How to Fix WiFi Calling Android 9 in Samsung Devices
Wi-Fi calling is actually an awesome feature that is available on almost all of the Android devices that support 4G. This feature turns on users to make and receive Wi-Fi phone calls. Whenever it is connected to Wi-Fi and are not receiving any mobile network signals on your device. We are going to discuss How to Fix WiFi Calling Android 9 in Samsung Devices.
However, the feature is incredibly useful, some of the users who’ve installed the latest Android 9 Pie. They build on their Samsung devices are being bothered via the Wi-Fi calling pop-up notification. This notification actually pops up a number of times throughout the day actually.
The issue was brought to our attention through a user’s post on Reddit. It seems the issue arises each and every time there is no mobile network signal on the device actually. Currently, we are not sure if the issue is particular to any particular model. But, there is no reason to fret if you guys are facing the same issue. Because there is a way to fix the issue within just a few minutes.
What is Wi-Fi Calling?
What exactly is Wi-Fi Calling? You may ask. For starters, know that however, the term might be new to you, what it embodies is not anything new at all. A really good example is what you probably already have on your phone right now – WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger actually.
If you guys have any of these two apps installed, then you have probably used Wi-Fi Calling without your knowledge as well. WhatsApp, for instance, also lets users make voice calls via a connected Wi-Fi hotspot. And in the process, you forgot your mobile data actually. In essence, this is exactly what carrier-based Wi-Fi Calling does as well. It also lets you make voice calls over Wi-Fi instead of the standard way of depending on its phone plan.
Along with Wi-Fi Calling, smartphone users can also make seamless calls on Wi-Fi whenever the network signal is weak actually. Some folks have had issues using their phones when at home because of poor network coverage. If your phone supports Wi-Fi Calling, then you can still make HD-quality calls without even having to turn to WhatsApp or Messenger for the same actually.
The best part of Wi-Fi Calling is that it permits for seamless switching between Wi-Fi and your mobile phone network provider, which means you’ll never notice even when in the middle of a call. However, if you guys move away from within the Wi-Fi router’s range actually. The feature will then hand over the call to your carrier network, even if the latter has a poor signal actually. This means that the call might pause or drop in the process, however, this may depend on your carrier, device, or network actually.
How to Fix WiFi Calling Android 9 in Samsung Devices
- Head to Settings and then click on Notifications.
- From the Recently sent category, you have to tap on See all.
- Now click on the 3-dots icon and choose Show system apps.
- Click Wi-Fi calling from the list as well
- From the Categories list, you have to click on Wi-Fi calling and then click on Notification style.
- Now you guys will see a few notification style options, just simply choose Silent and minimized from the list of options as well.
When you’ve selected the Silent and minimized option you would not then receive the pop-up notifications again on your device actually. It’s actually worth keeping in mind that these steps will help you to get rid of the issue. But, not the underlying cause.
There are also chances that you guys may have to wait for Samsung in order to seed an OTA update to address the issue in the meanwhile as well.
How to Turn on or off Wi-Fi calling on Samsung devices
In case if you haven’t yet checked out the Wi-Fi calling feature or simply want to turn it off on your Samsung device. Then here’s how you can do so:
- Go to settings.
- Then click on Connections and then tap on Wi-Fi calling.
- From there you can easily toggle on or off Wi-Fi calling as well.
How to Turn on Wi-Fi Calling on the Galaxy S9
Because the Galaxy S9 is the epitome of what modern smartphones can do. It naturally comes equipped along with the Wi-Fi calling feature. But, the feature is not turned on by default, so you guys need to do just a little digging to get this useful nugget enabled on your device as well.
- Well, from the home screen of your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, just open the Phone app.
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon on the top-right corner of the screen and then open the Settings option as well.
- Now scroll down to find the Wi-Fi Calling option on the screen and then turn it on.
Another method to turn on Wi-Fi calling on your Galaxy S9:
If you guys can’t find the Wi-Fi Calling feature under this menu. Then you have to try to look it up in the main Settings of the device.
- First, from the home screen of your Galaxy S9, go to the Settings app.
- Now navigate to Connections – Advanced calling and scroll down in order to find Wi-Fi Calling.
- Tap on the toggle switch right next to it to turn on the Wi-Fi Calling feature as well.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “wifi calling android 9” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.