How to Root OnePlus 6T and Install TWRP
OnePlus is basically known for its affordable flagship devices carrying premium features. Just like that, OnePlus launched OnePlus 6 in 2018 along with Snapdragon 845, a 6.28-inch Optic AMOLED display, and a 16MP+20MP dual rear camera. It is also running on the latest Android 9.0 Pie along with Oxygen OS on the top. In spite of being running on the latest version, some of the users want to root the OnePlus 6. We are going to discuss How to Root the OnePlus 6T and Install TWRP.
OnePlus devices are always well supported via the development community. Each and every device from OnePlus One to OnePlus 5T has received tremendous support from third-party developers. Many ROMs, Kernels, and many other MODs are available for every single OnePlus device as well.
After you root, users can also install custom ROMs with built-in advanced features. They can also improve the performance, power efficiency, and overall productivity of the device after installing the custom ROM as well. We have detailed each and every step in order to install TWRP on OnePlus 6 successfully.
Although, one of the main reasons you would prefer to buy the OnePlus 6T is the easy availability of development support actually. That guarantees the availability of TWRP recovery and thus the ability to root the devices without much effort as well.
You guys will be really happy to learn then that your favorite custom TWRP recovery is now available for the OnePlus 6T as well. And that also opens the door in order to root the OnePlus 6T right away.
OnePlus 6T TWRP recovery
Download both the ZIP and also IMG files needed to install TWRP recovery on the OnePlus 6T from below:
- TWRP .IMG file for Android 10: twrp-3.3.1-27-fajita-Q-mauronofrio.img
- TWRP .IMG file for Android 9: twrp-3.3.1-27-fajita-Pie-mauronofrio.img
- TWRP Installer (.ZIP): twrp-3.3.1-27-fajita-installer-mauronofrio.zip
November 19: New TWRP images and installer for Android 10 and Android 9 builds as well.
OnePlus 6T Magisk installer
OnePlus 6T Stock boot images
- 1. OnePlus 6T 9.0.11 stock boot.img
- 2. OnePlus 6T 9.0.10 stock boot.img
- 3. OnePlus 6T 9.0.7 stock boot.img
- 4. OnePlus 6T 9.0.6 stock boot.img
- 5. OnePlus 6T 9.0.5 stock boot.img
- 6. OnePlus 6T 9.0.4 stock boot.img
How to Root OnePlus 6T and Install TWRP
Do not try anything that is given on this page if you do guys not know completely what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, then we won’t be held responsible.
The download files and the also the process for installing TWRP and rooting given on this page are compatible only along with the OnePlus 6T. Do not try this on any other device because you might end up damaging your device and permanently brick it as well.
How to Download TWRP recovery on OnePlus 6T
Let’s see how you can install TWRP first, and then root the OnePlus 6T.
- Make sure you guys have unlocked the bootloader of your OnePlus 6T.
- Download the needed files:
- TWRP recovery from above
- Magisk root package
- DM Verity disabler
- Make sure you have turned on USB Debugging on your OnePlus 6T device. You may have to re-do it after unlocking the bootloader.
- Connect your OnePlus 6T device to the PC via the USB cable that came with it.
- Transfer the needed files to your OnePlus 6T, which are, TWRP ZIP file, Magisk, and DM Verity disabler as well.
- Now you have to open a command window inside the folder where you have the TWRP file from above. For this, go to that folder, and then type cmd in the address bar of that folder’s window, and then tap on the enter key. A command window will now open up, and its location will be that folder.
- Then connect your OnePlus 6T device to the computer.
- Now run the following command into the command window that we opened above to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ If you guys get a permission dialogue on your OnePlus 6T to “Allow USB debugging”, then tap OK.
- When your OnePlus 6T boots into bootloader mode, then run the command below in order to install TWRP temporarily and then access it right away.
fastboot boot <name of twrp file here>.img
- The device will now reboot to recovery mode and then you will see TWRP recovery right there. Tap on the ‘Keep Read Only’ button now to do not permit system modifications.
That’s just it, you have successfully installed the TWRP recovery temporarily.
- [Just Skip this update for the test build of TWRP.] Install the TWRP permanently as well:
- You will there see TWRP recovery now. Now we will install the TWRP recovery permanently. For this, in TWRP, click on the Install button, and then choose the TWRP ZIP file you transferred earlier.
- [Careful!] then, reboot back to TWRP again. Click on the home button, then on the Reboot button, and then on the Recovery button in order to restart the device into TWRP. Then TWRP recovery is permanently installed as well.
- It’s now time to root your OnePlus 6T device. Install the magisk file to root the device, however, if you don’t want to root, you still have to install the DM Verity disabler file to avoid the device from bootlooping when starting to Android from TWRP as well.
→ If you want to install, go back to the home screen of TWRP and click on the Install button. And then select the Magisk file (or DM verity disabler if you guys don’t want to root), and then confirm the installation on the next screen as well.
In case if you guys are re-installing Magisk, then make sure you first install the Magisk Uninstaller first, and then the Magisk file as well. This does not actually apply to those who are installing Magisk the first time.
- Reboot now and your OnePlus 6T will now start to Android. If you guys installed Magisk, you can verify root access on your OnePlus 6T via a root checker app.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.