How to Add Playlist to iPhone or iPad
If you guys have an iOS device – iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you probably use iTunes in order to sync music to the device. And this works really fine, except there are times when iTunes does not really recognize your device and thinks it’s a new one as well. It then asks if it can delete each and everything on your iOS device and then replace it with what’s in your iTunes library. We are going to discuss How to Add Playlist to iPhone or iPad.
Well, you may have two separate iTunes libraries; say on a desktop computer and a laptop as well. And you may also want to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to one of those PCs to get some music from its library. However, if it is not the library that’s linked to your device, then you can’t do this actually.
Along with iMazing, you can copy music files from iTunes to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch actually. Even if iTunes thinks the device is linked to another library as well. iMazing actually does this retaining all the files’ metadata: each and every track’s name, artwork, and even ratings and play counts actually.
How to Add Playlist to iPhone or iPad
Apple iTunes has been redesigned actually, and also figuring out the new interface can be a bit daunting. Copying playlists to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod is actually a bit different relying on the version you are using. Let’s see how we can do it.
Before you guys are able to drop your playlist onto your iOS device. Then you have to turn on the “Manually manage music and videos” option using these steps actually:
- First, you need to connect your iOS device to your PC. On the iTunes starting screen, you will find your device as a tiny icon on the small bar underneath the play button. Choose that icon.
- Choose “Summary“.
- You have to scroll down until you see the “Options” menu actually.
- Now just check the “Manually manage music and videos” option.
- Now choose “Done” and “Apply” changes.
- First, you need to connect your device to the computer.
- Choose the icon for your device, located at the upper-left portion of the screen.
- Then choose the “Music” option on the left pane.
- Make sure that the “Sync Music” check-box is selected.
- Now in the “Playlists” section, check the playlists you want to sync with your iOS device.
- Choose “Sync” and your playlist should sync.
iTunes 12 – Option 2
- First, you guys have to connect your device to the PC.
- Then the “Music Playlists” should be listed in the left pane as well. Choose the playlist(s) you want to sync, then drag them up to your device listed in the “Devices” section on the left pane as well. They will then sync to your device as well.
- First, you have to connect your device to the PC. A button will then appear for your device in the upper-right portion of the screen. Just click it.
- Choose Add To… This will actually make a contents menu available on the right side
- Then select “Playlists” at the top of the screen as well.
- Drag any playlist from the left side to the right side actually.
- Tap on “Done“, then select the “Sync” button in the lower right corner of the screen in order to sync your changes.
How can you Copy Music from iPod/iPhone/iPad to macOS Catalina Music app
As I mentioned, TouchCopy is also fully compatible along with Macs that are running macOS Catalina.
So, you guys can easily copy your music from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad to your Music app on your Mac actually. Let’s see how to do it:
- You need to download and install TouchCopy on your Mac.
- Open TouchCopy and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod through your USB cable.
- Tap on the “Music” section.
- Choose the songs and playlists you want to copy.
- Tap on “Copy to Music” in TouchCopy.
- TouchCopy will then open the Music app and also start copying the music from your device.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “how to add a playlist to iPhone” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.