How can Steam Hide Games From Profile
Steam is actually one of the largest digital distribution platforms for PC games. With a community of more than 100 million users using the platform. We are going to discuss How can Steam Hide Games From Profile.
If you guys are a Steam user and your profile is all set to public, then you are displaying your games library to millions of users as well. Most of the time, that’s not really an issue actually. If you are playing a famous game then there will be millions of other folks playing it too.
Most of the time, however, you may want to indulge in the guilty pleasure of playing a game. That you really should not love, however, you just can’t help playing it. You might also want to hide thousands of dollars worth of purchased games from prying eyes, that actually look to steal your Steam account.
Thankfully, it’s really possible to hide games on Steam so that they are not visible to prying eyes, Let’s see how. Steam actually shares your gameplay activity by default. If you are playing Hello Kitty: Island Adventure or Bad Rats, then you might want to keep your gameplay a secret. Let’s see how you can hide your Steam activity from your friends.
How can Steam Hide Games From Profile
- If you want to stop games from being visible in your Steam library. Then you will need to open the Steam client on your PC or Mac as well.
- When opened, tap on the Library tab at the top.
- Right-click on the game that you want to hide, then tap on Manage > Hide this game in order to hide it.
Your game will then no longer appear in your library. It won’t be deleted, it just won’t be visible until you decide to restore it actually.
Restore Hidden Games to Your Library
Hidden games are exactly that: hidden. If you guys have hidden a Steam game from your library, it is really easy enough in order to restore access to it.
- In order to start, tap on the View menu at the top of the Steam client.
- Choose Hidden Games from the drop-down menu that appears actually.
- You should now be able to see any games that you guys have previously hidden from your library.
- If you want to restore a game and then unhide it, right-click on a game and choose to Manage > Remove from Hidden to do so.
- Tap on the Library tab once you do that—your previously hidden game should now appear in your library as normal actually.
Hide Gameplay Activity From Steam Chat
If you guys are only kind-of embarrassed about the game you are currently playing. Maybe you do not care if it is listed on your profile page however, you do not want all your friends getting a notification. That you have started playing the game or see that you are playing it on their friend’s list. You can also go offline or become invisible on Steam chat actually.
In order to do so, tap in the “Friends and Chat” option in steam, tap on your username, and choose “Offline” or “Invisible.” Your friends won’t be able to see what you are playing right now, although this information will still appear on your profile page actually.
Note that setting your “Game details” to Private will avoid your friends from seeing the games that you are playing. Even if you are online in Steam chat.
Hide Your Steam Games From Others
What if you guys want to keep your whole library visible to you, but you do not want any of your friends from seeing it? It’s also possible to hide your Steam library from others.
- In order to do this, tap on your profile name in the top-right of the Steam client window. Then press the View my profile option.
- Click on the Edit Profile button in order to begin changing your Steam profile settings.
- In the Edit menu, press the My Privacy Settings option.
- Tap on the Game Details status—this will then display a drop-down menu along with many options.
- In the Game details menu, set your game privacy to Private as well.
Your friends now will no longer be able to see the games in your Steam account or elsewhere actually. The game that you are currently playing will remain hidden from view. As will your game achievements, save wish-list games, and much more.
Securing Your Steam Account
Even if you have hidden away those guilty pleasures, your secrets might not be safe if you do not keep your Steam account secure. The good news is that Steam basically offers two-factor authentication in order to protect your account from rogue agents.
You have to take your account security a step further by changing your Steam and email account passwords regularly. If you do not know what password you should use, use a password manager to create and also save secure passwords rather.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “steam hide games from profile” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.