How to Hard Reset S8 Plus – Samsung Galaxy
Well, at some point, you guys will have to reset your Samsung Galaxy S8 + smartphone. If it’s frozen and has stopped responding, whatever the reason, you’ll want to reset it. If you have serious problems with your device that normal troubleshooting cannot fix, then you may want to reset it to its factory default settings actually. We are going to discuss How to Hard Reset S8 Plus – Samsung Galaxy. Let’s start!
When the device is frozen or does not respond to commands, then you simply have to press and hold the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons on the device for almost 10 to 20 seconds. The screen should turn off then. You will then be able to turn the device back on and resume normal operation as well.
NOTE: Unlike soft resetting, a hard reset will delete all of your user data on the phone’s internal memory and will return all settings to factory values as well. Data saved on the SIM and SD cards will not be affected by the hard reset as well. However, the SD card can be optionally formatted along with the phone being reset.
Hard Reset through Settings:
- Open “Settings”
- Scroll to and click “Cloud and accounts”
- Press “Backup and restore”
- You can also turn on or off “Back up my data” and “Restore”
- Tap on “Back” in order to return to “Settings”
- Head to “General Management” and tap “Reset”
- Click “Factory data reset” > “Reset device”
- If you need, then enter your PIN/password to proceed
- Click “Continue” > “Delete all” to confirm
Hard Reset through Android Recovery:
NOTE: If your phone crashes, freezes, or otherwise avoid you from hard resetting through Settings as described above. Just like that, you can try to reset the device through Android Recovery, which can be accessed through performing a button combination as well.
- First, you have to make sure to turn off the phone.
- Then, you should tap and hold “Home” and “Volume Up”, and then tap and hold “Power” too
- Now at the “Android” logo, release all buttons and then wait for the Android System Recovery menu to appear
- Go to the Recovery menu through tapping the volume buttons, and highlight “Wipe data/factory reset”
- Tap on “Power” to choose the highlighted option
- Click “Volume down” repeatedly to highlight “yes – delete all user data”
- Tap on “Power” to confirm
- After you complete the process, then highlight “Reboot system now”
- Tap on “Power” again in order to confirm and reboot your phone
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “hard reset s8 plus” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.
Also See: How to Hard and Soft Reset Samsung S6