Download Oxygen OS 5.1.2 update on OnePlus 5 & 5T Android 8.0 Oreo
Well, the OnePlus is rolling out another stable Oxygen OS update for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. Abide by the following steps mention-below to download Oxygen OS 5.1.2 update on OnePlus 5/5T Android 8.0 Oreo.
Install OnePlus 5/5T Oreo firmware
- OnePlus 5 Oreo firmware – Oxygen OS 5.1.2
- OnePlus 5T Oreo firmware- Oxygen OS 5.1.2
Way to download OnePlus 5/5T Oreo firmware
Two ways are there to download the Oreo update manually on your OnePlus 5 or OnePlus 5T. Whilst the first is appropriate if you have installed Oreo on your mobile. And also desire to install it directly from mobile, the second method needs a computer.
1: Download directly from the phone’s internal storage
- Download and transfer the Oreo update .zip file to your device’s internal storage (so do not put it in any folder).
- Here boot your device into recovery mode.
- Switch off the phone.
- Then press and hold the Power + Volume down buttons together until you view the recovery screen.
- However, at a time in recovery mode, do a factory reset.
Similarly, this will clear your all data on the device. Now confirm you took a complete backup of essential files on your device. Thus before performing a factory reset.
- Choose the “Install from Local” option.
- Also, choose the Oreo update .zip file you transferred in Step 1 above, and download it.
- Now at the time the installation is completed, your phone will automatically reboot into the system. If not, choose to reboot from the recovery mode.
Download from the computer through ADB Sideload
- First of all launch ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Then install the Oreo update .zip file on your PC and rename it to oreo-update.zip.
- Turn on USB debugging:
- Head to your phone’s Settings » About phone » and here click “Build number” seven times. This will turn on Developer options on your phone.
- Head to back to Settings » Developer options » and tick the USB debugging checkbox.
- Here you have to connect your OnePlus 5/5T to PC by using a USB cable.
- Go to the folder where you installed the Oreo update .zip file and then open the command window inside the folder. For doing this you have to do a “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder. Then choose “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Now issue the following command in the command window to reboot your device into recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
Similarly, here you have to now check your phone’s screen. Whether it asks for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by choosing OK/Yes
You are in sideload mode
- Once in recovery mode, do a factory reset.
- Now select the “Install from USB” option and click on OK. Similarly, here you will view that “shown on the screen.
- Now issue the following command to at last start installing the Oreo update on your OnePlus 5/5T:
adb sideload oreo-update.zip
Although this will start the Android 8.0 Oreo ROM installation.
- At the time Oreo ROM is installed, your phone will automatically reboot into the system. Whether not, choose to reboot from the main menu of recovery.
However, all the steps that are followed accurately, Android 8.0 Oreo ROM will be installed on your OnePlus 5/5T. Although we are saying this again, that the ROM is unstable right now and may bugs problems not appropriate for a daily driver.
Must read this article: LG V30 Android 9 Pie Or Oreo Update – Review
Moreover, the OnePlus is rolling out another stable Oxygen OS update for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. Abide by the above-mentioned steps to download Oxygen OS 5.1.2 update on OnePlus 5/5T Android 8.0 Oreo. Well, we hope that you will like this article the most. In case of queries, you can ask us in the comments below.