How To Fix if your iPhone Not Showing up in iTunes?
In case, if your iPhone Not Showing up in iTunes then you can fix this issue after reading this article. Here are some of the solutions. When iTunes update in every new update or iOS or iTunes there are many issues that need to be sorted out. If you want to resolve the issues then the primary requirement is that you should be able to use iTunes. In most of the cases, you construct if you aren’t able to connect your iPhone to iTunes.
This is a very annoying situation that the iPhone is not showing in iTunes. It does not matter how perfectly you have can install an update. So, there are some or other glitches in which you can prevent your iPhone to show up in iTunes. Here are some of the solutions listed below.
Solution if iPhone Not Showing up in iTunes:
1. If iPhone Not Showing up in iTunes: The Basic Troubleshooting Method for Mac and Windows
When you move to the tedious technical process then let us make sure that you have done the basic troubleshooting method.
- You just have to make sure that your USB cable is in perfect condition. Then it is also possible to try using a different cable.
- Now you have to restart your iOS device and your PC.
- Also, this process is one is a little stupid. Then you have to make sure you have connected your iOS device with your PC using a cable.
- Then try changing USB ports on your computer and there is a possibility your PC USB port be a malfunctioning feature.
- After that disable all the restrictions on your iOS device by going to the Settings. In this step click on the General option. Then Restrictions → Toggle OFF option.
- Next, click on the update iTunes to the latest version and also update your iOS to the latest version.
- In this case, if you are on Mac, check for the latest OS X. Then if it is available, download and install it.
- You can also completely uninstall iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, and Bonjour. After that re-install iTunes then it will automatically re-install other services.
- Now you just have to make sure that you have tapped the Trust button. By using your iOS device when you connect it to your Mac/Windows devices.
In this case, if you have done all the basic troubleshooting and still iPhone not showing in iTunes. It means you will have to do some technical process. Then check below for the step-by-step guide for Mac and Windows users.
Steps on Mac Devices if iPhone Not showing up in iTunes:
To Check the iTunes services
- First of all, you have to open the Spotlight on your Mac and then search for Activity Monitor.
- Then open the Activity Monitor option and then make sure you set view All Processes and not My Processes option.
- Now check from the list of processes, if the iTunes Helper service is running or not.
- In this case, if you don’t find the service in the list. Then you will need to re-install iTunes.
- In this step, click on it if your iPhone is being detected in iTunes or not. Now if this issue still not resolved then keep reading below for an alternate option.
To Uninstall the iTunes from Terminal
- First of all, you have to search for Terminal in the Spotlight.
- By using the terminal window type the following commands one by one to force uninstall iTunes:
- The cd /Applications
- And the sudo rm -r iTunes.app
- In this step, the process is completed and then you can download a fresh copy of the latest iTunes version and then install it.
Now you should definitely solve the issue of the iPhone not showing in iTunes. In this step, you are a Windows user check the guide given below for details.
Apply this on Windows PC:
- First of all, move to this path C:\Windows and then search for the SYS file.
- After that right-click on the file and choose Open File Location. Now click on the copy of all the files to a new file folder.
- Then open the Device Manager and then look for Apple iPhone. Next, from under Portable devices and right-click to choose the Update Driver Software option.
Also Read: Download CM14 Via Cyanogenmod Recovery
You can also Try This:
- To Quit iTunes and then disconnect the iPhone from the computer device.
- Now Uninstall iTunes.
- Then check the path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple in the file folder. You just have to delete it If the file folder exists.
- After that check the path C:\User\Username\AppData\Local\Apple\ and\Apple Computer. Again delete them if the file folders exist.
- In this case, Check the path C:\User\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Apple and Apple Computer file folders. You have to delete them again.
- Again check the path C:\User\Username\My Music file folder. Now the iTunes folder exists then delete it.
- You just have to restart your computer after the above steps. Then launch the iTunes setup file to reinstall it.
- Now launch iTunes and then connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable.
- Again see if iTunes could detect your iPhone normally or not. Then all is done.
If the above solutions don’t work then try this:
- You have to right-click on the My Computer option. Then click on the Properties → Device Manager.
- Now right-click on the AppleMobile DeviceUSB Drive → Update Driver Software.
- Then browse to the path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers in order to make sure that the software updates or not.
- In this step, restart the computer and then connect the iPhone to your computer via USB cable. After that, open iTunes to see if the iPhone is detected or not.
In this case, it should definitely solve your issue of iPhone not showing in iTunes.
Related articles: How to Add Frame to Picture Android
When iTunes update in every new update or iOS or iTunes there are many issues that need to be sorted out. If you want to resolve the issues then the primary requirement is that you should be able to use iTunes. In most of the cases, you construct if you aren’t able to connect your iPhone to iTunes. This is a very annoying situation that the iPhone is not showing in iTunes. It does not matter how perfectly you have can install an update.
Hope you like this article!