Face Unlock: How to Fix if it is not Working?
The face unlocks feature is one of the best features. It helps you to protect your data. If you set the face to unlock no one else can open with you. Before some time the fingerprint scanners can very popular. But now the fingerprint scanner is very low in the market. Then after some time face unlocks feature has been launched. It also takes longer for the face unlock feature to reach the budget market. Just like with the other phones with the $300-costing Vivo V7 Plus. They already rocking it than the likes of Huawei Honor 7X and Honor 9 Lite then get it soon via an OTA update.
Now it means that you don’t have to shell out $1000 to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Then it is even half of it for the OnePlus 5T in order to enjoy the beauty of face recognition. There are price differences between it then say Honor 9 Lite and Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Now, the face unlocks feature on the former is not as impressive. So that it if you can get on the latter. As a result, you can encounter some issues along the way but this is not to say that those using the Note 8. And the OnePlus 5T or even Apple’s iPhone X for that matter so that they don’t encounter issues of their own. In this article, you will learn what to do if the face unlocks not working on your android devices.
Also visit: Dynamic Amoled VS Super Amoled – Which is Best
Basic Information About Face unlock not Working:
The very first step is that it can let you take care of the basics. In many cases, you’ll find the reason to unlock the face that is not working on your Android phone. This is just because of your own doing. You have to ensure that it’s not you. Then make sure that:
- Your front camera that is used for facial recognition isn’t covered by anything. Any kind of dirt or screen protector or any other thing. In this case, you can buy a new screen guard recently and are encountering problems. Then you can apply that so that it might be the case.
- If the face unlocks a feature that works by scanning your face, eyes, nose, and mouth). You have to ensure it’s visible to the front camera.
- After the face unlocks feature on nearly all phones is designed to work. It is in just about every condition that includes when wearing glasses. So, or in low-lit rooms then there are some sunglasses that block lights. Also, it may prevent the face unlock feature from working properly. Then you can try to use the feature in environments so that is well-lit in order to get the best results. You can also remove the glasses that always help with unlocking the face.
- You just have to speak of which that when it is outside on a sunny day. Then you have to make sure to hold your phone. In this way, the sun and the scanner are not in direct contact.
- You just have to get the best from unlocking the face then make sure your phone is in portrait orientation. It is to be noted earlier that they can also ensure that the face camera. Then keep your phone closer to your face then perhaps at arm’s length.
If still, it is not working then here are some more solutions for you. Here are some of the solutions that help you to solve this problem.
To Disable and re-enable face unlock:
In this case, if the face unlocks feature on your phone is not working. Then the first thing that you want to try is to disable and re-enable it. Then you can do this under the Face unlock settings of your phone. Although, when you disable the features. Then you just have to make sure that you restart your phone before enabling it. And if this solution also not work then use the next one.
By Resetting the face unlock:
Many of the users facing this issue of disabling and re-enabling the face unlock feature that works magic. So, there are cases where it does not work. In this case, you’ll need to reset the face unlock feature and once again. Now, this can be done using the Face unlock settings. In which you can re-register your face. If you are doing this then you have to make sure that you are in a well-lit environment.
Ways to check for the latest updates:
The Face Unlock feature has been rolling out to several handsets as a software update. In many other software-based applications is the facial recognition feature. They can also get buggy after a software update. If the developers roll out swift updates to take care of any problems.
Then you are experiencing issues with the face unlock feature on your phone devices. You just have to make sure that you are using the latest software version available for your phone. Now you can confirm in your phone About settings. This is done where you can even manually check if an update is available. Also, the solution to your face unlocks problems. Then others can probably don’t know about is just an update away.
By Clearing the app cache and data:
After doing this you might be surprised at the data accumulated by the face unlock feature. Then can do to its performance. It won’t harm your phone then we will not go into the other stuff. So, that is beyond the scope of this article. You can rather show you how to clear the cache and data of the app on your phone.
Now you have to Go to Settings > Apps and then tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen Now you have to select the Show System Apps. Move down through the apps and then you should find Face unlock. Click on it to open a new screen then you need to tap on Storage > Clear Data/Cache and that’s it.
To Reset your phone:
In this case, if the issues with the face unlock feature that still persists even after all these. Then your last option is to reset your phone to factory settings. You can also start all over again. Then you can do it by using the Settings option. Now click on the Backup & reset. In this step, click on the Factory data reset option. You just have to make sure that you can create a backup of your personal data on the phone. This is happened before going this route because everything will be wiped off.
Related articles: Ways To Fix It If Phone Not Detecting Headphones
If you set the face to unlock no one else can open with you. Before some time the fingerprint scanners can very popular. But now the fingerprint scanner is very low in the market. The face unlocks feature on the former is not as impressive. So that it if you can get on the latter. As a result, you can encounter some issues along the way but this is not to say that those using the Note 8.
Hope you liked this article! If you have any questions let us know in the comment section below.