How to Fix iPhone Reminders not working in iOS?
Do you want to fix the issue, iPhone Reminders not working in iOS? Reminders app are very important and also play a basic role in task management. Considering this reality, that Apple has revamped the app in iOS 13. So it becomes challenging in managing the tasks if it stops functioning. Numerous causes could be there, why the Reminders app is not working on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 14 / 13. So let’s take a start and look at each of them and also fix the issue.
- Check Notification Settings of the Reminders App on iPhone
- Restart Your iPhone
- Disable and then Enable Reminders from iCloud
- Delete Reminders App Widget
- Update iOS
- Uninstall Reminders App and Reinstall It
- Reset iPhone Settings
- Restore your iPhone
Check Notification Settings of the Reminders App on iPhone
You may have disabled the notification settings for the Reminders app. As a result, you probably think that the Reminder app is not working. So lets us ensure that this is not the case.
- Go to the Settings app and click on Notification.
- Drop down and tap on Reminders. Now confirm that Allow Notification is enabled. Also, make sure that under ALERTS, everything is checked.
- Click on Sounds and check that any tone is set for the Reminders app. (The image below has the correct settings.)
Restart Your iPhone (iPhone Reminders not working)
Since we assure that notifications are enabled for the Reminders app. So, let us move on and restart the iPhone. Restart generally fixes small temporary snags that an iPhone or iPad gets during regular use.
You are also able to use the button to disable your iPhone and then enable it as you normally do. Or, you may head to Settings app → General → Shut Down. Then after 60 seconds switch on the iPhone.
3. Disable and then Enable Reminders from iCloud
However, the reminders are synced through iCloud to all your Apple devices. But sometimes it enhances the temporary issues and stops working correctly. In order to fix this, let us disable it and then back on from iCloud.
- Head to the Settings app → Click on your name card from the top → also click on iCloud.
- Disable the toggle for Reminders → Remove from My iPhone.
- After a half minute, enable the toggle back and then let iCloud sync everything again.
Delete the Reminders App Widget
Although another hack that has worked for just a few people is clearing the Reminders widget from the widgets screen.
- First of all from the main home screen swipe right till you reach the rightmost screen. Now drop down and from the bottom click on Edit.
- Whether you have the Reminders app widget here, click on the red minus button. Click Remove. Click on Done from the top.
- Here you have to restart your iPhone. Most likely, the issue with reminders will be solved on your iPhone.
However, numerous bugs are fixed with each iOS update. Similarly to confirm that the Reminders app on your iPhone works correctly.
- Head to the Settings app → General → Software Update.
- If you have a pending update, click on Download and Install.
Uninstall Reminders App and then Reinstall It
Similarly, if still your Reminders app issue is not fixed. So you have to try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. For this touch and hold on to the Reminders app icon. Click on Delete App → Delete.
However, now you should restart your iPhone. Similarly, after this open App Store → click on Search from the bottom right → then type ‘Reminders’ in the search box. Here you have t click on the install icon to install the app.
Reset iPhone Settings
If none of the options work for you, so then you have to reset all settings of the iPhone.
- For this open Settings app → tap on General → Reset.
- Now you have to reset All Settings → Simply then enter your iPhone passcode → Reset All Settings.
Important Note that doing the above step, will not remove any personal data, But it will remove all Wi-Fi passwords, VPN configurations, Privacy Settings, and further. To confirm that you have the important data backed up or written somewhere safe.
Restore your iPhone
Moreover, at last as a last resort, so here you may try to delete all content and settings from your iPhone and then restore it from a backup. So this is like the ultimate solution. You have to confirm that you have a backup before you restore your device.
That’s all folks!
Also, Read this Article: Different Ways To Sign Out Of Mail App From iOS Devices
iPhone Reminders not working-Conclusion
Numerous causes could be there, why the Reminders app is not working on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 13/14. So here we mention the right solutions to fix the problem of the Reminders app not working on your iPhone. I hope one or a combination of few methods worked for you. If not, you may try to contact Apple support.