How to Install the Verizon Droid Turbo Android 5.1.1 OTA update
Verizon leaped/skipped the Android 5.0 update for Motorola Droid Turbo. But has been quickest sufficient to release the Android 5.1 update directly. However, starting today, Droid Turbo users have also take a start by receiving the Android 5.1 OTA update notifications. Also for those of you who are out of luck, and we receive the full OTA present for download below. However, that you install over the KitKat to update to Android 5.1.
You have to confirm that to have stock recovery installed on your device. Or better, head back to stock fully, to KitKat firmware, so that OTA simply works for you. Whether you are rooted, or have a TWRP/CWM recovery installed. Similarly, then this will break OTA – you won’t install Verizon Droid Turbo Android 5.1 update until you are back on the stock system with stock recovery. Here you have to first of all view step 1 of the guide below for help with this. Whether you never rooted your phone, not installed a custom recovery such as TWRP and CWM, don’t be worry about anything else. Only go ahead and follow the guide below to get Droid Turbo Android 5.1 update.
Way to Install Verizon DROID Turbo Android 5.1 OTA update (XT1254)
Note: The below steps do not require root access and will not touch your personal data in any way as well. They do, however, require that your Droid Turbo is unrooted and running the stock firmware from Motorola that has not been modified in any way.
- OTA Update: Direct Link | File: Blur_Version.21.44.12.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US.zip (770.96 MB)
- VERIZON MOTOROLA DROID TURBO, model no. XT1254
- Don’t try this one Motorola Moto Maxx sets (model no. XT1220 or XT1255)!
- Don’t try on any other Android device with various model no.
Instruction: You have to detect the model no. in Settings > About phone. Or, you could also find the model no. on the packaging box of the device.
Warning: Warranty probably is void of your device whether you abide by the processes provided on this page. So then you are only responsible for your device. We won’t be responsible. Whether any injury happens to your device and/or its components.
Backup your Android. Whether your device is wiped off whilst following the guide below. It is good to have a backup of contacts, photos, videos, and other files already saved on the computer.
- Confirm that you have stock recovery and stock system for this. In addition, it won’t work. You have to help with this, download the KitKat stock system and recovery from here.
- Download the official Verizon Droid Turbo Android 5.1 OTA update from above.
- Here you have to connect your Droid Turbo to the computer by using a USB cable.
- Now you have to transfer the OTA update to the phone’s storage. Do not forget the location of it.
- Disconnect the phone now.
- Restart your Droid Turbo to recovery mode. Perform this:
- First of all, you have to power off your Droid Turbo.
- Press and hold Volume down + Power together till you view anything on the screen. Now, this is a bootloader mode.
- Use just the Volume down button, to move the selection to Recovery — don’t use volume up so far. When the selection has moved to Recovery, use Volume up to choose it and restart into recovery mode.
- Wait, you’re not there yet. You’ll see a dead Android with an exclamation mark. Press and hold the power button, and then press the Volume up button once to get to stock recovery, called 3e recovery. That’s all, now you are in recovery mode.
Android 5.1 OTA update
- In stock recovery, select ‘install the update from sdcard’.
- Now, you have to choose the Android 5.1 OTA update file (Blur_Version.21.44.12.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US.zip). Use volume buttons for navigation, and a power button to choose a file or enter a folder. At a time you choose the OTA file. Here you should make sure its installation and the update will start installing on your device.
- When completed, you will be back to the basic screen of recovery. Choose the ‘reboot system now’ to restart your device and welcome the official Android 5.1 update from Motorola.
That’s all. Similarly, you have successfully installed the Verizon Droid Turbo Android 5.1 OTA update!
Related Article: How to Manually Install OTA Updates Using Recovery and ADB Sideload
Droid Turbo users have also take a start by receiving the Android 5.1 OTA update notifications. Also for those of you who are out of luck, and we receive the full OTA present for download below. However, that you install over the KitKat to update to Android 5.1.
Only follow the guide mentioned above to get Droid Turbo Android 5.1 update.