Chrome open PDF in Adobe Reader
Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers. It is being used by many people all over the world. It has maintained its spot as one of the top browsers due to its striking features and updates it keeps getting now and then. Google Chrome will open PDF files in a Chrome browser window. Follow the following steps in order to open a PDF in Adobe Reader.
Let’s start by taking a look at Chrome settings:
- Make sure that Adobe Reader is installed on the computer.
- Go to the “Menu” icon, then select “Setting” in the Chrome.
- Choose “Advanced” after scrolling to the bottom.
- In the “Privacy and Security” section, choose “Site Setting”.
- Scroll down and choose “PDF Document”.
- Convert the “Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome” to “On”.
Just like any other file, the PDF files will also be downloaded in Chrome. At the bottom of the screen, you can choose the download file and then choose “Open”. Then in the separate Reader window, a file will be opened. Choose the “Always open files of this type” option.
Adobe Reader Settings
Now let us take a look at Adobe reader settings:
- Open Adobe Reader, then select “Edit” > “Preferences”.
- Choose “General”.
- Select the ” Select as Default PDF Handler” button.
- Choose ” Continue”, then follow the steps given.
- Restart the computer after windows does its things.
In this article, we have explained in detail how to open adobe reader in google chrome. We also discussed several steps in detail associated with google chrome settings and adobe reader settings. I hope this article was helpful to you. If you still have queries left you can ask us in the comment section below. We will try our level best to resolve them. Thank you, folks.