Fix: Cellular Update Failed On iPhone with iOS 12.1.2 SMS, LTE, Cellular Data Problems
Some utilizers of iPhone have discovered that their cellular data & also cellular connectivity is not working currently. However, just with iPhone no longer functioning in order to send or also receive calls or access the internet. Pecularily just after installing the iOS 12.1.2 update, iOS 12.1.3, or iOS 12.1.4 updates. Here you will learn the way to fix the Cellular Update Failed On iPhone with iOS 12.1.2 SMS, LTE, Cellular Data Problems.
However, the incapacity for iPhone for having cell network connections is normally going along with a “No Service” message. Simply in the upper left corner of the iPhone screen where the carrier or receipt signal is typically displayed, and often an alert message visible on the iPhone screen just stating that
“Cellular Update Failed – Your iPhone cannot make & also receive calls or access cellular data until it has been updated.”
So then guys now we are going to display you a few workarounds in order to try & also obtain cellular data & also the cell service functioning once on an iPhone. Though which is encountering these specific data issues just after installing the iOS update.
However, just before anything else, you should have to examine for present iOS system software updates. Whether an iOS update is also present (even whether it’s labeled as the exact version) so then you should install it. You are also able to check in Settings > General > Software Update, or by connecting iPhone to iTunes on PC and also examining for updates there.
Here you guys have to remember that for some utilizers just the below tricks probably resolve the “No Service” & also the “Cellular Update Failed” issue on their iPhone. But for further users, it does not. Although another albeit very frustrating workaround is to simply restart the iPhone each and every time you also have service. Al most of that look as just to allow the iPhone simply to have cellular service for a short whilst. However, the tips to force restart the various iPhone models are more below under the additional troubleshooting steps.
Fix “Cellular Update Failed” and No Service Issue on iPhone with iOS 12.1.2, iOS 12.1.3, iOS 12.1.4
You guys probably can resolve the No Service cellular issue just with iPhone by simply performing the following method of removing the SIM card and also restarting the iPhone:
- First of all, you have to Power off the iPhone
- Remove the SIM card from the iPhone
- Now enable the iPhone back
- Here you have to insert the SIM card into the iPhone once again
Here you folks must have to wait a moment and also the iPhone should regain cellular service & the “No Service” error should remove. Basically, you might have to restart the iPhone once again.
Locate the Cellular Settings on iPhone
The further newer workarounds in order to temporarily resolve this cellular data problem just on iPhone involve turning off the wi-fi calling and also locating LTE data settings to be data just, in spite of voice and data. However, for some utilizers, this probably is unacceptable as a fixed solution. But again this is a workaround, so you are also able to decide if or not the trade-offs of temporarily turning off the wi-fi calling & also the LTE voice are worth containing a cellular data connection at all.
- Head to the “Settings” application on iPhone with the cellular data issue
- Now head to the “Cellular” settings
- Here you have to select the “Wi-Fi Calling” and also disable the wi-fi calling feature –similarly this alone probably resolve the problem for some user.
- Now you have to head back to Cellular settings, so this time selecting “Cellular Data Options”
- Click on “Enabled LTE” and choose “Data Only” as the setting (the default setting is Voice and Data)
- Now come back to Settings
For lots of the users of iPhone utilizers, their cellular service will also restore & begin functioning again. However, this comes at the charge of temporarily losing wi-fi calling & also the voice LTE. So some users of iPhone probably find that just selecting one of the above settings conversions is sufficient to remedy their cellular issues too.
However, you should not have to restart the iPhone for these settings conversions to take effect. But doing so surely won’t hurt anything. Although hard restart also is not essential. So simply disabling and also enabling the iPhone should do the trick.
Examine and Install Cellular Carrier Updates
However, some iPhone utilizers probably still receive a “Cellular Update Failed” error message on their iPhone. In which case they should try in order to examine for a carrier settings update to iPhone just from the cellular service giver. And install one whether available. So these are updated simply from your mobile service giver that are separate from general iOS software updates from Apple. However, here is the way you are also able to examine & install a carrier update whether one is available:
- However, now you have to join the iPhone simply to a wi-fi network whether it is not recently connected to one
- Now you have to head the “Settings” app on the iPhone then you have to also head to the “General”
- Select “About” and drop down to the ‘Carrier’ section. Then wait a few moments. Whether a carrier update visible click on “Update” to install it on the iPhone
Well, guys, not everyone will also have a carrier update present. But it is worth examining in order to view whether you do. Evidently, some utilizers also have their iPhone cellular connectivity problems resolved. Simply by installing like carrier update, so it is clearly worth checking.
Read it out: How to Soft & Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
Additional Cellular Problem Troubleshooting
Whether you have tried the above-explained steps and continue to encounter iPhone cellular connection issues. So you probably like to try the following additional troubleshooting steps:
- Violently reboot the iPhone, the method for performing so is different on many iPhone devices:
- Simply Force re iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max
- Force reboot iPhone X
- Simply Force restart iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8
- Force restart iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Force restart iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus, 6, iPhone SE, 5s, 5, 4s, 4, etc with clickable Home buttons
- However, reset network settings on the iPhone. Although be mindful which you will also have to pull down wi-fi passwords simply to re-enter them. So along with further network customizations
- Whether the iPhone is also able to make and also receive calls. But not send or receive data, so then try these tips simply for cellular data not functioning on iPhone
- Backup the iPhone simply to iCloud or iTunes. So then you have to restore the iPhone from that backup
- Examine for general system software updates in iOS by heading to Settings > General > Software Update
- You have to now contact your cellular giver. And/or Apple, for further assistance whether nothing of the above tricks and also troubleshooting steps also have resolved your iPhone cellular issues. So you probably have to raise your troubleshooting to official sources
“Cellular Update Failed”
Although guys here I would like to tell you that I had direct encounter troubleshooting simply this specific iPhone cellular issue during the holidays. However, someone iPhone lost all cellular ability after installing a current iOS software update, similarly where the iPhone became stuck on “No Service” & also had the “Cellular Update Failed” message regularly popping up on the screen, not able to perform anything online. Similarly, all in all that an iPhone is a cellular phone, simply not having cellular connectivity is clearly frustrating.
Whether the cellular issues are the consequence of a bug with an iOS version, so then apparently a current update to iOS will also fix the issue completely. However, it’s not definite whether and when that will occur. Although it is always good advice in order to stay up to date on system software updates. Whether the current software update does resolve are called cellular data issues with iPhone, so then you’ll nearly certainly like to convert the LTE data setting back to Voice & Data. Turn on wi-fi calling on the iPhone again so that you are also able to use those great features as normal.
Also read the article: How to Reset Mac SMC (System Management Controller)
Fix: Cellular Update Failed On iPhone with iOS 12.1.2 SMS, LTE, Cellular Data Problems- Conclusion
Well, guys here I have thoroughly explained the guide. Did the above-explained tricks work in order to get your cellular data & also cellular connectivity working again on iPhone? Or did this post resolve your “No Service” issues & also the “Carrier Update Failed” error messages just on your iPhone? If you have any queries so then you can ask us in the comments section below.