How to Download the Samsung Galaxy S5 Drivers
In order to download the Galaxy S5 drivers can be either as simple as anything very simple and easy, or one hell of a method. However, it depends on a variety of factors and the version of windows that you are running (XP is the very definition of hell, in cases like this). Conflicting software downloaded on your computer, even the uninstalled the prior versions of drivers. Those are blocking the new guy like Trojans, your USB port’s health, and your USB cables to name some.
Though, in most of the cases, the Samsung devices work out of the box on computers running either Windows 7 or Windows 8.
However, if you are looking at this page then it means that you are having a problem connecting your Samsung Galaxy S5 to your PC and you like to fix it. Let’s take a start.
Download the Galaxy S5 Drivers
Before starting the process of downloading you have to first clean your PC of leftover drivers that have not been thoroughly uninstalled. And probably be conflicting (or might do so) with new drivers. So, you have to follow these steps:
- Firstly off disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Then uninstall any prior drivers installed for your phone on your PC.
- Then reboot your computer.
Two methods are there to get proper drivers installed on your PC.
USB DRIVER SETUP FILE
However, installing drivers using this procedure should work in 99% of cases. If not, then go to the next method. Similarly, this involves driver installation, and the next method includes installing drivers via Samsung’s Kies software.
- Install the Drivers file | File: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v184.108.40.206.exe (15.3 MB)
- And after this double click, the setup file to run it on your Windows PC and start the drivers’ installation
- Here reboot your computer.
SAMSUNG KIES 3
Here you should install Kies — Samsung’s own software for running your phone on your computer. So it will just download the proper drivers for your phone.
- First, you have to connect your Galaxy S5 to your computer.
- Download and install Samsung Kies 3.
└ If it asks you for downloading more files while installing, so then let it do so.
Further, the Galaxy S5 drivers have been installed. Simply try to connect your phone now and it should be working fine. If it is well connected, do not follow the guide below.
Similarly, if Galaxy S5 drivers are still an issue, follow the following on Kies software:
- Head to the Kies 3 that you have installed above.
- Here head to “Tools” and choose the “Reinstall device driver” option.
- Now on the pop-up window, you have to tap on the “Reinstall” button.
- Choose the“Yes” option on the next pop-up screen to allow installation of the driver
If your Galaxy S5 drivers problem should be resolved now. So try connecting in MTP mode and in Download mode with Odin.
Furthermore, if you are still unable to get your device connected. So then try out the troubleshooting tips given below:
- First, connect your phone to other USB ports on your PC.
- Simply you should try the various USB cables. The original cable that came with your phone should work the best. Similarly, if not — so then try any other cable that is new and of good quality.
- Now reboot your computer.
- Finally, try on a different PC.
Must read this article: Moto G5S Plus Oreo Update Date and More – Review
Galaxy S5 Drivers-Conclusion
To download the Galaxy S5 drivers can be either as simple as anything very simple and easy, or one hell of a method. However, it depends on a variety of factors and the version of windows that you are running (XP is the very definition of hell, in cases like this). Conflicting software downloaded on your computer, even the uninstalled the prior versions of drivers. Well, we hope that you will like this article the most. In case, of any queries, you can ask us in the comments below.