Connecting PS3 Controller to Mac in MacOS, Mojave, High Sierra, OS X EI Captain & Mavericks
Whether you guys are liking in order to use the Playstation 3 controller for playing games on a Mac. So then you will find that connecting the PS3 controller & also browsing it for use with Mac OS X games is basically straight forward, anyway what version of Mac OS the Mac is running. Here we will learn the way to quickly connect & also configure a wireless Playstation 3 controller just with a Mac. And also the way to troubleshoot main problems, however, that you probably experience along the way. So you will be up & also gaming with the gamepad shortly.
Well, guys in order to start, here you have a Mac with the new version of Mac OS X, Bluetooth support, a standard Sony Playstation 3 wireless handler which is also charged, & the Mini-USB cable which is also able to connect to the Playstation 3 controller just to a console or USB port to charge it at a limit. Here you have to remember the USB cable is only required to launch the PS3 controller primarily. And also for charging it when there is a need, the setup will also be for the wireless usage of the Playstation controller via Bluetooth. However, you will also have a game or application that helps controllers, most of which perform. Presuming you meet those needs, allows you to get the controller connected to the Mac & also begin using it with Mac OS X.
Must read: F5 On Mac _Mac Equal To F5 Key From Windows
Connecting a Playstation 3 Controller to a Mac in macOS Mojave, Catalina, Sierra, OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, & Mavericks
The method of connecting & also using a PS3 controller similarly, just with a Mac is the exact with literally every version of OS X beyond Lion, as well as the macOS Catalina 10.15, macOS Mojave 10.14, High Sierra 10.13, macOS Sierra 10.12, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, etc.
- It is optional but here we are suggesting you disconnect any nearby Playstation 3 power supplies. So then that you do not accidentally power on the PS3 while the gamepad setup with the Mac
- Similarly, on the Mac, you have to head to the Apple menu. Select the “System Preferences” then you have to head to “Bluetooth”
- Here enable the Bluetooth in OS X (either via the Bluetooth preference panel. Or just the menu bar item) whether it is not turn on so far
- Now you have to connect the Playstation 3 wireless controller similarly, to the Mac just by using the mini-USB cable
- Here must press the circular “PS” button on the middle of the PlayStation controller in order to enable it. So then the lights on the controller will at that time blink as it pairs simply with the Mac. The Bluetooth preference panel will there display a device present. But not so far connected as it pairs the Mac also with the PS3 gamepad
- Now you must have wait for a moment for seeing the “PLAYSTATION (r) 3 Controller” appear in the Bluetooth Devices list with “Connected” visible under the text, at a time when it displays “Connected” you are also able to now disconnect the USB cable & now use the Playstation 3 controller wirelessly simply with the Mac.
The Playstation 3 controller simply connects to the Mac wirelessly. You are also able to use it with any game or gaming application. That is able to also support controllers. It will function the same as any other USB or also the Bluetooth gamepad at this point. Similarly, configuring it for running with individual games able to also vary slightly. Generally, you are looking for “Controls”, “Controller”, or “Gamepad” settings just present within in-game Options, Settings, or Preferences. Occasionally an Input menu, & you may like to launch the individual buttons just on the PS3 gamepad simply for each game or application.
Mac games help to game
Lots of Mac games help gaming with the Playstation 3 controller. Many games play the best with a controller too, specifically whether create for a console originally. For instance, Star Wars Knights of the Old/previous Republic:
Usual emulators also help controllers. Whether you are a retro gaming fan you will find the best emulator application OpenEMU works fair. With the Playstation 3 controller in OS X.
Well, guys whether the Playstation 3 controller is also not searched by the Mac OS X when plugging it in & also enabling. So then you probably want to turn Bluetooth off & also back on once more on the Mac, this also supports the discovery procedure.
Occasionally you probably go to use the controller in a game & then you will also find the PS3 gamepad lights blinking again and again. So going nuts, normally means you have to re-sync the controller. Or that it was not set up accurately to start with. Just disconnect & also re-sync it and should be the best to head with the Mac once more. You have to confirm the Playstation controller batteries are charged, & that the controller is within a reasonable distance simply to the Mac. So guys that the signal is enough (you are also able to always detect the device Bluetooth signal strength whether you like to. Or whether you are working with a more complex setup. You are able to also monitor the Bluetooth signal just from Mac OS X. Whilst you configure the gaming setup).
Disconnect a Wireless Playstation 3 Controller from Mac OS X
Whether you like to disconnect the PS3 controller. So that you are able to also use it once more just with another device, simply the PlayStation, another Mac, or also to re-sync it to Mac OS X in order to troubleshoot the flashing lights problem, or the device again and again disconnecting & then reconnecting, just you have to then perform the following:
- You have to, first of all, come back to the Bluetooth preference panel in System Preferences
- Now you have to hover over the cursor over the “Playstation 3 Controller” displayed in the Bluetooth Devices list (whether only a hexadecimal randomized name displays hover the cursor over that)
- Now you must tap the (X). Then select “Remove” to make sure the disconnection of the PS3 controller from the Mac
Whether you are doing this for troubleshooting causes, you have to just abide by the above tips to re-sync the Playstation controller simply to Mac OS X, and generally it will work well.
Keep in mind that Bluetooth devices repeatedly cycle b/w in connection form. Or disconnected often have low battery or some exterior signal interference. You guys are then also able to detect the PS3 controller’s battery residual from the Bluetooth menu bar item. Whether you doubt a low battery to be purposing issues.
That’s all now complete!
Connecting PS3 Controller to Mac – Conclusion
Well, I hope that you like the guide if you have any queries or any trouble. So then you can ask us in the comments section below. We will come back to you shortly.