How to Root LG Stylo 2 Plus and Download TWRP
LG Stylo 2 Plus (codename: ph2n) was basically launched in the year May 2016 actually. The smartphone basically came out of the box along with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Well, recently this device has actually received the official TWRP recovery support. Make sure to download the files needed and then jump straight into instruction on how you install TWRP Recovery and Root your LG Stylo 2 Plus. We are going to discuss How to Root LG Stylo 2 Plus and Download TWRP.
So, keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will have to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs give a locked bootloader to its devices because of some security concerns. In order to install any third-party file, you will have to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable in order to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your LG Stylo 2 Plus device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, clear out system/data/cache, and much more.
- The file and guide are basically supported for the LG Stylo 2 Plus (ph2n) model only. Do not try it on other devices.
- LG Stylo 2 Plus bootloader should be unlocked as well.
- You need a PC/Laptop and a USB cable for this process.
- Ensure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All needed Files:
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root via SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root via Magisk
- USB Drivers: LG USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot and then install it on your PC
How to Root LG Stylo 2 Plus and Download TWRP
Along with the availability of TWRP recovery, you guys can now also root LG Stylo 2 Plus easily through SuperSU or Magisk. Rooting provides you access to system-level files on your device permitting you to modify settings. Those are otherwise restricted through your device manufacturer.
Also, on a side note, if you guys are into Pokemon Go or use Android Pay. We actually recommend through the Magisk systemless interface in order to root your LG Stylo 2 Plus. As it permits you to turn off root on-the-fly when needed. Or you can also use the Auto Magisk app to turn off root automatically when you open an app.
- First, unlock the bootloader on your device.
- Just download the TWRP recovery .img file from the download link above to your computer.
- You have to Install/flash TWRP recovery .img through Fastboot.
- When you’ve TWRP recovery installed, take a full android backup of your device via TWRP’s Backup option.
- Get root access: There are actually two ways you can root LG Stylo 2 Plus.
- SuperSU zip – If you just want root access and want it instantly without workarounds to Safetynet to be able in order to use Android Pay or play Pokemon Go when rooted. Then getting root through SuperSU zip would serve the purpose.
- Magisk systemless interface (recommended) – Getting root through Magisk systemless interface means you can turn off root access on-the-fly when needed. This is specifically useful for apps that do not work whenever your Android phone is rooted.
ADB and Fastboot Tool
After you download all the needed files, drivers, and tools, just follow the installation process.
- First of all, turn on the Developer Options and also USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Go to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then click on the Build Number seven times to turn on Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and then turn on the toggle. In order to turn on USB debugging actually.
- Then, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your PC. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse tap to open the command window.
- Disable your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds in order to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Just connect your device along with the PC through a USB cable and you have to type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device now connects successfully as a fast boot device.
- Then type the following command and click enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, just type the following command and click enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you guys can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
That’s just it. You guys have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the LG Stylo 2 Plus device. Now, you have to flash the Root actually.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.