Fix the issue in Windows “Headphones are Not Working”
Well, Guys! I just like to listen to music on my headphones whilst I am working on something. Just because it prevents the chatter in my head, & also helps me focus on the task at hand. However, it also puts me in a relaxed mood so that I am not stressed about time & as well as deadlines, & it improves my productivity altogether. In this guide you will learn the way to fix the issue in Windows “Headphones are Not Working”.
Similarly, few things are more frustrating than when my headphones just stop working in the middle of a song. Though over time, I have learned to figure out some quick resolves & also other advanced remedies to some of the troubleshooting problems that I have had with my pair.
Fix the issue in Windows “Headphones are Not Working”
Well, Guys! this post lists some of the tried & tested things that you guys can also do when you find your headphones not working in Windows.
As well as, feel free to check out our YouTube channel & also watch the short video that we have created that goes over most of the items in this article:
Purposes Of Headphone Not Working In Windows
Similarly, some of the common issues that you probably face with your headphones just include a injured cable, headphone jack not working, Bluetooth connectivity problems, inability in order to sync audio with video or also to turn noise-cancellation on or off.
These are only a few problems though, but they are able to also be as varied as the number of headphone models available.
Just among the causes of headphones that are not working in Windows include an incompatible operating systems & drivers, or after installing a Windows Update. That probably break the headphone & also other components in your PC.
Lots of users those who updated their Windows 10 PCs just with the 1903 update reported that their computers were not recognizing their headphones. So they could not hear anything even the speakers worked fine.
This is normally a system issue but it could also specify an issue with the headphones.
Fix Headphones Not Working In Windows
- Initial checks
- Utilize the Windows Troubleshooter
- Use the Audio Troubleshooter
- Check Sound drivers
- Update or Rollback drivers
- Update or Rollback Windows Updates
- Perform a System Restore
- Repair or Replace
- Whether you are using the wired headphones, though check your audio jack. Simply look for the audio output port on the side or back of your PC. Frequently with the headphones or speaker icon, & make sure your headphone jack is accurately plugged in. You are also able to unplug & also plug them back in to push it in all the way until you feel it tap.
- Whether your headphones are wireless, so then enable the Bluetooth in Windows especially on your headphones & pair the two devices together.
- Check whether your headphones are connected to or paired with a various device through Bluetooth. Whether so, disable it, plug in your headphones and see whether they work again.
- Clean your PC’s headphone jack. However, guys the dust, lint & dirt probably block the connection between the jack & the headphones. Simply check for this & clean the jack just by using a cotton swab damped with some rubbing alcohol to get the lint & dust out. Or use a can of compressed air whether you guys have one close by. Similarly, plug the headphones back in & see whether they work.
- Simply set your headphones as the default device. You guys probably have plugged in your headphones. But it is not recognized as the default audio device. However, in this case, simply set them as the default device just by right-clicking the volume/sound icon on your PC’s system tray, & choose Open Sound Settings.
Underneath the Output
- Now in the Sound section just underneath the Output, select your headphones from the scroll-down menu.
- Though your headphones probably have an inline audio control that just works spearately of Windows’ sound controls. Whether so, check that the volume is loud enough for you to hear.
- You are also able to check the computer’s volume that controls by a right-clicking the Sound icon on your taskbar (speaker icon). Choose the Open Volume Mixer option. Similarlu, slide to adjust the sound for your headphones up for you to hear it.
- Check whether your headphones are muted just by looking for a red circle with a slash via it in the Windows volume control. Whether so, click on the speaker under the mixer volume to unmute it.
- Simply you have to balance the sound levels for your headphones. For doing this, head to the Sound settings > Sounds and tap the Levels tab to verify your headphones’ volume settings. Tap balance to adjust the balance levels.
- Simply try using an alternative set of headphones to view whether the issue is with your headphones or the PC. Whether the headphones are well. Though the problem could be with the drivers, operating system, or also other settings on the PC.
- Simply check sound improvement. For doing this, head to the Sound settings > Sounds > Enhancements tab & tap Disable all enhancements. Here test your headphones by choosing the Preview. Though guys some sound cards probaly not work whether enhancements are enabled.
Use the Windows Troubleshooter
For doing this, you must have to right-click the sound/speaker icon on your taskbar. Choose the Troubleshoot Sound Problems.
Now choose your headphones and then click Next.
Whether you get a prompt asking you in order to open audio enhancements, tap No. Do not open Audio Enhancements.
Use the Audio Troubleshooter
- However, in order to do this, head to the Windows Settings by tapping Start>Settings and then click Update & Security.
- Tap Troubleshoot and choose the Playing Audio option.
- Tap Run the troubleshooter & must follow the instructions on your screen.
- Reboot your PC. Whether you checked your audio settings & other checks. They are all working fine, try restarting your PC in order to solve any software glitches that could cause your headphones not to work in Windows.
Update Sound Card Drivers to Fix the issue in Windows “Headphones are Not Working”
- For doing this, so should right-click Start > Device Manager.
- In the device manager window, here double-click the Sound, video, and game controllers category.
- Check whether your sound card driver is updated. Whether not, so right-click on it and choose Update Driver. You are also able to allow the system search automatically for the updated driver software or browse for the software yourself from the PC.
- On the other hand you guys are also able to download the drivers from the sound card developer or enhancer’s website. Confirm you download the current driver for the Windows version you are using & also remember where you downloaded it to so you guys can also install it later.
However, the audio & Bluetooth drivers can also be rolled back to an previous version in the event though that a Windows Update triggered the issue with your headphones. Whether there was no update, next you must have to update the drivers to the current version available.
Though in order to roll back a driver, just follow these steps:
- First of all, Right click Start > Device Manager. Now double-click the Sound, video & game controllers category, & right-click on your audio or Bluetooth driver.
- Choose Properties.
- Tap the Driver tab and then tap the Rollback option.
Important Note: Whether there was no update. Next you have to update the drivers to the current version available.
Install the Latest Windows Updates to Fix the issue in Windows “Headphones are Not Working”
Whether you guys find your headphones not working in Windows though just after installing a Windows Update. So uninstall the update and reboot your PC.
- For doing this, first of all, you have to head to the Settings > Update & Security and then click Windows Update.
- Underneath Installed Updates, uninstall the current updates from the link there, & hide with the Hide Updates tool.
On other hand, get a patch for it by checking for current updates released by Microsoft.
Do a System Restore
Though a System Restore takes you back to where you guys were before the issue with your headphones started.
- You are able to do this by typing System Restore in the search bar. And choosing Create a Restore Point.
- In the System Properties window, tap System Restore.
- When you guys view the Restore system files and settings window, click Next.
- Choose the restore point you guys like to go back to and then click Next.
Repair or Replace
Well, Guys! Whether none of the above remedies resolved the headphones not working in Windows issues. So then you could take your PC or headphones to the repairman whether they are still under warranty. On the other hand, get a replacement whether the headphones are the issue.
Must read this article: Hiberfil. sys: Explain Hiberfil. sys & How To Delete It?
Well, I hope that you guys like the guide. If you have any queries so then you can ask us in the comments section below.