How to Make Whatsapp International Calls
The WhatsApp app is actually an incredibly-famous app that is known for letting users make free unlimited domestic and international voice calls actually. Yet, in spite of this claim, it is not uncommon to hear folks’ complaints. About being charged for a WhatsApp free international call and also getting one heck of a bill shock at the end of the month. We are going to discuss How to Make Whatsapp International Calls. Let’s start!
So what seems to be behind these mysterious charges actually? Well, there are a few possible explanations for a carrier that is charging you for a WhatsApp international call and some of the things. That you guys may have to check next time you guys make a call.
Here are some of the more-likely culprits and some of the tips to make sure you don’t get charged for a free call again.
How to Make Whatsapp International Calls
Along with over 2.0 billion monthly users around the globe.WhatsApp, the most used messenger app, connects us to anyone as well as everyone who basically uses the app from anywhere in this world. One needs to have an active internet connection (Wi-Fi/mobile data) in order to use WhatsApp actually.
How can you make a WhatsApp voice call?
Make sure you guys connects to the internet through wi-fi or mobile data. Just open WhatsApp > Tap on the contact thread or open it from the Search menu > press the Call button. Yes, it’s just that simple in order to make a voice or video call to your friend who is more than 1000 miles away from you.
How can you make a WhatsApp video call?
Well, making a video call via WhatsApp is just the same as making a voice call. Launch WhatsApp > choose the contact and then open it > Tap the Video button on the top actually.
You also need to have a good internet connection in order to make a video call. Although, if you guys does not impress with the quality of WhatsApp’s video calls, then you may take a look at Google Duo as well.
How can you make a WhatsApp Group call?
Well, you are allowed to make video and voice call through WhatsApp, there is also one more essential feature which WhatsApp supports is Group/conference call. You have to create a group or open the group you are already in. Tap on the Phone+ icon on the top right of the group > Adds the contacts one by one. Then you can press the voice call or video call button. Group calls can actually have a maximum of four folks so that you can add as many as three people into the call.
Can you guys make a WhatsApp call to anyone in the world?
Well, here comes the hard truth. WhatsApp permits you to call anyone in the globe. However, not to those living in China, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Syria, and the UAE because of privacy, security, and local reasons of the respective country actually.
Some of the common reasons you can see follow; China and UAE have their own personal reason. Such as the promotion of their own telecommunication service providers and strong firewall encryption features that restricts VoIP feature as well. Cuba, Iran, and Syria have their own security and privacy concerns whenever it comes to how WhatsApp uses data.
- WhatsApp to WhatsApp. Well, WhatsApp basically lets you call international contacts, however, only from your WhatsApp account to their WhatsApp account as well.
- WhatsApp voice calls are not phone calls. WhatsApp can’t really call landline numbers so that if you think that you are calling one with WhatsApp you may actually be making a regular phone call through your device’s default phone app via mistake. Skype, however, can call regular phone numbers as well.
- Check your WhatsApp contacts. You can’t voice call a mobile number that is not in your WhatsApp contacts actually. If you guys think you are, that you’re liking just doing a traditional phone call and being charged for it as you guys would normally.
Does WhatsApp Charge for International Calls?
Whenever doing a voice call to contact through the WhatsApp app. Then you do not get charged for the phone call as it is not really a phone call actually. You do, but, get charged for any data used as the call is done purely over the internet.
Well, if you guys have an unlimited data plan along with your mobile provider, then you should be fine. However, if your plan has data limits, then it is in fact possible to go over this when using WhatsApp. Especially if you guys are sending media files or doing video calls as well.
There have also been some of the cases of folks. That claims to have been charged for international phone calls after using WhatsApp with AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint as well. However, this technique should not happen, there are many explanations for this too.
- You use the wrong app. The app icon for the WhatsApp app and also the default phone apps on iPhone and Android smartphones do look just the same. So, it is possible that we can use these via mistake in order to make the calls.
- Address book confusion. The iOS Contacts app basically places the Call WhatsApp link directly above a contact’s phone number as well. Clicking on the number will then begin a regular phone call whenever pressing on Call WhatsApp should tap to call through WhatsApp.
- Mobile carrier charges. Some of the users have claimed that their carriers will then switch a WhatsApp call over to a regular call if the Wi-Fi or cellular signal is weak actually. In order to avoid this, if this is indeed happening. Then turn on Airplane mode when via WhatsApp to make sure that you connect only to a Wi-Fi signal actually.
- WhatsApp confusion. The users who are new to smartphones may also think that downloading WhatsApp makes all phone calls free as well. Well, it does not. You must make WhatsApp calls and messages from within the WhatsApp app only.
WhatsApp can be a really useful app in order to stay in touch with friends, family, and colleagues as well. And all of the communication within it, give or take the minor data charge, should be free as well. If you guys find yourself being charged large fees via your carrier in order to make WhatsApp calls, then one of the above issues is likely the cause as well.
Can you Guys make WhatsApp calls despite the ban?
These restrictions do not mean a full ban on WhatsApp, because only calls don’t allow that. These countries basically ban a variety of VoIP apps and permit fewer apps in order to promote the growth of local companies. The Government of these countries may also permit WhatsApp calls in the future however, nothing is set in stone.
But, with the use of a VPN, you can also work your way around it. The user residing in the country where it is basically banned has to connect to an IP address of the country where WhatsApp not banned as well. Here’s how: Download a VPN app from Play Store. Then open it, and then choose any of the countries where WhatsApp calling does not ban actually. Click the Home button on your phone to leave the VPN app that is run in the background, and then open WhatsApp as well. YOu can make a call right now, it should work.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.