How to Reset an iPad Mini – Hard and Soft Reset
A new life for your iPad is a real possibility that can actually fix many problems. If your iPad freezes, apps misbehave, or you need to pass the device to another person. Then you should know how to reset the iPad in different ways. Essentially, the choice relies on if you want to wipe away the content and settings or not. We are going to discuss How to Reset an iPad Mini – Hard and Soft Reset.
However, there are many reasons why your iPad’s malfunctioning, we have got three easy ways in order to get it back in working order. The simplest is a soft reset, that can solve performance issues. Is your iPad frozen and you can’t it go as well? A force restart gives you an alternative way of turning off your iPad.
At last, the nuclear option, a factory reset deletes each and everything from your iPad. That brings it back to square one. Before you guys perform these steps, you have to make sure your iPad is charged. If it runs out of life while you are restarting, then that could make this all take more time as well.
How to Reset an iPad Mini
If your Apple iPad Mini is locked up as well as unresponsive. Then you may need to try to do a soft or hard reset on the device in order to get it into working order again.
Steps to Soft Reset the iPad Mini
Just like the name suggests, the soft reset is treating your device softly. It’s actually a basic restart process that does not hamper any of your iPad functionality. You also never risk of losing data or settings whenever running a soft reset. We also recommend using this type of reset as a universal troubleshooting method that provides your iPad is responsive. Let’s see how it works actually:
These steps will basically force a restart of the device.
- You have to hold down the “Sleep/Wake/Power” button unless the red slider appears.
- Drag the slider in order to turn the device off.
- Tap and hold the “Sleep/Wake/Power” button until the Apple logo shows to turn the iPad Mini back on.
If the above steps do not work, then try these steps now.
- In order to hard reset, the iPad Mini, just hold down the “Sleep/Wake” button and the “Home” at the same time for about ten seconds until the Apple logo shows. The device should then boot normally actually.
Hard Reset the iPad Mini
Factory Reset iPad Mini From Your Device
- Well, from the Home screen, just navigate to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset“.
- Press the button labeled “Erase All Content and Settings“.
- A box will then pop up to confirm, so tap on the “Erase” button.
- The device will then restart, and when it turns back on the device will be back to factory settings and data as well
Factory Reset iPad Mini From iTunes
- Well, on the iPad, look under “Settings” > “iCloud” and make sure that “Find My iPad” is set to “Off“.
- Connect the iPad Mini to your computer and open iTunes.
- Choose the device icon, located toward the upper-left corner of the iTunes window.
- Now just select the “Summary” option on the left pane.
- Select the “Restore iPad…” button.
- Choose if guys you want to “Back Up” or “Don’t Back Up” your device.
- Then choose “Restore“.
- Now the iPad will is restored. When completed, you will have the option in order to “Set Up as New iPad” or “Restore From a Backup“.
To back up iPad via iCloud:
- You have to make sure your iPad is connected to the Wi-Fi network open Settings > device name > iCloud
- Head to iCloud Backup
- Then click on Back Up Now
You guys can always check the date and time of a recent backup under the Back Up Now tab actually.
How can you reset the iPad mini without a password
What if you don’t have a passcode and what if you forget it?
Apple passcode is actually a code that you use to unlock your device. On the devices along with Touch ID, we can also replace it along with a fingerprint). If you can’t remember your passcode or you have entered the wrong one too many times, you will have a problem with factory resetting actually. This can fix if you hard reset the iPad and delete the passcode in a Recovery Mode:
- You first, need to connect your iPad to a computer. Tap and hold the Power button + Home button (if your device has a Home button). Or tap and hold the Power button + either Volume button (if your device does not have a Home button) unless you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- On your Mac, you have to locate the connected device.
- Tap on Restore and then wait for the process to end.
- Set up your device and proceed to factory restoring without even a passcode.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.