How to Fix Apple TV Won’t Turn ON? Tutorial Guide
New Apple TV is definitely the best of the lot. Showing off the numerous good-looking features like universal search, redesigned remote, apps, and Siri, the TV has been able to please its users in its recent avatar, hasn’t it? A few days ago my Apple TV immediately stopped responding at all. So I tried a lot but it didn’t turn on. But just when I started to take tension about what had gone wrong, so one of my friends recommend me a few tricks that luckily resolved the problem. Here we are going to solve this issue, How to fix Apple TV Won’t Turn On?
Apple TV Won’t Turn on? Here Are Fixes
If your Apple TV does not respond or simply won’t turning on, then you have to check the light on the front of the device
Here you will have to restore your TV if the light flashes for more than 3 minutes.
- First of all, you have to unplug the HDMI cable and power cord from your Apple TV
- Then organize the iTunes on your computer. So make sure that you are containing the latest version
- Simply plug in a USB-C cable on the back of your Apple TV (4th gen). (For Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), use a Micro-USB cable. So here make sure to use the correct cable for your model and never plug a lightning to USB cable into your TV.)
- Now, you should plug the other end of your USB-C or Micro-USB cable into a USB port on your computer. (For Apple TV – 3rd or 4th generation, make sure to plug in the power cord. For Apple TV – 2nd generation – just leave it unplugged.)
- Thus in iTunes, you will be able to see the TV summary page. Here tap on the Apple TV icon from the upper-left corner, if you don’t see the summary page.
- At last, you have to tap on Restore TV. Now, allow the restore procedure to be done. Similarly, when the restoration process is done, then you will have to unplug the USB-C or Micro-USB cable and power cord if it is connected. Then reconnect the HDMI cable and power cord to your TV.
However, in case the light is stable or fix and does not flash. So now you have to follow these steps to fix it.
- First of all, you have to unplug both ends of the HDMI cable and then plug them back in.
- Then you have to disable your TV and receiver (if you use it). Unplug your Apple TV from power and plug it back in. Now enable your receiver and TV again.
- In your TV’s menu, you will now have to just choose the HDMI input.
- Up next, you have to connect your TV directly to your TV without using a receiver or HDMI switch as the issue might be with your receiver or switch.
- So now you are also able to try a different HDMI cable to check out whether the problem is with your cable.
Therefore, if the issue hasn’t yet been fixed, then you should try to adjust the HDMI and show the settings on your TV. Simply head over to Settings > Audio and then the Video. Similarly, use the remote to turn the resolution in case the screen is blank and you can not go to Settings.
- For Apple TV (4th generation), you have to hold Menu and Volume Down for the first five seconds. (For – 2nd or 3rd generation – here you have to hold Menu and Up for five seconds.)
- Once you let go of the buttons, Apple TV will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds. At that time you will have to choose the OK to select a resolution. Further, choose to Cancel to quit.
Moreover, if still there is no light, then try out the following steps.
- Firstly, you should unplug the power cord from your TV. Then you have to wait for some time (about one minute) then plug it back in.
- Simply then you have to plug the power cord into a different power outlet or power strip
- Then you have to try a different TV power cord if it’s available.
- At last, restore your Apple TV from your computer.
It is done!
Related Article: iPhone TV Remote to Control Your Smart TV
Apple TV Won’t Turn On-Conclusion
The new Apple TV is definitely the best of the lot. Showing off the numerous good-looking features like universal search, redesigned remote, apps, and Siri, the TV has been able to please its users in its recent avatar, hasn’t it? Well, we hope that in the above-mentioned post we have thoroughly explained to you the solutions to this issue, how to fix Apple TV Won’t Turn On? We also hope that you will like this article the most. So in case of queries then you can ask us in the comments below.