Fix the Error: Internet Not Working on Mac Due to the “Self Assigned IP Address”
Every so often, Mac itself assigns an address named IP Address. Which can prevent the Internet from functioning. Similarly, even if the PC is connected to a Wi-Fi network, so then you can’t use the Internet. However, to fix the Internet not functioning issue due to the self-assigned IP address on Mac, so for this you will have to clear out some files.
Thus, don’t come depressed the method which we are going to explain for you is not quite lengthy and it works. Further, one day, I also experience this same problem and was able to troubleshoot it with the help of the following this trick.
Due to Self-Assigned IP Address on Mac Internet is Not Functioning: Fix the Error
- First of all, you have to organize the Finder on your Mac.
- Then, tap on Macintosh HD.
- Here you have to press on the Library folder and head over to Preferences.
- Similarly, your next press should be on the System Configuration folder.
- After this, now you have to move the following files in the trash.
- At last, restart your Mac.
However, if Macintosh HD is not available in the Finder sidebar, then you have to press on the Finder menu → Preferences → tap on the “Sidebar” tab → Under “Show these items in the sidebar” just press on “Hard disks.”
Furthermore, after your computer has restarted, the self-assigned IP address error will gone. Then you can use the Internet without any issue.
Way to Reset Mac’s IP Address
Though, in case if you are seeing to reset your Mac’s IP address to solve internet connection issues with your PC, then the following tips will also help you. Whether by removing the files that are given above does not help. Then these are the steps to reset Mac IP addressable to also prove helpful in fixing the self-assigned IP Mac problem.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Tap on the Network icon.
- Then make sure Wi-Fi is selected from the side pane. So then tap on the ‘Advanced’ button.
- Now press on TCP/IP from the top navigation bar.
- Then press on the ‘Renew DHCP Lease’ button.
- After this tap on OK to exit and from the top menu tap on the Wi-Fi button and disable Wi-Fi.
- Similarly, after a few seconds, you have to enable Wi-Fi back and then connect your Mac to your Wi-Fi network.
- So here Self-Assigned IP address issue is now solved and Internet should start functioning again.
Therefore, there you have it. This is the simplest way by which you are able to easily and quickly fix the Self-Assigned IP address error on Mac. And get your Internet connection working once again.
You can also read the related article: How to fix the Call Failed Error on iPhone? Tutorial Guide
Self Assigned IP Address-Conclusion
IP Address is able to prevent the Internet from working. Similarly, even if the PC connects to your Wi-Fi network, at that time you won’t able to use the Internet. Although to fix the Internet, not a working problem due to the self-assigned IP address on Mac. Thus for this, you will have to clear out some files. Furthermore, in this article, we have explained the way to fix the error on Mac “Self Assigned IP Address”. Hence we hope that you will like this article the most.
Don’t forget to share that “have this ticked worked in fixing your issue?” Give your feedback in the comments below. Similarly, if you have any questions regarding this article then feel free to let us know in the comments section below.