How to fix the Call Failed Error on iPhone? Tutorial Guide
It’s bothering you whenever you dial a number on your iPhone, and your call is not connecting. Similarly, if you are also facing this problem and surprising, “why do my calls keep failing?” so you have come to the right place. This malfunction seems to unaccountably occur on almost any Apple smartphone, adding the recent ones. But here we are bringing some tested solutions for you. So here is the way to fix the call failed error on iPhone.
Why Does iPhone Keep Saying Call Failed?
However, it is quite tough to pinpoint one specific cause for Call failure. But it is normally because of the worst signal quality or some irksome software bugs. Once it is due to because your SIM card is not set perfectly or it is damaged. To find the reason behind this issue, let’s troubleshoot and then start to fix the issue.
Way to Fix Call Failed Error on iPhone
Enormous things are there that you are able to try to resolve the call failed problem on your phone. Mostly are super quick and some are too simple. So you can hopefully fix the error in a fash. Hence you have to try each of the solutions given below and then you will see what the trick will do for you.
- Dial *#31#
- Disable and enable the Airplane Mode
- Restart Your iPhone
- Remove & Reinsert SIM Card
- On iPhone Reset Network Settings
- Reset All Settings
- Update Your iPhone’s Software
- Check out the Blocked Contacts List
- view if Call Forwarding is Enabled
- Contact Your Carrier
1. Dial *#31#
This is one of the hidden codes of the iPhone which is used to turned-off your outgoing anonymity status. Perhaps you accidentally have set your iPhone number to be hidden in all outgoing calls. Similarly, this causes calls failure every time you are able to make or receive a call. Almost confirm shot and simplest method to fix the issue of call failed on your iPhone is to dial *#31#.
2. Disable and Enable the Airplane Mode (Call Failed)
- For this, you have to first open the Settings app.
- Then click on the icon for Airplane Mode to turn it on.
- Similarly, after 30 seconds, you have to click on the toggle to turn it off. Now, you have to try to make a phone call. It should work.
3. Restart iPhone
After following the above-mentioned fix. However, if you face any problem in making phone calls, then you should try to restart your iPhone. Similarly, the easiest method is to use the buttons as you normally do.
- Firstly open the Settings app and tap on General.
- Then Select the Shut Down. After 60 seconds, you have to enable your iPhone and try making a call. Thus this issue will most likely be fixed.
4. Reinsert iPhone’s SIM Card
Although the recent discoveries of iPhones contain the SIM card slot on the right side. Then you have to use this pin to remove the SIM card carefully. Then slowly and with caution, rub it on a soft dry cloth and insert it back to the SIM card slot.
5. On iPhone Reset Network Settings
Whether you are thinking that the network is the offender behind call failure on the iPhone. So that’s why you have to move to go for the Reset Network Settings. Network-related errors such as the inability to make phone calls, message failures, cellular data problems are fixed after a reset. So you have to know that this won’t remove any personal data. But your Wi-Fi connection, Bluetooth devices, VPN configurations will be removed.
- If you want to perform a Network reset, first open the Settings app → , General → Reset.
- Then Reset Network Settings → Here enter your iPhone passcode and then confirm.
6. Reset All the Settings
Further, if the above options did not work, then you have to abide by the same steps as above. Then select the Reset All Settings. So the results of this are more significant.
Simply it will remove or come back to default, all settings that you have changed. Furthermore, this includes keyboard settings, Home Screen layout, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, Location Settings, and more. But, it won’t remove any personal data like photos, videos, apps, music, etc.
7. Update Your iPhone’s Software
- First of all, open the Settings app and click on General.
- Then click on Software Update. Whether you view a pending update available, then click on the Download and Install.
At the time the procedure is complete so now there is a strong possibility that the call fails the problem is successfully addressed.
8. Check out the Blocked Contacts List
Probably sometimes you had purposely or accidentally blocked a contact. Similarly, you should make sure that the number you are trying to call is not blocking. So for this purpose first you have to open the Settings app and click on Phone. Then drop down and then press on Blocked Contacts.
Therefore if the person/number is added here, then swipe right to left on it and then press on Unblock.
9. View if Call Forwarding is Enabled
This also causes interference, and thus if none of the above works for you then make sure that you have to disable it. Simply for this, you should open the Settings app and then click on Phone. Then click on Call Forwarding. Wait for it to load. And if it is turn on, so press on the toggle to turn it off.
10. Contact Your Carrier
At last, if none of the steps helps you then there is the last option for you to contact your mobile carrier. Thus you are able to reach them through email, Twitter, or use their mobile app. So make sure that there is no pending bill or unpaid charges that have resulted in the suspension of the service.
It’s now completed!
Also Read this Article: No Sound on iPhone: How to Fix this issue?
Well, these are some of the methods to fix the call failing error on the iPhone successfully. So I hope that one of the solutions helped you out with this issue. Finally, also give a shot to updating your carrier settings.