Fix: Weather App is Not Working in iOS 14 on iPhone
First, the Weather app was just available in the Today View. However, you are able to add it to your iPhone Home Screen and can also view the weather information with just a glance, in the iOS 14. Unluckily, for many of the users, this widget unable to work. It fails to refresh the temperature or displays no data. Similarly, for some, the location shows only ‘Cupertino.’ Fortunately nine tested solutions are there to fix the inconvenience of the weather app is not working on iPhone or iPad. Let’s start and have a look.
Way to fix the Wheather App is not Working In iOS 14 on iPhone
- Ensure the Location Access
- Check out the Internet Connectivity
- Manually choose the Location in Weather Widget
- Remove the Saved Location
- Enable Background App Refresh for Weather App
- Reinstall the Weather App
- Update to the latest iOS Version
- Reset Location and Privacy Data
- Reset All Settings
1. Ensure Location Access
The first step is to ensure the iPhone Weather app (not working) has access to your location. To examine this:
- In the first step, you have to first open the Settings app, then you have to drop down and click on Privacy.
- Next click on Location Services.
- Here ensure the toggle for Location Services is turned on.
- Then drop down and press on Weather.
- Click on While Using the App or Widgets. So you may also turn on the toggle for Precise Location.
2. Check out the Internet Connectivity
However, this goes without saying that to update weather information. So your iPhone must have to function the internet connectivity. Here let’s perform a checkout to ensure everything is alright on this front.
- Take a start by opening the Settings app and then click on Wi-Fi. Make sure that you are connected to a network. OR
- Press on Cellular and make sure it is turned on. Then drop down and ensure that under CELLULAR DATA, the toggle for Weather is green.
- Now open Safari and try to visit a website. If it loads, then the things are perfect. However, the weather app and the widget should have no problem fetching fresh data.
Important Note: If you are using a VPN, then please consider turning it off.
3. Manually select the Location in Weather Widget
I invented this trick while browsing Apple’s official developer forum.
- Simply from the iOS 14 Home screen, long press on the weather widget. Click on Edit Widget.
- Press on Location.
- Rather than My Location, type, and choose your desired location.
Note: After one or two iOS 14 advanced updates are released, then Apple will take care of this, and you are now able to switch to ‘My Location’ again.
4. Remove the Saved Location
- To do so, first, open the Weather app and from the bottom right. Then you have to click on the stack icon.
- Under ‘My Location,’ you will the saved locations. Swipe right to left on one and click Delete. So here repeat this for all saved entries.
- Now restart your iPhone, and the weather widget should work accurately.
- After this, you have to go ahead and then re-save the wished locations. To do so, you have to abide by the first step and press on the search icon. Then type the city name, click on the recommendation, and at last press on Add.
5. Enable the Background App Refresh for Weather App
Background Refresh allows the app to bring the new data in the background. Since if you are facing a problem with the Weather widget, then let’s make sure things are correct here or not.
- Open the Settings app and press General.
- Click on Background App Refresh.
- Similarly, on the next screen, confirm that it is On. And also, drop down and ensure the toggle for Weather is turned on.
6. Reinstall the Weather App (Weather App Not Working)
Though Weather is an inbuilt Apple app, so you are also able to uninstall it and reinstall it to fix things. Here is the way.
- From App Library, long press on the Weather icon. Simply click on Remove App → Delete. In addition, by long-pressing longer, you can easily enter jiggle mode. Here you have to click on the minus button and follow along.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Here now open the App Store and press Search. Then type Weather and click on the download icon to install the official app.
7. Update to the latest iOS Version
Although Apple frequently pushes iOS updates to fix such bugs and issues. Especially, after a major iOS release (say iOS 14), you soon obtain the next version (say iOS 14.1). Similarly, this (and subsequent updates) significantly polish things based on user feedback. Thus, you must obtain the latest version when available.
Note: Whether you are on iOS 14 beta, then you may also switch to the public version of iOS 14.
8. Reset Location and Privacy Data
However, if none of the steps work for you, then the resetting of location data might help. Let’s take a look.
- First, open the Settings app and click on General.
- Then drop to the end and press on Reset.
- Click on Reset Location & Privacy. Here enter your iPhone passcode and you have to make sure.
9. Reset All the Settings
Furthermore, the process that is mentioned above didn’t bring much luck? Consider resetting all settings.
So after this, every setting that you have turned to your liking will be restored to default. Similarly, a few things like VPN profiles will be removed. But personal stuff, photos, music, apps, etc. will stay as it is.
- Open the Settings app, click on General.
- Press on Reset.
- Now click on Reset All Settings.
- Next enter your device passcode (and Screen Time passcode, if asked).
- At last, click on Reset All Settings to initiate the method.
Moreover, after this, connect to a Wi-Fi network. At the time the basic things are organized, the weather app and the widget should work smoothly.
Related Article: Fix YouTube Is Not Working On iOS, Windows & Android
Weather App Not Working-Conclusion
Well, that’s all. To get the misbehaving weather widget these are the solutions that allow the weather widget working again. Thus I have also used these solutions and they will also work for you. In case if none of the steps works, and there are no pending iOS updates, please wait for the upcoming one. If you have something to say or add? Then please do so in the comments section below.