How To Fix Outlook Data File Cannot Be Accessed _Fixes
Today you will learn that how to Fix Outlook Data files that cannot be accessed. An Outlook will also provide some of the really great features. You have to make your emailing experience easier and faster. Although, most of the users can come across a variety of issues while using Outlook. There are one of these issues is Outlook which is not being able to access your personal data file.
Now, The exact error message should look something like the following:
0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed.
If this error occurs, then you can’t send or receive emails and also keep displaying the above error message on your screen. So, This error is usually the result of a corrupted Outlook profile. Now, there are multiple ways to fix this issue and also get Outlook to recognize the data files.
How To Create & Use a New Outlook Profile?
So, this is one of the easiest ways that will help you to fix the “Outlook data file cannot be found” error. You have to create a new profile and also use it and it is the primary profile in Outlook. Now, This will also get rid of any issues that are with the old profile’s configuration and then also let you start fresh.
You have to Find The Data File Location If Outlook Data File Not Accessed:
Now, You will also need to first find the location of your Outlook data file.
- First of all, you have to open the Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Then click on the View by a menu that is available at the top-right corner and also ensure the Large icons option that is selected.
- You have to find and then click on the Mail option. Then you have to view your email settings.
- Now, Click on the Show Profiles button and then view your Outlook profiles.
- You have to choose your current profile that is from the list and then click on the Properties.
- After that, Select the Data Files button and then see where your data file is saved.
- So, the following screen will also have a file entry that is with a checkmark icon next to it. You have to Note the location of this Outlook data file.
How To Create a New Outlook Profile and Outlook Data File?
Now, you can also create a new Outlook profile. You have to replace your old and corrupted one. After that, Keep your email logins handy as you will also need them to set up your email account.
- You have to open the Control Panel and then click on the Mail option.
- Now, Select the Show Profiles button and then view your profiles.
- After that, click on the Add option on the following screen to add a new profile.
- You have to Enter a name for your new profile in the Profile Name field and then click on the OK button and to save the profile.
- After that, The email setup wizard will also now appear. You have to select the Manual setup or additional server types option. Then click on the Next option and you have to start setting up your email account with Outlook.
- You can also select your email account type and then click on the Next at the bottom. In case, if you have POP3 or IMAP details for your email account. You have to select that option and you can then manually configure the account settings.
- Then you have to Fill-in the email account information that is available on the following screen. If you are done, then select the Existing Outlook Data File that is from the Deliver new messages to section and then clicks on the Browse button.
- You have to move to the Outlook data file’s path that you have noted earlier and then select that file.
- Now, Finish the email account, set up a wizard.
- You have to Go back to the Mailbox. You have to choose your newly created profile from the Always use this profile menu, and then click on OK. So, This will also make your new profile the default email profile for Outlook.
How To Change The Mail Delivery Location _ Outlook Data File?
So, this is another solution that you have to add a new data file. You have to set Outlook to use it to store your emails. Now, This will also create a fresh data file that is used for Outlook and will usually fix the “Outlook data file that cannot be opened” error.
- You have to open the Start Menu and then launch Outlook.
- Now, click on the File tab that is available at the top of your screen.
- Then Select the Info that is available from the options available in the left sidebar. Now, you have to click on the Account Settings that are available on the right-hand side pane and then select Account Settings again.
- Also, By default, you will be in the Email tab. You can also switch to the Data Files tab and then click on the Add button to add a new data file.
- Then Outlook will also ask where you would like to save the file. You have to choose a location, and then enter a name for the file, and then click on OK to save the file.
- After that, Outlook will still use your old data file then to save your messages. You have to change that just by setting your new data file. So, by the default data file. You have to select your newly created file that is available in the list and then click on the Set as Default at the top.
How To Gain Ownership Of Your Outlook Data File?
These Issues are just because incorrect file permissions are common on Windows machines. In most cases, If your Outlook issue could be due to an incorrect data file ownership permission setting. Now, You can also fix this permissions issue just by changing the ownership permission back to your user account.
- You have to Launch the File Explorer and then move over to your Outlook data file’s directory. Now, Use the first section in this guide to find where Outlook saves the data files.
- Then Right-click on your Outlook data file and then select Properties.
- You have to click on the Security tab and then choose the Advanced option.
- Then tap on the Change next to where it says Owner to change the owner of your selected file.
- After that, Put your cursor in the Enter the object name to select box. You have to type your computer username. Then click on the Check Names. After that, click on OK.
- You have to ensure that the Access column says the Full control that is next to your username. Now, click on OK.
How To Repair Outlook Using The Repair Tool?
In case, if your Outlook will still display the error that it can’t access the data file. Then your last resort is to use the Microsoft repair tool. So, This tool will also come as preloaded with your Office installation and you can also use it to fix issues with all your Office apps including Outlook.
- You have to open the Settings app.
- Then Select Apps on the following screen.
- Now, you have to Scroll down the apps list that is until you can find Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Office.
- After that, Click on the Office entry and then select Modify.
- You have to Choose Yes if Windows asks you for some permissions.
- After that, The repair tool will also ask how you want to repair Outlook and also the other Office apps. You have to Choose Quick Repair and then see if it fixes the problem. In case, if it doesn’t, then select the Online Repair option that is for a thorough repair of your apps.
The Data files are also the crucial part of Outlook you have to send and receive emails. An Outlook may also display various errors. In case, if these files are corrupted or unavailable. Then the above methods will also fix the data file access error.
So, this is all about the outlook data file not accessing. If You are facing this issue must try the above guide. You have to make your emailing experience easier and faster. Although, most of the users can come across a variety of issues while using Outlook. There are one of these issues is Outlook which is not being able to access your personal data file.
Hope you like it! Kindly share your reviews in the comments section below. Have a nice day!