Convert Word To Google Docs -Ways To Convert It!
Here are some of the ways to Convert Word To Google Docs. So, Do you want to use Google Docs to work on Word documents? let’s have a look! In case, if you want to convert it then you will be happy to know that Google Docs also has native support for Microsoft Word documents. Now, you can also convert your Google Docs if this will be preferred.
If Google Docs is Google’s equivalent of Microsoft Word. So, this can also be used by several people for their word processing needs. You have to be sure that Microsoft Word might be the most popular word processing software that is out there. Also, if you would rather leverage in the Google cloud-based productivity apps. Then you already use the G Suite that is for business. Then Google Docs also be the better option for you.
Are you are interested in learning that how the Microsoft Office files also work with G Suite? Now, Read on to learn how you can convert Word documents to Google Docs with ease.
Ways to Convert Word to Google Docs:
In case, if you can convert a Word document to Google Docs. Then you will need to upload the file to Google’s servers. This is by using Google Drive. Now you can simply follow the steps below to get started.
- You have to click on drive.google.com on your web browser. Then sign in with your Google account. When you are on the Google Drive home page then click on the “New” located option available in the left pane.
- In the Next step, you have to choose the “File upload” that is from the dropdown menu. You can also find the word document on your computer to upload it.
- Then the file you have uploaded will show up in Google Drive as shown here. You have to Right-click on the document then click on “Open with” in the dropdown menu, and then choose “Google Docs”.
- So, that the Word document will open in Google Docs with no issues. Then the file format will be indicated right next to the file name. You can also convert it then click on the “File” that is available in the menu bar. Then choose the “Save as Google Docs” from the dropdown menu.
- This is all about it. Now, You have successfully saved the document as Google Docs. Then You will no longer see the .docx format next to the filename. So, you can also download this Google Docs file to your computer at any time. This is by going to the File option. Then click on the Download and by choosing any of the supported formats.
So, There you go. After that, you will also know that how easy it is to convert a Word document to Google Docs. Then you can also follow the above steps to convert a Word document on any device that has a web browser. Accordingly, it does not matter if you are using a Windows PC, Mac, or Linux machine. Then you can also try this on an iPad too. From this, the iPadOS features also having the desktop-class web browser.
After that, As you can see here then you don’t even need to convert it to Google Docs. You can also continue working on the Word document as the file format. That it is natively supported. When you have finished working on the document then you can download it as a .docx file. Also, you can send it to your colleagues who can also use Microsoft Word for their word processing needs.
In case, if one of a Mac user receives a Pages file. Then this can’t be viewed on Google Drive or Microsoft Word without conversion. Hopefully, you can use iCloud.com to convert Pages to Word document online and then open it in Google Docs for editing.
Related Articles: MKV Player Mac: Some Of The MKV Video Player Mac
If Google Docs is Google’s equivalent of Microsoft Word. So, this can also use by several people for their word processing needs. You have to be sure that Microsoft Word might be the most popular word processing software that is out there. Also, if you would rather leverage in the Google cloud-based productivity apps. Now, we hope that you were able to convert your Word documents to Google Docs without any issues.
So, why do you prefer Google Docs to Microsoft Word? So, Are you subscribe to the G Suite? Kindly share your valuable thoughts and experience in the comments section down below.