How to Insert the Cent Symbol In Microsoft Word with Keyboard Shortcut
Would you like to Insert The Cent Symbol In Microsoft Word simply with Keyboard Shortcut? If yes so then read out this guide completely. Occasionally when you have to add a special character to your MS Word document, such as the cent symbol. You are also able to go via a long list of symbols from the menu, or just use this simple keyboard shortcut.
However, this is a complete guide with methods in which you are also able to use to insert or type the Cent Symbol or Cent Sign (¢) anywhere such as the Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint. If you are using the Windows or Mac keyboard. You will learn all the simple ways simply adding the Cent Alt code shortcut.
Let’s take a look.
Inserting the Cent symbol (¢)
Guys! In order to insert the Cent Symbol anywhere on your PC or Laptop keyboard (such as in Microsoft Word or Excel). You have to first of all press Option + 4 shortcuts for Mac. And whether you are using Windows, simply press down the Alt key. And also here you have to type 0162 by using the numeric keypad on the right side of your keyboard.
Although in order to type the Cent sign for Microsoft Word users, you must have to simply press Ctrl + /, C. For using this shortcut, simply press, and also then you have to release the Ctrl and the Forward slash (/) sign concurrently. Then hit the [C] key at a time. On the other hand, you just type 00A2 and then press Alt + X to receive the Cent sign.
Similarly, there is a table mentioned below however, it contains each and everything you need to know to be able to type this symbol on both Windows and Mac.
|Name of Symbol||Cent sign|
|Symbol Alt Code||0162|
|Shortcut for Windows||Alt + 0162|
|Shortcut for Mac||Option + 4|
|Shortcut in Word-1||00A2, Alt+X|
|Shortcut in Word-2||Ctrl + /, C|
If you are using Windows or Mac, so then the above info is sufficient for you. For writing the Cent sign into your Word/Excel document.
Although whether you are not satisfied/pleased with this quick support. You have to keep reading below as I am going to explain in detail, the way to receive the Cent symbol or further symbol anywhere on your Mac or Windows PC such as in MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
Similarly, as you probably already know, that several dual-purpose keys are also there on the keyboard for both Windows and Mac. Though that is to say that there are symbols readily present as second keys on the keyboard. Only by pressing two or more keys concurrently, you are able to easily insert such symbols into your work. Like, pressing Shift + 6 keys provide you the Caret (^) sign.
Although other symbols are not printed on the keyboard as second keys. Simply this makes it much handy in order to type. One of these symbols is the Cent symbol (¢).
So typing becomes very tough for you whether you have to add some of these symbols regularly into your work.
But it does not have to be handy. Especially now that you are reading this step-by-step guide.
How to Insert a Cent symbol in Word/Excel
However, now in the following sections, here I will display you all the simplest routes for typing or inserting this symbol (¢) anywhere on your Windows or Mac PC (like Microsoft Word or Excel or PowerPoint).
So in just a few minutes, you will be able to view several methods. You are able to also use it to obtain this (¢) and any other symbol as and when the requirement arises.
Simply as a quick guide, you must press Ctrl + /, C on your keyboard for typing the Cent or Cent symbol in Microsoft Word. So then this shortcut works in MS Word only. For Windows users outside MS Word, you must have to simply press down the Alt key and type 0162 alt code on your numeric keypad. You are able to also press Option + 4 on Mac.
Though simply, without any further trouble, below are the methods mentioned in detail.
Cent Symbol Shortcuts (Windows and Mac)
However, the Cent Symbol Shortcut for Mac is Option + 4. Similarly, Windows has numerous shortcuts, however, some of them work only in Microsoft Word.
Though, a Windows shortcut for the Cent Sign is also there that works across all apps. It is the alt code shortcut which is Alt+0162 (will be discussed in the next section).
Simply the Cent Symbol shortcut for Ms. Word is Ctrl + /, C or 00A2, Alt X.
You may that these shortcuts work in Microsoft Word Only.
For using the Cent symbol shortcut on Windows (for Word), just in a simple way abide by the following instructions:
- Firstly place the insertion pointer in the right place.
- Then you must press Ctrl + / impulsively and press the C key. So then this shortcut will insert the Cent Symbol for you. For pressing this shortcut, you have to now press and also reveal both the [Ctrl] and the forward-slash [/] keys, then hit once on [C].
- On the other hand, you have to now type 00A2 on your keyboard, then press Alt + X. This will convert the numbers into the Cent symbol at where you place the insertion pointer.
Below is a breakdown on the way to use the Cent symbol shortcut for Mac:
- Place the insertion pointer where you have to insert the symbol.
- Using the Mac keyboard, Press Option + 4 simultaneously.
Although this shortcut should insert the symbol for you on your Mac PC.
Now in the next section, here I will display you the way to use the Cent Symbol Alt Code to type the symbol on your keyboard.
Cent Symbol Alt Code (Windows)
The Cent (¢) Symbol Alt Code is 0162. However, each and every symbol in Word also has a unique code. Similarly, which you are able to use it for inserting the symbol into your document. This code is known as the “Alt code”.
There are steps to type this symbol on your keyboard (using the Alt code provided above:
- First of all, you have to press the num lock key to turn on the numeric keypad. Must use Fn key + NumLk keys to enable the Num Lock on laptops without the numeric keypad.
- Now in a simple way, you must press and hold the Alt key and type 0162 using the numeric keypad.
- Although after typing the Alt code (i.e. 0162), reveal the [Alt] key you pressed down.
Similarly, as soon as you reveal the Alt Key, so then the Cent (¢) symbol should appear in your document.
Copy and paste Cent symbol
Similarly, in order to copy and also paste the Cent symbol you must have to use the button below to copy and paste the Cent symbol for your work.
It is the best method for inserting symbols that I can’t easily type is copied and paste.
Similarly, with this procedure, all you have to do is to first google the symbol. However, which you have to type, then copy it from one of the search consequences provided. At times wehn you get the symbol into your document, so then you can always recopy and paste it as and when the need arises.
Now simply use the button above for receiving this symbol on your clipboard.
There is another way to copy this and any other symbol on Windows. It involved using the Windows Character Map.
Now you must have to abide by the steps mentioned below in order to copy and paste any symbol using the character map.
- Simply first of all you have to search for the Character map application simply by tapping on the Start button.
- The Character map application will now display in the search consequences. Click on it to organize.
- Although after the Character Map window will be opens up, so then you must tap in order to check the Advance View checkbox to expand the window for further advanced options.
- Similarly, on the Advanced View section, you must have to type Cent in the search box.
- Then the symbol you searched for (i.e. the Cent symbol) will now available on the Character map. Now in a simply manner you should have to double click on it to choose it. You’ll view that the symbol appears in the Characters to copy text box. This permits you to choose and copy several symbols at the same time.
- Similarly, after choosing the symbol, and which you like to copy, click on the Copy button.
- Simply here switch over to wherever you have the symbol, if in MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint and press Ctrl + V to paste.
This is the way in which you are able to now copy and paste the Cent sign by using the Character Map on Windows.
Using Insert Symbol Dialog
However, this approach is not as simple as the shortcut procedures. But it’s fairly simple.
At times when you get the symbol into your document. So then you are able to always copy and paste it again as and when you need it in your work.
Below are the steps to insert the Cent Sign in Word using the insert symbol dialog.
- Head to the Insert tab.
- Now on the Insert tab, you must have to tap the Symbol button and also select the More Symbols…
Similarly, now these such taps will bring up the Symbol dialog box.
- At this point you must adjust the Symbol you like to insert.
In order to easily search the Cent symbol on the Symbols window. Similarly, view the top right area of the dialog and choose Latin-1 Supplement in the Subset: scroll-down list. Although the Cent symbol you like to insert is in this category and also should appear.
- Here you should tap the symbol, and then click on the Insert button.
On the other hand double-clicking on the symbol will also insert the symbol into your document.
- Tap the Close button.
Therefore this is way in which you probably insert a Cent symbol in Ms Word using the insert symbol dialog.
Word’s AutoCorrect for the Cent Sign
You are also able to type the Cent Symbol simply by using the AutoCorrect feature in Ms Word. However, it is a feature in MS Word which is simply ctreated for correcting spelling mistakes such as thsi to this. Though by using this AutoCorrect Feature, you are able to assign a short code to the Cent symbol (like CNT).
So in this way, whenever you type the text CNT, then the Ms Word will think that you actually liked to type ¢ and will also change it into the Cent symbol for you instinctively.
See image below:
What makes this method interesting is that you can assign your own custom shortcut or short code to the symbol and Word will automatically insert the symbol whenever you type the code.
Without further ado, below are the steps you are also able to use to type Cent symbol in Word using AutoCorrect.
- Head to the Insert tab.
- Similarly, now on the Insert tab, here head to the Symbol and then click More Symbols… Now the Symbol windows will appear.
- Here you have to adjust the Cent symbol, then tap to choose it.
- Tap on the AutoCorrect… button to display the AutoCorrect window.
- Similarly, in the AutoCorrect dialog box, here enter the following:
- Now you should tap Add, and then then hit the OK button.
- Although below are some few things for noting when you are using the AutoCorrect Method to insert the Cent sign.
- AutoCorrect is case sensitive. Meaning if you type cnt (in lowercase), Word will not convert it into the Cent sign unless you type CNT (in uppercase).
- Whether any text before is also there or after the AutoCorrect text, Ms Word will consider the AutoCorrect text as part of the text. Consequently will not change it to the Cent symbol. For instance, XCNT will not get converted, but X CNT will get changed to X ¢.
Related Article: Password Protect and Encrypt Microsoft Office 2010 Documents
I have throrughly explained this guide. I hope that you will like this guide. In case of queries so then you can ask us in the comments section below.