How to Change Netflix Password – Tutorial
Your Netflix password is actually an important tool in order to protect your account. It keeps unauthorized folks from using your Netflix sign-on, and it helps safeguard your payment information as well. You can also change your Netflix password from a computer or your mobile device. We are going to discuss How to Change Netflix Password – Tutorial. Let’s go!
If you’ve forgotten your Netflix password, or also want to change it to something more secure (as well as booting your ex off your account), then we’ve got you covered. Netflix is the most famous streaming service in the world, along with really fantastic shows. Such as Sex Education and Queer Eye that keep its 193 million subscribers glued to their screens actually.
How to Change Netflix Password – Tutorial
Well, this weekend, a friend somehow managed to acquire my Netflix password actually. Well, naturally, I had to change it. It actually took me a while to find where I should go on the website in order to change the password. After about 5 minutes, I finally figured it out actually.
From Desktop Browser
- First, log in to Netflix and make sure the primary account holder’s name is selected in the upper-right corner of the screen actually. If you guys have forgotten your password, then head to the Password Reset page. And now enter the email address for your account, then follow the directions in your email actually.
- Now mouse over your name in the upper-right corner, then select “Your Account“.
- Then choose the “Change password” link.
- Also, you have to type your “Current Password“, “New Password“, and then “Confirm New Password“.
- If you want to boot any devices that use Netflix out of your account and need the new password to be entered next time it is used. Now just check the “Require all devices to sign in again with a new password.“
- At last, tap on “Save“.
From iOS and Android App
- You have to log in to the Netflix app. If you guys have forgotten your password, press the “Forgot Your Password?” option.
- Choose the “Menu” icon at the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Then scroll down and choose “Account“.
- A browser page will then open where you can choose “Change password“.
- Then you need to type your “Current Password“, “New Password“, and then “Confirm New Password“.
- If you guys want to boot any of your devices that use Netflix out of your account and need the new password to be entered next time it is used. And then go and check the “Require all devices to sign in again with new password.“
- Finally, choose “Save“.
How to select a strong password
Whenever you are choosing a new password. You have to make sure you use a mixture of numbers, uppercase, and lowercase letters in order to make it difficult to guess. Punctuation marks such as ‘!’ or ‘%’ are worth including, too.
It’s always best to use a password that you do not use for any other applications actually. After all, if one account becomes compromised, a hacker can gain access to any other accounts that use the same login details as well.
Protect your Netflix account
Apart from changing your password periodically, Netflix also offers a few more tips on keeping your account safe. That includes adding a phone number to recover a forgotten password.
You guys should also sign out of unused devices, particularly if you are planning on selling them or giving them away. Netflix also says that “if you haven’t done this, and the device is no longer in your possession, then you can sign out of all devices from your Account page”,. Noting that it can take more than one hour for this to be completed actually.
Netflix also advises you to be aware of phishing attempts from scammers, particularly over email actually. Keep an eye out for any suspicious emails purporting to be from Netflix as well. Well, the company also says that it will “never ask for any personal information to be sent to us over email”. Such as payment information, identification numbers (i.e your social security number), or your account password as well.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “how to change Netflix password” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.
Also See: How to Disable Bixby Note 8 or Galaxy S8