Solutions: if Facebook is not working on iPhone
Facebook loading and working is been pretty common issues on the iPhone. Most of the time Facebook is not working on the iPhone. Many of the users facing the problem reached out to us through different mediums and complained about it. It is also possible that something can be successfully addressed. You will see in this article that, we bring you possible solutions that will help you to fix Facebook not working issue on the iPhone.
- By using the Quit and Relaunch the App
- To Fix Internet Connectivity Issues
- You can check Restrictions for Facebook
- Check Facebook Update inorder to resolve Facebook not working issue
- With Clearing History and Website Data
- To Delete and Reinstall App to resolve Facebook is not working issue
- Can restart your iPhone and iPad in order to resolve Facebook is not working issue
- How to update your iOS Version
1. By using the Quit and Relaunch the App:
First of all, one thing we usually try if Facebook stops working is to pull down the app screen page to refresh it. In this case, it does not work. In the next solution, it is to quit and relaunch the Facebook app.
If you want to force and quit an app then on iPhone with Face ID. You have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold. iPhone having the Home button can quickly double press it. After that, you are now in the app switcher. Then drag the Facebook app card up to close it. In a few seconds, you can launch the app again.
Also see: To Fix Touch ID is Not Working on iPhone
2. To Fix Internet Connectivity Issues:
It is just because of Wi-Fi or cellular data issues. In order to check this, you have to open Safari and visit a website.
If it loads then it is okay. And in case, If it is not then switch off and on Wi-Fi or mobile data on your iPhone. You can also consider restarting your Wi-Fi router. Then there are our detailed resources on fixing Wi-Fi and mobile data connectivity issues in case if you need more help.
- In case, if you are on cellular data then it is essential to check whether it is enabled for Facebook or not. If you want to do this then launch the Settings app → Cellular → under CELULAR DATA. You just have to make sure that the toggle for Facebook is enabled.
Then if you using a VPN please disable it. The Facebook app might not be accessible on certain VPNs.
3. You can check Restrictions for Facebook
Just because of Screen Time it makes it possible to impose a time limit and other kinds of restrictions on apps. If Facebook is not working appropriately then it lets us invest a quick moment to confirm that it is not restricted.
- First of all, you have to open the Settings app and then tap on Screen Time.
- Click on the App Limits and ensure that Facebook is not added.
- In case, if it is, then tap on it and finally tap on Delete Limit.
- After that tap on <Screen Time go back. In this step, tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions
- Now turn off the toggle for Content & Privacy Restrictions
When you followed the above steps, then launch the Facebook app, and see if it loads or not.
4.Check Facebook Update inorder to resolve Facebook is not working issue:
The Facebook app brings new app updates frequently. In this case, each of these social media giants tries to address errors. It also improves the overall experience. If you want to fix Facebook not working issue. Then you must get the latest version.
- If you want to update an app on iPhone then long-press on the App Store icon and then tap on Updates. In the next step, tap on UPDATE next to Facebook.
5.With Clearing History and Website Data:
If you are facing trouble while using Facebook on Safari or any other iOS browser. Then Deleting the history and website data will do the trick.
You have to follow the step-by-step guide that shows you how to clear history for Safari on the iPhone and iPad. If you are using the other browsers then tap on the in-app settings button and look for History. Now click on the Clear Browsing Data.
6.To Delete and Reinstall App to resolve Facebook is not working issue:
In case, if you delete an app it also removes the associated data and then after reinstalling it. It sees everything starts afresh. If Facebook is not working then let us try this solution as well.
- First of all, you have to press on the Facebook app icon from the Home screen. Then tap on Delete App → Delete.
- Then press on the App Store icon and tap on Search. After that Type Facebook and tap on the download icon.
- When then download completes then log in to the app again.
7. Can restart your iPhone or iPad if you want to resolve the issue of Facebook is not working:
This solution can fix many technical problems, on any device. It often overlooked is restart and it involves easy steps and solves the issue without much fiddling around.
If you want to fix the ongoing Facebook working problems. Then go ahead and restart your iPhone. In this, the issue may no longer continue to trouble.
Also see: How to Fix iPad Microphone not Working
8. How to Update your iOS Version
In the end, if nothing helps then you can update your iPhone. You just have to ensure better compatibility with Facebook and many other apps. Also, the ongoing working issues may be successfully taken care of.
Related articles: How to Fix the Issue of iCloud Contacts Not Syncing
Most of the time Facebook is not working on the iPhone. Many of the users facing the problem reached out to us through different mediums and complained about it. It is also possible that something can be successfully addressed.
Hope you liked this article. In case, if you have any questions lets us know in the comment section below.