Hidden Folder iPhone: Ways To Hide photos On iPhone
Do you want to hide some photos on iPhone and iPad by using Hidden Folder iPhone? Then everyone likely has a few photos sitting on iPhone. Now, they would rather nobody else see, whether it is embarrassing selfies, poorly filtered or edited pics. Then the picture of a receipt or personal paperwork, or anything else in the realm of private photos. After those pictures can make showing someone another picture on your iPhone (or iPad) an awkward experience. Now, you are hoping they don’t start flipping through your Camera Roll to discover that terrible photo. Then by winning the pie-eating contest. Luckily, the newest versions of iOS include an easy way to mitigate that potential awkwardness by allowing users to go about hiding select photos.
So, the photo also hides the feature that must be enabled individually for each picture. This will also set on a per-image basis. Then at the moment, there is no bulk hide function like there is with the ability. Then the bulk of the things remove a bunch of photos all at once. If you may want to get in the habit of regularly hiding the pictures. Then you don’t want to show up in your general photos app views.
Remember that this feature is available only to iOS 8 and newer. Then we are going to focus on the iPhone here, it works the same on the iPad and iPod touch too.
Ways to Hide a Photo With hidden folder iPhone:
Then here is how you can also hide photos on the iPhone and iPad. So, there is also pretty easy:
- Now, you have to open the “Photos” app and then you have to go to Camera Roll or Albums as usual.
- Then tap on the picture that you wish to hide. After that, this will open it as usual.
- You have to tap on the Sharing button that will also look like a square. Now, this has an arrow flying out of it, and then choose “Hide” from that sharing action menu.
- You have to older iOS then you have to tap and hold on to the photo itself to bring up an action menu. Then choose the “Hide” option.
- After that, you have to confirm that you want to hide the picture by tapping “Hide Photo”.
Note that there is a subtle difference in accessing the “Hide Photo” feature. So, the newest iOS versions versus older iOS versions and the rest are the same. However, if you can also perform the Hide Photo function on any vaguely recent release on iPhone or iPad. In this case, the picture or many are hidden, they will become invisible to the Collections. Now, this also includes the Years views and instead is placed in a separate “Hidden” album.
How to Access Your Hidden Photos on iPhone & iPad
When you have hidden the photos you want to hide. Then you will also want to know how to access them. So, Here is that you can find your hidden photos in iOS and iPadOS:
- First of all, you have to open the Photos app and tap on “Albums” view.
- Then you have to locate in the list of Albums that the folder called “Hidden”. You have to note that the thumbnail is not automatically generated for that folder. Then by offering additional privacy.
- After that, find your hidden photos in the Hidden Album. So, this is where all of your hidden photos will be stored.
Then Note that while a picture is hidden then it can still be shared or sent through messages as usual. This is as long as you can also access it from this hidden album.
Ways to Unhide a Picture on iPhone & iPad:
Also, hiding a picture is only part of the action. It is also possible that you want to unhide a photo at some point. So, here is how you can accomplish that:
- This is from the Hidden photo album. You have to tap on the picture you want to unhide.
- After that, tap on the sharing button. Then it looks like a square with an arrow flying out of it. Now, tap on the “Unhide Photo”.
- Now, On older iOS, you have to Tap and hold on to the picture. Then choose “Unhide” from the submenu that pops up.
- You can also send the picture back to the general Camera Roll. Then it becomes accessible to all albums and collections views again.
Did these Photos Really Hide on the iPhone? Kind Of
This is also very important to understand how the hide photo function works. Now, the photo(s) are hidden from the camera roll, Moments, Collections, and Year view. Also, we are still visible in a photo album not-so-discretely called “Hidden”. Then there is an effective at hiding photos from casual iPhone use and flipping. So, through your pictures in iOS, anyone who knows to look for the ‘Hidden’ album. This can still view the hidden images.
You have to note that in modern versions of iOS and iPadOS. Then you can also hide the Hidden photos album itself, which makes it invisible within the Photos app. So, this is a decent way of handling your truly private pictures. In case, if you are concerned about someone discovering the Hidden photos album as you hand them your device to look at. You can also consider using the send-to-self trick to avoid offering photo album and camera roll access. It is also possible that just message them the pictures instead.
Maybe one day the Hidden photo album will even allow for a passcode. You have to further lock it down. Now, that feature does not exist in iOS or iPad OS. This also workaround to that is to store private photos in a password locked Notes app instead. Then that is not quite the same.
So, this is all about the hidden folder iPhone.
Now, they would rather nobody else see, whether it is embarrassing selfies, poorly filtered or edited pics. Then the picture of a receipt or personal paperwork, or anything else in the realm of private photos. After those pictures can make showing someone another picture on your iPhone (or iPad) an awkward experience. Now, you are hoping they don’t start flipping through your Camera Roll to discover that terrible photo.
Did you Enjoy this topic hidden folder iPhone? So, Don’t miss our tons of other Photos app tips. In case, if you know of any other methods for hiding photos on iPhone and iPad. Kindly share with us in the comments.