Download and Install Gcam on OnePlus 6T
Well, years after Android went mainstream, it was actually first the root privileges. That allowed users to tweak portions of the software in order to maximize the hardware capabilities of a phone. Then came Xposed (now Magisk) modules in order to offer a step above root permissions. That lets you adjust the minute details of your firmware. Developers have along come a long way since then and now you can turn on Google’s excellent machine learning algorithms on almost any smartphone camera. We are going to discuss Download and Install Gcam on OnePlus 6T. Let’s start!
Yes, you guys actually read that right. You can also get a Pixel-like image quality out of your OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T via a simple Gcam (Google Camera) port. Along with this camera mode, you guys can now make the most of the dual 16MP (f/1.7) +20MP (f/1.7) camera setup on last year’s OnePlus flagships as well.
Through following the instructions listed below, you guys might reconsider the actual value of your OnePlus 6/6T. Well, GCam on the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T not only brings Pixel’s Night Sight mode. However, there will be a significant improvement in day-to-day photography actually. Because the camera will now capture a more real-to-life contrast and saturation than what you guys were accustomed to. Thanks to XDA members cstark27 and waj30 for sharing the respective releases for the two models actually.
Download and Install Gcam on OnePlus 6T
Downloading and installing Google Camera on your OnePlus device will permit you to use Pixel cameras app features. Such as Astrophotography Mode, NightSight, HDR+, Playground (AR Stickers), and more for an overall better camera experience actually. Stable ports of Google Camera v7.3, v7.2, v7.0, v6.2, and also v6.1 are available for the said devices. Along with corresponding XML config files, and recommended settings as well. These are compatible with any OnePlus 6 or 6T that is running Android 10 and Android Pie.
In order to get the Google camera working on your OnePlus device. You just have to download the important files from down below.
Google Camera for OnePlus 6:
Google Camera for OnePlus 6T:
- Gcam_6.2.024_Advanced_V2.0.190420.0415.apk on Android 9 firmware
- Gcam 4.0 beta5.191010.1630.build-7.0.009 on Android 10
Pre-configured GCam settings
Famous GCam settings can also be saved and set for different scenarios.
- Arnova and Arnova Jean-Luc Custom version [April 26]
- Master P! settings
- SG Arnova 1.7 SG ALL
- Unicam 1.2 Default | Unicam 1.2 NightSight
- Marian 6P for day shots | Marian 3XL for night
You can check also this link for more preconfigured settings.
How can you install Google Camera on OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T
Just download the respective Google camera app from the links above and also the config XML files. In case, if you want to try pre-configured settings for your camera actually.
- First, you have to Install the Gcam app specified for your model.
- In case you downloaded on Chrome, then you will have to allow Chrome or the web browser that you just downloaded on, the permission in order to install the app from unknown sources. Go to Settings and search for “unknown” and then tap on Install Unknown apps and turn it on for Chrome or the designated browser.
- When you install it, tap on Open to directly use Google Camera on your OnePlus 6/6T.
- For those of you who want to go the lengths of experimenting with this further. You can also install any one of the config files that you downloaded from the links above. Just follow these instructions:
- Open your preferred file manager and then locate the downloaded config file. Generally inside the Downloads folder actually.
- Then copy the file and paste it to this location: Internal Storage > Gcam > Configs. You can create these folders, if not available.
- Now open GCam.
- Double-tap on the black area around the shutter button to select a config.
- A prompt will then follow, permitting you to select from the downloaded configs. Select the config of your choice and then tap on Restore. For configs to load, most of the time these steps need to be executed twice.
- Start to take pictures on your new camera now.
OnePlus 6/6T Google Camera vs Stock Camera
Google Camera (GCam) port, apart from improving the picture and video quality, that basically brings with itself tons of other features. These include Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) HDR+, Astrophotography Mode, Motion Photos, Portrait Mode, Photobooth, Super Res Zoom, also NightSight, Slow Motion, and much more than that.
Well, the best part about installing this GCam port is that you neither have to unlock the bootloader nor root the device. This is because of the fact that the OnePlus 6/6T fully supports Camera2 API by default.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.