Download and Install Google Assistant in LG G5
Well, when Google launched the premium Pixel devices, those of us Nexus fans and even other mortal android fans looked on with envy actually. The Google Assistant was actually exclusive to the Pixel and Pixel XL much to our frustration and dismay. However, not anymore, as Google has officially said that it will be pushing out the AI to all Android devices that are running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and above versions of Android. We are going to discuss Download and Install Google Assistant in LG G5. Let’s start!
Also, even though LG managed to beat the Godfather of Android itself to Android 7.0 Nougat. The LG V20 was not even given the rights to Google Assistant. However, with MWC coming to a close, we’ve actually got direct confirmation. That many other devices have been spotted running the Google Assistant. The new Android-powered Nokia lineup was also some of the first to show off the Google Assistant along with the recent flagship LG G6 as well.
Well, now that the G6 has been approved for the Google Assistant, the rest of the lineup awaits is getting onto the AI train. This also includes the previous-gen LG G5, the V20, V10, and older devices such as the G4 and the G3.
On the other hand, all of this news is just plain old stuff to veteran Android users who’ve rooted their devices or have custom ROMs running on them too. Nevertheless, it is still a good sign from Google to acknowledge the needs of the many actually.
Download and Install Google Assistant in LG G5, G4, G3, V20 and V10
- Install the latest Google Play services: Google Play Services acts as the core framework for all of the Google functionalities. So make sure you guys have the latest version of it installed on your device to be able to get Google Assistant running on your device as well.
→ Download Google Play services APK
- Download and Install the latest Google app: Well, the latest version (184.108.40.206 or above) of the Google App is needed for Google Assistant.
→ Download Google app APK: ARM64 | ARM
- Just change the phone’s system language to English USA: The Google Assistant will now roll out in phases, targeting its English-speaking US users first. So make sure you guys change your phone’s system language to English USA. Below is an instant guide on how you can do this:
- Head to Settings.
- Choose Language and Input.
- Then choose Languages » English (United States).
- You guys are now ready to get the Google Assistant, just wait for it.
Tip: If you guys fail to get Google Assistant, head to Settings » Apps » Google App » Clear Cache and Data. Reboot and also the Assistant should be available.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.