How to Activate the hacked Hotspot Functioning on the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 8
Are you really ready to activate hacked hotspot functioning on the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S9, and Galaxy Note 9? On the unlocked devices in Europe and Asia, you get this feature by default (turn on and functioning) where you are also able to use the mobile’s data for sharing with other people. Or give your laptop an Internet connection. Although, that is not the same in the U.S., Where the carriers have blocked this on almost locked cellphones.
When in a day, every single megabyte was metered by network carriers, at that time the hotspot feature was not really looked at under the microscope. But meanwhile, telecom companies have started offering unlimited data plans, the mobile hotspot has not only been restricted. But also barred from use on carrier-locked devices.
However, with respect to the Galaxy devices, the users of Samsung Galaxy have been looking for how to unlock the mobile hotspot feature for quite some time. So there has been some progress. We sift via the user forums to bring for you two procedures that have been tried and tested to get hotspot functioning on the Galaxy S8 and other devices.
Therefore this guide was initially written for the Samsung Galaxy S8 (and S8+). But it can also use for other Samsung devices as well. Such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy S9, and the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.
Procedure 1: By using the QuickShortcutMaker app
- For this, first of all, you have to just firstly download the QuickShortcutMaker app.
- Then open the app and enter “test” into the search field at the top of the screen.
- Drop all the way down in the results to find and choose the “test.LTE functionality”.
- At one time the entry increases, then you have to just drop down to the last entry and click on “try”.
- Here navigate to the bottom to find the “APN setting” entry. Press on the entry that is already selected (blue dot).
- Then drop down to find “APN type. And confirm that you edit the one that reads “default,mms” and makes it appear as “default,mms,dun”.
- Tap on the three-dot menu on the top-right corner. Choose the Save.
Furthermore, here you have to try the hotspot now, we hope that it should function.
Procedure 2: Turn on the hotspot using ADB
However, for those of you who are not able to make the hotspot function on your Galaxy device with the above method. So there is an in-depth that is so far effective method to get it complete.
Step 1: Use ADB to turn off the DUN requirement
- Confirm that you enable USB Debugging on the device.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot tool on your computer.
- Here connect your Galaxy S8 to the PC using a USB cable. Here enter the following command in the terminal window:
- At one time you are inside the ADB shell, turn on the bypass and here turn off the DUN requirement by entering the following command:
settings put global tether_dun_required 0
- Now all you need to do is rewrite the DUN APN using the command:
settings put global tether_dun_apn "APNDUN,n.ispsn,,,,,,http://mm
- Similarly, if the command that is given above is not working. Then you should try the following two commands alternatively:
settings put global tether_dun_apn “APNDUN,n.ispsn,,,,,,,,,310,120,,dun” settings put global tether_dun_apn “APNDUN,n.ispsn,,,,,,,,,310,120,,default,dun
- Disable the Mobile data on your Galaxy device by using the Quick Settings.
- Now enable the Mobile Hotspot, after which you are able to go ahead and enable Mobile data.
Step 2: Launch a custom DNS server
Although if the above works out well for you, then ignore this. And if not, then take this is as an alternative for step 5 to 8 in Step 1 above.
Similarly, you are able to organize a custom DNS server for the mobile hotspot to function, depending on your network carrier.
Step 2.1 Here fetch Google DNS or OpenDNS IP addresses and then abide by the tricks to set it up. So if you have to specify a static IP address as well, enter the following commands in the terminal window:
IP: 192.168.43.XXX , where XXX is between 2 and 254 Gateway: 192.168.43.1 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 or /24 DNS 1: 18.104.22.168 DNS 2: 22.214.171.124
Step 2.2 Whether at any stage you desire to come back to the default settings, at that time you are able to use the commands below for doing this:
settings put global tether_dun_required 1 settings put global tether_dun_apn null
Even though these steps can be quite tough, but they have tested by multiple users and also approved to work in most cases. Similarly, if you still have any assistance with turning on the hotspot on your Galaxy device, be sure to hit us up.
Related Article: Install Android 9 Pie update on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with One UI
Galaxy S8 Hotspot-Conclusion
On the unlocked devices in Europe and Asia. So you get this feature by default (turned on and functioning). Where you are also able to use the mobile’s data for sharing with other people. Or give your laptop an Internet connection. We have thoroughly mentioned all the steps that will help you to activate the hotspot functioning on the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S9, and Galaxy Note 8