How to Install OnePlus 3T Oreo Update and More
Well, Oneplus has now released the stable version of its Oreo update for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users as well. And we also have it available for download as well for you — yes. You guys can simply download the OTA given below, and also follow our guide below in order to install it manually. Without even waiting for the OnePlus in order to push it to your device. We are going to discuss How to Install OnePlus 3T Oreo Update and More.
In case it needed telling, the Android 8.0 update for the 3 and 3T is available as a beta for a long time now. With HTC releasing the U11 Oreo update, we actually thought it was about time OnePlus ditched the beta version in favor of a stable version, and they just did that actually.
So, to Oreo now. Just simply download the Android 8.0 update for your OnePlus 3 or 3T from below. And then install it all through yourself from the installation guide given below.
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is actually the latest released sweet from Google. It is basically the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes along with features. Such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (just like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life along with more advanced Doze mode, and much more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Download OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Oreo update
- OnePlus 3 Oreo update: Software version OxygenOS 5.0
- OnePlus 3T Oreo update: Software version OxygenOS 5.0
If you want to install the OnePlus 3/3T Oreo update, then you have to download the full OTA update package from the download links above. And then install it manually through ADB sideload in recovery. Let’s start now.
How to Install OnePlus 3T Oreo Update and More
There are basically two methods in order to install Oreo update manually on your OnePlus 3/3T. Both of these methods involve the use of stock recovery But, the former is much convenient if you guys are on mobile and do not have access to a PC actually.
Install directly from phone’s internal storage
- You first have to download and transfer the Oreo update .zip file to your OnePlus 3/3T’s internal storage (do not put it inside any folder).
- Now just boot your device into recovery mode.
- First, just switch off the phone.
- Then tap and hold the Power + Volume down buttons together until you guys see the recovery screen.
- Choose the “Install from Local” option.
- Choose the Oreo update .zip file you transferred in Step 1 above, and then just install it.
- When the installation is finished, your phone will then automatically reboot into the system. If not, then you need to choose reboot from recovery mode.
Install from PC through ADB Sideload
- First, you guys need to setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Then download the Oreo update .zip file on your PC and rename it to oreo-stable.zip.
- Turn on USB debugging:
- Head to your phone’s Settings » About phone » and click “Build number” Seven times. This will turn on Developer options on your phone.
- Now head to Settings » Developer options » and tick the USB debugging check box.
- Then connect your OnePlus 3 or 3T to the computer.
- Now just open the folder where you downloaded the Oreo update .zip file and then open a command window that is inside the folder. If you want to do that, then do a “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder. And then just choose “Open command window here” from the context menu as well.
- Now issue the following command in the command window in order to reboot your device into recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
└ You have to check your phone’s screen, if it asks for “Allow USB debugging”, then accept it via selecting OK/Yes.
- When in recovery mode, choose the “Install from USB” option and then click on OK. You guys will see “You are in sideload mode” displayed on the screen actually.
- Now you have to issue the following command to finally begin installing the Oreo update on your OnePlus 3/3T:
adb sideload oreo-stable.zip
└ This will basically begin the Oreo update installation.
- When the Oreo update is installed, your phone will then automatically reboot into the system. If not, then just choose reboot from the main menu of recovery.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.