Download Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Nougat OTA Update and Firmware
Samsung reveals the Android Nougat update for the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge. The rollout started in lots of European regions and also lots of users have already updated their devices. So now, as we know that, many people who have not obtained the OTA update will like to try out the official Nougat update right this instance. Fortunately, we have got our hands on the Odin flashable firmware for the Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge. Here you will learn the way to Download Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Nougat OTA Update and Firmware.
However, the Samsung Galaxy S6 Nougat update comes with build number G920FXXU5EQBG. Considering that the Galaxy S6 Edge carries the build G925FXXU5EQBG. That we have added download/install links for both the firmware mentioned below. Similarly, you have to confirm that you download and flash the correct firmware or you probably end up bricking your device.
How to Download the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Nougat update
Now you can easily grab the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Nougat firmware from the download link that is mentioned below. In order to manually install the update on your device by using the Odin software on your computer.
- Galaxy S6 Nougat firmware (G920FXXU5EQBA, only for SM-G920F model, not for SM-G920I)
- Galaxy S6 Edge Nougat firmware (G925FXXU5EQBG, only for SM-G925F model, not for SM-G925I)
Similarly, the OTA update zip is not also present for the download as of so far. But we will be confirmed in order to post it here as and when we receive our hands on it. For the time being, we recommend you to install the update using the firmware file linked that is mentioned above. However, our step-by-step guide will assist you throughout the method of installing the Nougat firmware manually on your device.
Install Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Nougat update firmware
- From this download link, you can easily Download the Odin 3.12.3 .zip file and here you have to run/open the Odin3 v3.12.3.exe file from the extracted files on your computer.
- Now you must have to Download the Nougat firmware for your device from the downloads section that explains above and unzip the .zip file to get. TAR.MD5 file.
- Turn On the OEM in order to unlock on your phone:
- For this, you have to head to the Settings » About phone » and click the Build number seven times. To turn on the Developer options.
- Now you should head back to the Basic Settings page, drop to the bottom, and choose Developer options from there.
- Under Developer options, now view Enable OEM to unlock checkbox/toggle and enable it.
- Now you have to Boot your device into Download Mode:
- Here you must power off your device.
- Press and hold the “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds till you view a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- However, at times your device is in download mode, so then connect it to the computer with a USB cable. Then the Odin window on the computer should examine the device and also display an “Added!!” message.
- Now you should tap on the AP tab on the Odin window. Here choose the firmware file that we got in step 2 above.
└ Important Note: Here you have to keep it in mind, DON’T play with any other options on the Odin screen. You only need to connect your device. Now choose the firmware file as instructed above.
- Similarly, you have to tap the Start button on Odin. And here you have to wait for it to complete the method. However, at the time it has finished successfully, then you will view a pass notification on the Odin screen.
- Here your device will automatically reboot. When Odin is complete flashing. You are also able to then disconnect your device.
└ It probably takes some time for the first boot after flashing the stock firmware.
That’s all guys. Android 7.0 Nougat firmware should install on your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
Also read this article: How to Install the Verizon Droid Turbo Android 5.1.1 OTA update
Do let us know whether you require any help/support with the Galaxy S6 Nougat update. And whether you are encountered a problem with the update, so let us know in the comments section below. Here we will try our best to get you a fix.