How To Download Galaxy S8 Firmware
Do you want to download Galaxy S8 firmware? The stable variant of the Android Pie update is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S8 handsets in the US. Called model G950USQU5DSC1 or DSC1 in short, you can now install the firmware using the below link.
The firmware download given for download below is designed for Sprint Galaxy S8. But now it is good on all the Galaxy S8 handsets carrying version no. SM-G950U.
The Stable Android Pie update for version SM-G950F added (build DSBA). However, the stable Android 9 firmware model comes as G950FXXU4DSBA. Look for the download link in the table given below.
Also, we added the CRL2 firmware for the unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 in the US (SM-G950U1). If you are searching to install or download the Android Pie beta update build ZSAB manually. Then you want the CRL2 Oreo model.
Also, we have added Android Oreo builds CRL3, which we need for downloading Pie OTA for the global version, SM-G950F.
You’ll also find the firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S8 mobile here. As it includes the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update software version. Not just Oreo, but also have the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware is given below. So if you want to downgrade from Oreo OTA to Nougat, just install the new Android 7.0 firmware for your device.
Also, you need to install or download Galaxy S8 firmware meant for the accurate version no. of your device, so check it first that first before installing the firmware.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Firmware
All the Samsung Galaxy S8 versions in the US come with the same version no. now, but their firmware is also available separately. But due to their firmware is cross-compatible. It means you can also flash a firmware design strictly for T-Mobile Galaxy S8 on AT&T S8. Also, it won’t cause any issues.
How To Check Firmware Exactly Design For Your Carrier In the USA?
Well, the US Galaxy S8 comes with version no. SM-G950U for all carriers (SM-G950U1 is an unlocked device). So you’ll just find the SM-G950U firmware that ends with your carrier code. The carrier codes are given as follows:
- ATT for AT&T Galaxy S8
- SPR for Sprint Galaxy S8
- TMB for T-Mobile Galaxy S8
- VZW for Verizon Wireless Galaxy S8
- USC for US Cellular Galaxy S8
Android 8.0 Oreo
Yes, the Android 8.0 update is available now as firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S8. Check the version no. of your device. You can then install the new Android 8.0 update firmware available in the below table for that exact version number.
It’s quite easy.
You can also install or download any firmware for version no. SM-G950U on your device. Keep in mind that it doesn’t matter as version no. remains the same. It works on your AT&T Galaxy S8.
Well, it means that you can also download or install a Verizon/T-Mobile S8 firmware on your AT&T S8, and.
Galaxy S8 firmware download
Many other firmware files are as per your device’s version no., as usual, so no code-finding-in-firmware-name-exercise needs for versions rather than SM-G950U (US model).
Note: Don’t install or download SM-G950U1 firmware on the SM-G950U device. Also, Canadian Galaxy S8 comes with version no. SM-G950W.
Well, it is quite common to not find many firmware files for the AT&T version of Samsung devices. Well, this is the case with Samsung’s S8 too, and thus you can’t find a specific firmware for the AT&T model above. But we have only one firmware for the AT&T Galaxy S8, mentioned below.
- AT&T S8 only – version G950USQS1AQF7 – Android 7.0 Nougat – G950USQS1AQF7_ATT_ATT.zip
- Many firmware will also be added here when available.
- Of course, you can also install T-Mobile or Verizon S8’s firmware on your AT&T S8. And vice versa.
Download Samsung Galaxy S8 firmware Links As Per Your Mobile Version No:
|Model||Date||Software version | Android version||Download Link|
|SM-G9500||27 Dec 2017||G9500ZHU2AQL2 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G9500ZHU2AQL2_G9500ZZH2AQL2_TGY.zip|
|SM-G9500||27 Apr 2018||G9500ZCU2CRD8 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G9500ZCU2CRD8_G9500CHC2CRD8_CHC.zip|
|SM-G9508||18 Apr 2018||G9508ZMU2CRD4 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G9508ZMU2CRD4_G9508CHM2CRD4_CHM.zip|
|SM-G9508||22 Nov 2017||G9508ZMU2AQK8 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G9508ZMU2AQK8_G9508CHM2AQK8_CHM.zip|
|20 Feb 2019||G950FXXU4DSBA | Android 9 Pie||G950FXXU4DSBA_G950FOXM4DSBA_DBT.zip|
|SM-G950F||28 Dec 2019||G950FXXU4CRL3 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950FXXU4CRL3_G950FOXM4CRL1_INS.zip|
|SM-G950F||31 May 2018||G950FXXU2CRED | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950FXXU2CRED_G950FOXM2CREB_ATO.zip|
|SM-G950F||16 Apr 2018||G950FXXU1CRD7 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950FXXU1CRD7_G950FOXM1CRD5_ATO.zip|
|SM-G950F||15 Mar 2018||G950FXXU1CRC7 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950FXXU1CRC7_G950FOXM1CRC7_ATO.zip|
|SM-G950F||19 Feb 2018||G950FXXU1CRB7 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950FXXU1CRB7_G950FOXM1CRAP_ATO.zip|
|SM-G950F||–||G950FXXU1CRAP | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950FXXU1CRAP_G950FOXM1CRAP_TUR.zip|
|SM-G950F||13 Dec 2017||G950FXXU1AQL5 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950FXXU1AQL5_G950FUWE1AQL5_CWW.zip|
|SM-G950F||08 Jun 2017||G950FXXU1AQF7 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950FXXU1AQF7_G950FUWB1AQF7_BVO.zip|
|SM-G950FD||20 Nov 2017||G950FXXU1AQK7 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950FXXU1AQK7_G950FOXM1AQK7_SER.zip|
|SM-G950FD||07 Jul 2017||G950FXXU1AQG5 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950FXXU1AQG5_G950FOXM1AQG5_SLK.zip|
|SM-G950FD||19 May 2017||G950FXXU1AQEB | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950FXXU1AQEB_G950FOXM1AQEB_XSG.zip|
|SM-G950FD||11 May 2017||G950FXXU1AQE5 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950FXXU1AQE5_G950FOXM1AQE5_INS.zip|
|SM-G950FD||25 Apr 2017||G950FXXU1AQDG | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950FXXU1AQDG_G950FOWM1AQDG_COL.zip|
|SM-G950N||19 Feb 2018||G950NKSU1CRB7 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950NKSU1CRB7_G950NOKR1CRB7_KTC.zip|
|SM-G950N||11 Dec 2017||G950NKSU1AQL3 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950NKSU1AQL3_G950NOKR1AQL3_KTC.zip|
|27 Mar 2019||G955USQU5DSC1 | Android 9||G950USQU5DSC1_G950UOYN5DSC1_SPR.zip|
|SM-G950U||24 Dec 2018||G950USQU5CRK1 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950USQU5CRK1_G950UOYN5CRK1_TMB.zip|
|SM-G950U||14 Jun 2018||G950USQU3CRD4 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950USQU3CRD4_G950UOYN3CRD4_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U||13 Mar 2018||G950USQU2CRC5 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950USQU2CRC5_G950UOYN2CRC5_LRA.zip|
|SM-G950U||26 Feb 2018||G950USQU2CRB9 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950USQU2CRB9_G950UOYN2CRB9_TMB.zip|
|SM-G950U||10 Nov 2017||G950USQU2BQK5 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU2BQK5_G950UOYN2BQK5_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U||08 Nov 2017||G950USQU1AQK3 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQK3_G950UOYN1AQK3_VZW.zip|
|SM-G950U||25 Oct 2017||G950USQU1AQJH | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQJH_G950UOYN1AQJH_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U||18 Oct 2017||G950USQU1AQJ8 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQJ8_G950UOYN1AQJ8_TMB.zip|
|SM-G950U||01 Sep 2017||G950USQU1AQHD | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQHD_G950UOYN1AQHD_TMK.zip|
|SM-G950U||29 Jul 2017||G950USQU1AQGL | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQGL_G950UOYN1AQGL_VZW.zip|
|SM-G950U||14 Jul 2017||G950USQU1AQGA | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQGA_G950UOYN1AQGA_TMB.zip|
|SM-G950U||07 Jul 2017||G950USQU1AQG4 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQG4_G950UOYN1AQG4_VZW.zip|
|SM-G950U||26 Jun 2017||G950USQU1AQFJ | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQFJ_G950UOYN1AQFJ_TMK.zip|
|SM-G950U||24 May 2017||G950USQU1AQEF | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQEF_G950UOYN1AQEF_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U||27 Apr 2017||G950USQU1AQDF | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQDF_G950UOYN1AQDF_VZW.zip|
|SM-G950U||27 Apr 2017||G950USQU1AQDE | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQDE_G950UOYN1AQDE_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U||07 Apr 2017||G950USQU1AQD9 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQU1AQD9_G950UOYN1AQD9_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U||24 May 2018||G950USQS3CRE2 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950USQS3CRE2_G950UOYN3CRE2_TMB.zip|
|SM-G950U||22 Feb 2018||G950USQS2BRB1 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQS2BRB1_G950UOYN2BRB1_BST.zip|
|SM-G950U||07 Feb 2017||G950USQS2BQL1 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQS2BQL1_G950UOYN2BQL1_VMU.zip|
|SM-G950U||18 Oct 2017||G950USQS1AQJA | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQS1AQJA_G950UOYN1AQJA_VZW.zip|
|SM-G950U||18 Sep 2017||G950USQS1AQI6 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQS1AQI6_G950UOYN1AQI6_VZW.zip|
|SM-G950U||09 Jun 2017||G950USQS1AQF7 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950USQS1AQF7_G950UOYN1AQF7_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U1||28 Dec 2018||G950U1UES5CRL2 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950U1UES5CRL2_G950U1OYM5CRL2_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U1||09 May 2018||G950U1UEU3CRD4 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950U1UEU3CRD4_G950U1OYM3CRD4_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U1||26 Feb 2018||G950U1UEU2CRB9 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950U1UEU2CRB9_G950U1OYM2CRB9_ATT.zip|
|SM-G950U1||07 Nov 2017||G950U1UEU2AQK2 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950U1UEU2AQK2_G950U1OYM2AQK2_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U1||08 Aug 2017||G950U1UEU1AQH3 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950U1UEU1AQH3_G950U1OYM1AQH3_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U1||10 Jul 2017||G950U1UEU1AQG2 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950U1UEU1AQG2_G950U1OYM1AQG2_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U1||25 May 2017||G950U1UEU1AQE3 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950U1UEU1AQE3_G950U1OYM1AQE3_USC.zip|
|24 May 2018||G950U1UES3CRE2 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950U1UES3CRE2_G950U1OYM3CRE2_USC.zip|
|SM-G950U1||14 Jun 2017||G950U1UES2AQL1 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950U1UES2AQL1_G950U1OYM2AQL1_USC.zip|
|SM-G950W||02 May 2018||G950WVLU3BRD5 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950WVLU3BRD5_G950WOYA3BRD5_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||13 Mar 2018||G950WVLU2BRC1 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950WVLU2BRC1_G950WOYA2BRC1_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||26 Feb 2018||G950WVLU2BRB7 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950WVLU2BRB7_G950WOYA2BRB7_BMC.zip|
|SM-G950W||21 Nov 2017||G950WVLU2AQK7 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950WVLU2AQK7_G950WOYA2AQK7_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||18 Oct 2017||G950WVLU1AQJ4 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950WVLU1AQJ4_G950WOYA1AQJ4_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||11 Sep 2017||G950WVLU1AQI3 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950WVLU1AQI3_G950WOYA1AQI3_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||15 Jul 2017||G950WVLU1AQG5 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950WVLU1AQG5_G950WOYA1AQG5_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||24 May 2017||G950WVLU1AQEJ | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950WVLU1AQEJ_G950WOYA1AQEJ_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||27 Apr 2017||G950WVLU1AQDE | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950WVLU1AQDE_G950WOYA1AQDE_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||07 Apr 2017||G950WVLU1AQD9 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950WVLU1AQD9_G950WOYA1AQD9_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||11 May 2018||G950WVLS3BRE1 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G950WVLS3BRE1_G950WOYA3BRE1_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||29 Jan 2018||G950WVLS2ARA1 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950WVLS2ARA1_G950WOYA2ARA1_RWC.zip|
|SM-G950W||03 Aug 2017||G950WVLS1AQH1 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950WVLS1AQH1_G950WOYA1AQH1_XAC.zip|
|SM-G950W||12 Jun 2017||G950WVLS1AQF7 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G950WVLS1AQF7_G950WOYA1AQF7_XAC.zip|
Active Firmware Of Samsung Galaxy S8:
|Model||Date||Software version | Android version||Download Link|
|SM-G892U||11 May 2018||G892USQU2BRE3 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G892USQU2BRE3_G892UOYN2BRE3_TMB.zip|
|SM-G892U||14 Sep 2018||G892USQU1BRC4 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G892USQU1BRC4_G892UOYN1BRC4_TMB.zip|
|SM-G892U||17 Apr 2018||G892USQS1BRD5 | Android 8.0.0 Oreo||G892USQS1BRD5_G892UOYN1BRD5_TMB.zip|
|SM-G892U||06 Feb 2018||G892USQS1ARB3 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G892USQS1ARB3_G892UOYN1ARB3_TMB.zip|
|SM-G892U||23 Dec 2018||G892USQS1ARA1 | Android 7.0 Nougat||G892USQS1ARA1_G892UOYN1ARA1_TMB.zip|
How To Install Correct Firmware File
Make sure you first check and find the exact version no. of your Samsung Galaxy S8. Then, check for the correct firmware build from above.
You can also check the model no. using an app known as Droid Info, or just check it on its packaging box. Or move to Settings > About. Another solid tip would be to view your device packaging box.
Now that you know version no., install the latest firmware from above for that version no. exactly.
Then, install the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S8 after following the below section:
Initially, read our disclaimer, then take a proper backup, and then follow the steps below to install the firmware.
Disclaimer: Installing or downloading an official firmware via Odin can’t damage your device’s warranty, but it still an unofficial process. Also, you want to be careful about it. In any situation, you are only responsible for your device. We can’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Take A Proper Backup! Create an appropriate backup of pictures, contacts, videos, songs, and many other files saved on your device before moving to the steps given below, so that in case something went wrong then take a backup of all your files. Certainly, firmware installation might remove everything on your device! Like, whenever you modify the CSC of your device, knowingly or not.
Steps To Install Firmware
Come let’s take a look at how to install the firmware on your Galaxy S8. Make sure you have a 50% battery on your device.
- Make sure you have installed the correct firmware file on your computer. Then view above for how to download the exact firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy S8 and download links.
- Then successfully install Samsung USB driver first of all. Double-tap the .exe file of drivers to start the installation. (Not necessary if you have already done this.)
- Then, download Odin PC software (new version).
- Then extract the firmware file now. You can also use free software such as 7-zip for this. Then install 7-zip, then right tap on firmware file, and at the bottom of 7-zip, choose ‘Extract here’. then you’ll receive a file in .tar.md5 format now. Now we’ll be loading this file into Odin, to be installed on the device.
- Then successfully Extract the Odin file. You should receive the Odin exe file.
- Now successfully disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S8 from the computer if it is connected.
- Then boot into download mode:
- Switch off your device. Wait a while until the screen goes off.
- Now hit and hold the three buttons Volume down + Home + Power simultaneously until you view the Warning screen.
- Hit Volume Up to continue to download mode.
- Double-tap on Odin .exe file to successfully open the Odin window. You must be careful with Odin, and as said to fix issues.
- Now plug your device via USB cable. Odin can easily recognize your device. When it successfully recognizes, you will then view Added!! message appearing in the Log box in the under left, and the first box at the bottom of ID:COM will display a no. and changes its background blue.
- You can’t proceed further until you’ll get the Added!! message, which confirms that Odin has successfully recognized your device.
- If you don’t receive the Added!! message, you want to install/re-install drivers again, and then use the real cable that came with the device. Some drivers create issues (look at step 2 above).
- You can also try various USB ports on your computer too.
- Now successfully load the firmware file into Odin. Then tap the AP button on Odin and then choose the .tar.md5 file from above. Then load the firmware files(s) on your mobile. As it depends on the number of files you got in step 4 after extracting the firmware .zip file.
- Case 1: If you receive a single .tar/.tar.md5 file, then successfully load this into the AP tab of your Odin software. Then move to another step. f you want to load the file. Also, tap on the AP tab, or choose the single firmware file initiating with AP text. Then wait a while until its load. Or else skip step 11, avoiding the remaining part of this step.
- Case 2: If you receive more than 1 .tar/.tar.md5 file, then you are having files initiating with CSC, AP, Home_CSC, BL, CP, etc. stuff. In this situation, select the files as follows. Then choose the firmware files as follows.
- Tap on the BL tab, and choose the file starting with BL text.
- Also, tap on the AP tab, and pick the file initiating with AP text.
- Then tap on the CP tab, and choose the file starting with CP text.
- [Different] Tap on the CSC tab, and choose the file starting with HOME_CSC text. If the HOME_CSC file is not available, then choose the file starting with CSC text.
- CSC file: With the help of the HOME_CSC file can’t reset your device, and data on the mobile shouldn’t be removed. However, when we choose a regular CSC file, and it results in CSC on the device that is quite different than in the CSC file. Then your mobile will be automatically formatted. You can also select to skip loading the CSC file. But if it doesn’t work out, repeat the entire process and choose the CSC file this time around.
- After you load files, Odin analyzes the md5 of the firmware file. As it takes time. So, simply wait until that’s done and the firmware file is loaded. Don’t fret if Odin gets unresponsive for a while, it becomes normal. Binary size will also display in Odin.
- Tap on the Options tab, and ensure the Re-partition checkbox is NOT selected. Also, don’t try to use the PIT tab, ever. Move back to the Log tab now, as it will display the firmware installation progress when you press the start button in the other step.
- Then verify that everything is perfect as mentioned above. When you satisfied, tap the Start button on Odin now to initiate flashing the firmware on your device. Wait until the installation is completed. Then your device will automatically reboot. You’ll receive a PASS message about successful installation from Odin.
Some errors you encounter and their solution.
- If Odin stuck at setup connection, then you want to do this all again. Unplug your device, quite Odin. Then boot your device in download mode. You can then open Odin, and then choose the file and flash it again as said earlier.
- If you receive the message FAIL in the top left box, then you want to flash the file as mentioned above.
That’s all about it. Let the device restart automatically.
The initial start of the device might take time, so wait a while. When it verifies the installation. Head over to the Settings > About device, to confirm the new build no. that is based on the firmware you installed currently.
Here’s all about ‘Download Galaxy S8 firmware’. If you like this then share it with others. Or else, if you want to share any other method to download Galaxy S8 firmware then let us know below!