How to Perform LG V10 Bootloader Unlock
Well, only recently LG began to let its flagship device users unlock the bootloader on their devices actually. But, until today, only the LG G4 and G5 were also supported to be officially bootloader unlockable. However, thanks to LG’s continued interest in letting the users experience freedom on their devices actually. The company has today also added support for LG V10 as well for bootloader unlocks ability actually. Let’s now discuss How to Perform LG V10 Bootloader Unlock.
As of now, the H960A variant of LG v10 is basically running Android Marshmallow in the whole European market (except France) is supported as well. We hope more variants of the device will soon be added too, however, we’re extremely happy with the whole European market as well.
The procedure in order to unlock the bootloader officially through LG’s developer website is actually the same for all (G4, G5, and V10) actually.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
So if you guys want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is actually impossible in order to load the CUSTOM ROM without even the Unlock Bootloader. So the Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone along with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM actually. Unlock Bootloader permits you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP, and also Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Requirements to Unlock Bootloader on LG V10
- You need to charge your phone for more than 80% or 70%
- You will lose the warranty if you unlock the bootloader as well
- Unlock Bootloader may also clear all of your data, So make sure to Backup your Smartphone too
- Make sure you guys have followed all the steps properly. Do not Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone as well.
How to Unlock LG V10 Bootloader
- First, just setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Sign up on the LG Developer website now. Head to this link and register for LG Developer Member as well.
- Log in with your newly activated Developer account on the LG website, and then head to this link in order to fill in your Device information. That is required to get the bootloader unlock.bin file from LG actually.
- On the device information page, just fill in your Name, Email, choose your Phone model (H960A for LG V10). You have to fill in your IMEI number and at last fill in the Device ID. That we will basically discover in the steps into the Device ID field on the form as well.
└ Tip: You can also get your device IMEI number through dialing *#06# from your V10.
- Turn on USB debugging and also OEM Unlock on your LG V10:
- Head to Settings » About tablet » and tap the Build number 7 times in order to turn on Developer options.
- Then go back to Settings » choose Developer options » to enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking as well.
- Just open a command window on your computer, then connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. And issue the following command in order to boot your V10 into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ You guys may also get a request in order to authorize USB debugging on the phone and then accept it.
- When your phone is in bootloader mode, then issue the following command in order to get your unique Device ID code:
fastboot oem device-id
You guys will get your unique Device ID as shown in the example below:
Example Device ID (DON'T try to use it for your device) (bootloader)----------------------------------------------------------------- (bootloader) Device-ID (bootloader) CD58B679A38D6B613ED518F37A05E013 (bootloader) F93190BD558261DBBC5584E8EF8789B1 (bootloader)-----------------------------------------------------------------
- Now combine the two rows of Device ID into one line and then paste it into the form. We actually left opened in Step 4 above.
└ As per the example shown in Step 7, the combined Device ID will look actually like this:
Example Device ID (DON'T try to use it for your device) CD58B679A38D6B613ED518F37A05E013F93190BD558261DBBC5584E8EF8789B1
- Tap on the confirm button on the form when you do the filling in the details. If your IMEI and Device ID details are also correct, and you will also receive an Email from the LG Developer website along with the unlock.bin file attached.
└ At this point, you can also close the command window on the PC.
- Now download the unlock.bin file on your computer and then save it to a separate folder on your PC.
- Then open a new command window inside the folder where you guys saved the unlock.bin file in Step 10 above. For this, you need to tap and hold “Ctrl + Shift” and right-click on an empty white space inside the folder. And then choose “Open command window here” from the context menu as well.
- When you open the command window inside the folder. Then issue the following command to flash the unlock.bin file and then unlock the bootloader on your LG V10:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- In order to verify if the bootloader has unlocked successfully, then issue the following command:
- fastboot getvar unlocked as well
└ You should also get “unlocked: yes” in return to confirm that bootloader is now unlocked actually. If not, then maybe try after a reboot as well.
- In order to boot your device into the system, just simply issue the following command:
- All of your device data will probably be erased actually. So just set it up again and have fun along with the unlocked bootloader from here on as well.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.