How To Disconnect Spotify From Your Facebook Account
Do you want to disconnect Spotify from your Facebook account? Spotify makes it quite easy to log into your account. In fact, you can also use or set up Spotify to use your Fb login as your Spotify authentication. However, it means if you’ve successfully logged in to Facebook, then simply open the Spotify Web Player, and then you’re logged in.
But there might be times when you try to log into your Spotify account with various passwords, or you like to isolate your Fb account from Spotify. There are many methods you can do this, but first, you want to ensure you can move into your account whenever you unlink Spotify from your Fb account.
Reasons To Unlink Spotify From Facebook:
Before you plan to disconnect your Spotify account from your Facebook account, take a look at various reasons:
Turning On Your Spotify Account With Fb:
- Instantly log in to your Spotify account using any browser.
- You can then open your Spotify account from your Facebook-enabled mobile without trying to log in.
- You’ll only want to remember a password besides two.
Link Spotify To Your Facebook Data:
- You can instantly connect with Fb friends on Spotify and view what music your friends want to listen to.
- Instantly share your listening tastes to Facebook.
However, all features will be turned off when you try to unlink Spotify using your Facebook account.
At the same time, there are lots of other reasons why people are more concerned about their privacy after linking Facebook or Spotify. However, bother apps have access to your info on the other service. Access like this allows them to share your tastes, likes, or preferences with advertisers. Also, you should trust both enterprises with the info you provide on both accounts.
After unlinking from two services, you simply lock down your privacy a little more. As it boils down to what’s more necessary to you: community or social sharing, or your privacy. If you’ve made your mind to unlink the two accounts, then move further.
How To Reset Spotify Password
Before you get began, keep in mind that you know what your recent Spotify password is. Spotify doesn’t make it easy to search the password reset page using your account settings. However, you can automatically move to the password research page to reset your Spotify account. Now if you remember your real Spotify password, you can easily break the link between your Spotify or Facebook account.
Disconnect Fb From Spotify
If your major concern is the fact that Facebook can easily access your Spotify data or interests, you can disable that connection without turning off your ability to log in with your Fb account.
If you want to do this:
- Just log into your Spotify account.
- Then tap on your Profile icon and choose the Account.
- Then tap Privacy Settings from the list located in the left navigation menu.
- Move down to the Facebook data section, and turn off Process my Facebook data.
- From the confirmation window, tap Yes – Turn Off.
As it’ll block Spotify from processing data about who you share music from Spotify. It’ll aslo secure Spotify from posting to your Fb, or importing your personal Facebook contacts, and much more.
Also, it’ll leave the login feature so that you can still have the convenience of logging into Spotify using your Fb account. But also it boosts your privacy after blocking Spotify from accessing lots of Facebook data.
Spotify Makes Unlinking From Facebook Complex
What’s best is that Spotify has made something as easy as disconnecting your Fb account from your Spotify account remarkably hard.
Come let’s take a look:
- Spotify Web Player: You can just disconnect your Fb data, but not the login of your Facebook.
- Desktop App: There is no alternative to disconnect any connection to Fb from the desktop application.
- Spotify Mobile: Once you move into Spotify mobile app setting, you can’t view Facebook mentioned.
Also, though it looks totally impossible, there is a way to disconnect your Fb account from Spotify.
How To Unlink Spotify On Fb:
Again, remember that you’ve changed your Spotify account password before you follow the instructions below. As Spotify doesn’t allow you to disconnect from Fb on its end, you want to disconnect from Spotify using your Facebook account.
Log into your Fb account, and follow the instruction below to force a disconnection with Spotify.
- Tap on the dropdown located at the top right of the main Facebook page and tap Settings.
- Choose Apps and Websites from the navigation pane located on the left side of the window.
- Now move down until you view the Spotify app and view the chosen box to pick it.
- You’ll tehn view a warning that this action can remove your Spotify account, but it won’t. Choose Remove.
Don’t choose to remove all posts, photos, and videos unless you really like all past Spotify posts on Facebook to be removed.
Once you’re successfully finished, you can move back to your Spotify Web Player and then log in using your new password. Fb login will no longer be available.
How To Unlink Spotify Using Facebook App
If you don’t use Fb in the browser, you can then disconnect Spotify via a Facebook app for either iOS or Android.
- Head over to the Facebook app on your mobile.
- Click the icon with the three horizontal bars (menu).
- Click to dropdown Settings & Privacy, and click Settings.
- Move down and then click Apps and Websites.
- Look for Logged in with Facebook, and click Edit to open that menu.
- Move down to the Spotify app under Active.
- Click the radio selection located next to the Spotify app and click the Remove button.
You’ll then view the warning that this action could erase your Spotify account. Don’t fret about the warning. Click Remove to complete unlinking Spotify from Facebook.
If you have the choice to break the connection between Facebook or Spotify, you might not have the convenience of an instant login. But at least you should know you can also enjoy Spotify without having to fret about your tastes and dislikes getting shared outside of the Spotify account.