div, avi, flv, mpg, and many more. It also includes industry-standard support for HD Audio as well.
You can also add subtitle files in multiple languages or also download them in real-time. Further, you guys can cast your videos and movies on bigger screens via Apple AirPlay, Roku, or Chromecast as well.
Price: Free (PlayerXtreme Pro – $2.99)
Download – PlayerXtreme
- This app is available for free along with all quality features.
- Supports drag and drop type transfers as well.
- Offers native multi-tasking facility.
- Gesture controls along with super easy subtitles are impressive.
- iTunes can be synced, and the files can also be transferred through FTP.
Infuse bridges the gap between iTunes and your other content too. The user interface of the app is more eye-catching if compared to other video players. As expected, it also supports almost all kinds of video formats.
Further, you guys can browse and play videos saved on your PC or Mac, on apps like Plex, Emby, and Jellyfin, or on cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. No syncing process is needed!
Price: Free of cost (Infuse Pro Monthly – $0.99)
Download – Infuse
- The app supports streams, that includes http, ftp, samba, rtp, stsp, mms, etc.
- You can also play videos in the background, unlike other video players for iPhone.
- Single-handed mode to control video playback with just one hand.
- Also supports AirPlay, Mirroring, and, HDMI wire.
Are you looking for a reliable movie player app for iPad or iPhone? OPlayer has been around for nine years and improved continuously with many feature enhancements. It can handle almost any video or audio format that you throw at it for a seamless experience.
Further, you guys can adjust playback speed from 0.1x ~ 4.0x. Further, it also supports landscape play even when the portrait orientation lock is turned on in your device as well. Also, when the app goes into the background, your video can continue in order to play without interruption.
Price: Absolutely Free (In-app Purchases start from $0.99)
Download – OPlayer Lite
VLC for Mobile
- Open Source and also free to use as well.
- Easier and simple to use.
- Can play all of the media file formats.
- Can manage your content with well organized libraries.
- Supports subtitles & playback speed control
VLC is actually one of the widely used media players on Mac, PC, mobiles, and tablets as well. It is also available for free on your iPhone and iPad as well. The best part about it is its user-friendly interface actually. You guys will not need more than 5 minutes in order to know your way around this media player.
The VLC player basically supports almost all of the video formats. Moreover, it supports advanced subtitles and is fully compatible along with SSA. Other notable features include multi-track audio and playback speed control as well.
Download – VLC for Mobile
MX Video Player
- Videos saved in Google Drive and Dropbox can be played via logging into your account.
- Gesture controls in order to adjust volume and brightness in video playback.
- Option to trim video if you guys want to watch only your favorite part from a video.
- The screen can also be captured during playback and saved in the form of an image in the gallery.
Here is an excellent video player app for iPhone and iPad that lets you instantly cut the most interesting or favorite parts of videos and store them in your gallery. That’s super handy if you guys want to share a particular part of a movie along with a friend.
Of course, it basically supports all of the famous video formats so that you can watch movies without any hassle of converting the files. You can also control many aspects, like playback speed and brightness.
Price: Free of cost (Remove Ads – $0.99)
Download – MX Video Player
- Supports embedded subtitles and also multi-track subtitles
- Change playback video speed from 0.5X -4.0X and repeat a particular portion of the video
- Support many aspect ratio: 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 5:3, 16:9, 1.85:1 etc
nPlayer media player is actually one of the best video players which supports the most famous video formats. So that guys you can watch videos in formats such as MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV, ASF, FLV, OGV, RMVB, TP, etc. without even any consideration. One of the best parts in order to watch videos on nPlayer Lite video player is that you do not need to save the video files on your iPhone or iPad. nPlayer also comes with a file manager which allows you to arrange and organize the media files in order.
Furthermore, you guys can save space on your device as this app has powerful and many network technologies. That can help you stream media from remote devices as well. So there’s no need to save things locally on your iPhone or iPad.
Download – nPlayer Lite
- You will be able to handle 4K content over this video player along with impressive support to 3D and WIDI as well.
- It can also handle subtitles with ease.
- It supports Network services like Google Drive, FTP, and Dropbox.
- This video player supports different codec formats like H.265, VP9, etc.
KMPlayer has been downloaded up to 300 million folks worldwide. It’s actually a free encoding player that plays almost all kinds of video files. The app also supports touch gestures in order to skip, fast forward, or rewind your video file.
Further, it also boasts varied features such as a quick button, video zoom and move, playlist settings, subtitle settings, and much more. You can also even change the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and gamma information of your media as well.
Price: Free of cost
Download – KM Player
- You guys can control media files playback on Chromecast devices and DLNA players as well.
- The iOS media player app permits you to create and edit music playlists.
- It is well known as a multi-functional type video player application that can also handle images, music, etc, and also works with the controller, FTP player, SMB, and UPnP.
- It can handle a really wide range of file formats.
This multimedia player for iPhone and iPad has been around for almost eight years, so is an established name actually. It plays both locally saved media files as well as those from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Google Drive, and Dropbox servers as well.
Moreover, you can curate and also edit music playlists within the app that actually makes it multifunctional. It supports almost any media file format that you can think of so is an all-in-one solution for any user as well.
Download – 8Player Pro
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.