Google Duo: How to use Google Duo on a Windows PC or Laptop
Google Duo is one of the paramount video calling applications out there, and the chances are that you are already using it on one of your devices. But if you occur to run through most of your time on your Windows PC or Laptop. And literally prefer to do video calls, chats, and stuff from the comfort of your PC chair. So then you might desire to see the possibilities of using Google Duo for PC.
On your Web use Google Duo for Web
- Head over to the Google Duo web version in your favorite desktop browser by visiting this link.
- Then press the ‘Try Duo for web’ button in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
However, if you have not to sign in, so then Google will now ask you to sign in by using a Google ID. So when you are signed in, then you have to move to the next step.
- If a number link with your Google Duo account, then it’ll automatically pick up and your contact catalog will display on your screen.
- So now it will ask you to grant the website permission to send you notifications and permission to use your camera and microphone. Using Google Duo grants important permissions to start.
- Then you will reach the home screen of Google Duo’s web version. Here you have to just tap the Allow button available on the top.
- Tap on the ‘Allow’ button in the pop-up in the top left corner of the screen.
All your contacts will be loaded.
- Here press the contact or number you desire to place a video or voice call to.
- Now click the Voice call button to launch a voice call. Else, tap the Video call button to place a video call.
- On the other hand, you could press the blue button on the left-hand side — ‘Start a Call.’
- Next, add a number/email to begin a call.
Method to make a Group Call on Duo
Although Google Duo happily permits you to connect to up to 31 people over a group call. And doing it doesn’t need you to move mountains, as well.
- To hold a group call, firstly go to duo.google.com. Then press on ‘Try Duo for Web’.
- Simply here on the left-hand panel. Press on ‘Create Group.’
- Now Duo will automatically make a link that you are able to share with your friends. Similarly on the other hand you add up to 31 people from your contacts by tapping on the ‘Add People’ button.
- At last press on ‘Start’ to start a group video call.
Also, read this article: How To Add Ringtone To iPhone Without PC Or iTunes
On PC use Google Duo Android app
In this procedure, we will use the Google Duo Android app on your PC, using an app player software known as Nox.
- Download and install the following software on your Windows computer:
- Head over to the Nox App Player on your computer. When it’s fully loaded, then tap the Settings icon in the window control bar (near Window close, maximize, and close button).
- Next from Nox settings, turn on Root access and restart the program.
- At one time when the Nox restarts, then you have to add your Google account as you add it on an Android device.
- Head over to the Settings > Accounts > Add account. Next, drag and drop the Google Duo APK you downloaded in Step 1 to the Nox App Player window.
- However, here you will view a pop-up window, choose the ‘Open APK folder’ option in order to open the APK file in a file manager on Nox.
- Now press on the Google Duo APK file from the file manager window, then you have to scroll to the bottom and hit the Install button to install Google Duo on Nox App Player.
- So at one time, Google Duo is installed, so you have to then select ‘Open’ to open the Google Duo App on your computer. Organize the Google Duo app by verifying your number. Here use the on-screen keys to input your number, else the Next button may not work. Also, keep your mobile number close as you’ll obtain verification code by either SMS or by a call. If verification fails to reach you by SMS, press ‘CALL ME’.
Remember that one phone number is able to only run one instance of Google Duo. So if you have already launched Google Duo on your Android device. So then confirm to use another mobile number to organize Google Duo on PC. Else, Duo will unregister on your Android device.
Although after Google Duo is launch, then please tap on the video call button. Choose the contact you desire to commence a video call to.
Keep in mind that you are also able to only make video calls to numbers saved in your Contacts. This is why we suggest you add a Google account in Step 5 above so that you’ll have contacts from your phone synced over to your PC.
That’s all Folks! Now enjoy using Google Duo on your PC.
Related Article: Tutorial on How to Access Google Collections
Duo for PC-Conclusion
Google Duo is one of the paramount video calling applications out there, and the chances are that you are already using it on one of your devices. But if you occur to run through most of your time on your Windows PC or Laptop. And literally prefer to do video calls, chats, and stuff from the comfort of your PC chair. So then you might desire to see the possibilities of using Google Duo on your computer.
Well, we hope that you will like this article the most. In case of any queries that are related to this article so then you can ask us in the comments below.