How to Fix Motorola Moto G6 Problems: Tutorial Guide
Would you also want to fix the Motorola Moto G6 problems? In this tutorial, we are going to discuss the problems of the Moto G6 and also its solution. Motorola has been among the mobile firms that have been circulating from one holder to another quite too often. But after landing in the hands of Lenovo, the firm has been striving to provide not just great smartphones. But also it offers amazing software support. The company is back in the news offering more features at a lower price point, with the release of the Moto G6 and its variants, such as (Moto G6 Play and Moto G6 Plus).
Although it does not matter how best a mobile device is. It is just a piece of technology after all, and always susceptible to problems and as well as errors. Similarly, the Moto G6 series probably have just released. But it is not free from such issues regarding battery performance, connectivity, and display issues either. Fortunately, we have grab via the support forums to find its problems. So here is the way to fix all of them.
1: Battery drain issue
Whilst it is not ideal to begin having battery problems right out of the box. It would not be absolutely unheard of if you started having battery drain problems on your newer device. So you should first check and clarify the battery drainage, BTW. Supposing that the Moto G6 is managing Android 8.0 Oreo right away. However, you are not able to only expect a great performance chart but some glitches every now then. Similarly, some users have reported that their Moto G6 suffers from at least 15% – 20% battery drain overnight. While others have a complaint about the charging problems.
- Go to the Settings – Battery to find out which apps are taking the most power. If yes so then you have to uninstall those apps. Or update them to the latest version as the bug probably ironed out by now.
- Here turn off the features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC unless you are actively using them.
- The Battery saver mode comes built into Android 8.0 Oreo. So then move and activate it in Settings – Battery – Battery Saver.
- Since the device is newer, so you should confirm that all of the apps are up to date. Including the pre-installed Google apps. Perform this by going to Google Play Store – My apps & games – Update All.
- Removing all the cache of the entire device probably help you to get rid of corrupt app files. So now you have to go ahead and wipe the cache partition.
- If none of the above-mentioned methods work for you. Then the last one is to perform a factory reset on the Moto G6, as given below.
2: Display scrolling and input lag
On other Android OEM devices like the Essential Phone, the screen stuttering problem and also the display scrolling lag was heavily documented. Similarly, it seems some reports of the same problem have surfaced on the Moto G6 as well. With users being affected with input lag when using the touch display and unresponsiveness when scrolling.
Don’t forget to read this article: Message popping on Android: Can’t take screenshot due to security policy
- First of all, confirm that there is not any water or fluid on your fingers. Or on the screen of your mobile.
- Whether you have installed a thickened screen protector, so it could sometimes interfere with the screen’s ability to recognize input.
- Reboot your device by doing a reset.
- You are also able to retrieve this by rebooting the Moto G6 in Safe Mode and diagnosing the problem.
- At a time, the last solution as always is to backup your data and to do a factory reset on the device.
- Further, some users have also recommended getting the device replaced. Did not seem to have a problem with their replacement devices.
3: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity problems
Solutions the Wi-Fi Problems
- Firstly, you have to toggle off the Wi-Fi switch and toggle it on again.
- Unplug the router and replug it after 10 to 15 seconds.
- However, the battery saver mode is able to interfere with the wireless network connectivity. So here you have to confirm that it is disabled in the Settings
- Clearing the Wi-Fi network and adding it again is able to normally resolve the problem. So you have to go to the Settings – Wi-Fi. Click on hold on the Wi-Fi network you are facing problems with and then choose to Forget. Now add the network back again to view whether the issue is resolved.
- Similarly, the Smart Wi-Fi switcher on the Moto G6 may sometimes interfere with the connection. So you have to open the Settings – Wi-Fi – Advanced – Wi-Fi History and then disable Smart Wi-Fi switcher.
- Android OS comes with the capability to disable Wi-Fi connectivity during off-peak hours. But you are also able to turn off this by opening the Settings – Wi-Fi – Advanced – Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep and set it to Always.
Solutions to the Bluetooth issues
- Here toggle off the Bluetooth switch and toggle it on again.
- Unpairing a Bluetooth device and reestablishing the connection normally fixes problems with the Bluetooth as well. Perform this by heading to the Settings – Connections – Bluetooth. Press the Gear icon next to the Bluetooth device and choose to Forget. So you are able to then reconnect to the device to view if the issue has been resolved.
- Removing the Bluetooth app’s Cache and Data also helps in cleaning out the broken or corrupted files. That could be the reason for the connectivity problem. Similarly, for this, you have to go to the Settings – Apps and then click the three-dot menu button to choose “Show system apps”. Here drop down to find “Bluetooth Share”. Click on Storage and then you have to choose “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache” to reset the app.
Take a bug report and send it to Motorola
Since the Moto G6 is just getting out in the market. There is the capability of you having problems that the normal fixes cannot resolve. Similarly, in this type of case, you require Motorola to resolve the problem. But you have to send them a bug report first of all. Now you are able to allow Motorola to help you in diagnosing. And also fix the problem by turning on the Developer Options and then toggle on the following options:
- Turn on the USB debugging
- Enable Bug Report shortcut
- Turn on the Wi-Fi Verbose Logging
At a time you are having a specific problem. So for this, you have to press and hold the Power button. Select Bug Report and wait 3-4 minutes until the bug report is collected. You are able to then share the bug report with the Moto-Lenovo Support people. Get the issue officially identify and fix.
Read this article: How to Make Whats app International Calls
Queries related to the Moto G6
While sieving via the forums, so we came across certain questions that users want to ask. It just seems essential to address them. Whether you had similar queries regarding the Moto G6 and the variants Moto G6 Play and Moto G6 Plus. So here is what you want to know.
Does the Moto G6 come with the NFC chip?
Since Google Pay is becoming the industry standard for mobile payment. And the users that have been expecting the NFC chip to be added in the Moto G series. Similarly, based on current reports, simply it seems that the NFC chip is available on the Moto G6. But it is not so far to make sure whether the feature is available on all the variants across all the regions.
Where is the notification LED located on the Moto G6?
However, all the way back with the Moto G first generations. The company presents the notification LED, but the feature had since gone disappearing on the successors. Although the Notification LED is not present on the Moto G6 as well. So you will need to do without it.
Is Project Treble hold up by the Moto G6?
Although the Software support for the Moto G series is less than perfect ever since the start. But the things probably just convert now. Moto G6 offers Project Treble support, so you are not only able to expect quicker OTA updates. But also lots of custom ROMs to develop for the devices.
Troubleshooting Guide (Motorola Moto G6 Problems)
- First of all, you have to press and hold the Power and Volume Down button at once for just 10 to 15 seconds until the Moto G6 powers off. So this is ideal for the conditions when your device screen becomes unresponsive.
- Firstly press and hold the Power button. Choose Power off to shut down the device.
- At a time the device is off press and hold the Power key until you view the logo appears.
- Now leave the Power button but promptly press and hold the Volume Down button. Also, continue to hold it until the device starts up.
- Now the device will boot up in Safe Mode. You are able to exit Safe Mode by simply rebooting the Moto G6 simultaneously.
- First, disable the Moto G6, and press and hold the Volume Up and Power button at once.
- Here you have to release the Power button. When the logo appears, but continue to hold the Volume Up
- Now on the Android recovery screen, you should use the Volume Down button to navigate down to wipe data/factory reset. Press the Power button to choose it.
- Here use the Volume Down button to choose Yes — delete all user data. Next press the Power button to make sure.
- Await for the reset to complete and then you have to press the Power button. When immediately with the message to Reboot system now.
Clear the cache partition
- Disable the Moto G6, and press and hold the volume up and the Power button at once.
- Then you have to release the Power button. Similarly, when the logo appears. But continue to hold the Volume Up
- On the Android recovery screen, you should use the Volume Down button to navigate down to clear the cache partition. Press the Power button to choose it.
- Here you have to use the Volume Down button to choose the Yes — delete all user data. Simply then press the Power button to make sure
- Await for the reset to complete and then press the Power button. When prompted with the text to Reboot system now.
You must read this article: Moto G5S Plus Oreo Update Date and More – Review
Motorola Moto G6 Problems-Conclusion
However, it doesn’t matter how best a mobile device is. It is just a piece of technology after all, and always susceptible to problems and as well as errors. Similarly, the Moto G6 series probably have just released. But it is not free from such issues regarding battery performance, connectivity, and display issues either. Fortunately, we have grab via the support forums to find its problems. So in the above post, we have mentioned the way to fix all of them. We have mentioned the way to Fix Motorola Moto G6 Problems.