How to Save Video from Facebook to iPhone
Well, we have most of the time come across interesting, funny, informative videos on Facebook. We want to save them offline for later viewing or also share them outside Facebook along with friends and family using other chat apps. In order to do this, you have to download the video. However, just like Twitter, Facebook also does not offer a straightforward solution. Hence, we have to rely on other methods in order to download videos from Facebook on the iPhone, iPad, Android, and also Computer as well. Well, let me guide you step-by-step. We are going to discuss How to Save Video From Facebook to iPhone. Let’s start!
Can You Download a Video from Facebook or not?
Yes! You can download a video from Facebook as long as it has been set to the public actually. Windows, Mac, and Android users just have to copy and modify the video link. However, iPhone users have to use a third-party app such as MyMedia.
Well, facebook also has a Save video option that displays whenever you click on the three-dot icon at the top of the video post. But, this does not really save the video on your device. However, it saves it on the app so that you can watch it later as well.
How to Save Video From Facebook to iPhone
Before You Begin: Make sure that you are allowed to add untrusted shortcuts. For this, you have to open the Settings app → Shortcuts → turn on the toggle for Allow Untrusted Shortcuts.
- Just get the Social Media Downloader shortcut. It will then ask to open in the Shortcuts app. Click on Open.
- Now scroll to the bottom of the Add Shortcut screen and then click on Add Untrusted Shortcut
- Open Facebook and then locate the video. Ensure it is a public video. If the video is from a private group or stuff. Then you may not be able to download it.
- Now you have to copy the post link that has the video. For that, click on the Share icon and tap Copy Link. Or, after clicking on the Share icon, just click on More Options… → Copy.
- Next, you have to open the Shortcuts app as well. Click on My Shortcuts. After this, you have to tap on Social Media Downloader.
- Then tap on OK from the popup. Select Facebook
- Select HD (high definition) or SD (standard definition) as well. If the shortcut asks for permissions, then click OK to grant it.
- When the video downloads, you will then get a notification. Open the Photos app in order to find the saved video.
- Well, from the Share Sheet in step 4, you may also scroll down and then click on Social Media Downloader and follow the next steps. (Though most of the time it shows an error.)
- Not all of the Facebook videos seem to download through this shortcut. At times, you guys may see an error.
Via MyMedia File Manager
- You have to download the MyMedia – File Manager app. You guys can find this app in the Apple App Store.
- Then just open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Find the video you want to download and press the Share button. You can also find this under the video.
- Then press the chain-link icon. You can also find this in the top-right corner of the Share menu next to the three-dot icon. When you do that, the Facebook app closes the menu and returns to the video as well. You will also see a prompt saying Copied, followed by a checkmark as well.
- Now open the MyMedia – File Manager app.
- Then type fbdown.net into the search bar at the top of your screen. If you do not see this, then scroll up.
- Click Go on your phone’s on-screen keyboard.
- Just paste the video URL into the text box actually. wheevern the website loads, then tap the text box and select Paste.
- Then click Download. This will open another page with a picture thumbnail of your video
- Next, click More options. Don’t just tap any other buttons on the page.
- Then tap Force download SD or Force download HD as well. SD basically stands for standard-definition, while HD stands for high-definition.
What’s More | how to save video from facebook to iPhone
- Next, Just tap on Download the file.
- Select a file name for your video and tap Save.
- Now wait for the download to be completed. The app will then open up to the Downloading tab. You will see a progress bar with the file name, file size, and download time as well. When you finish the download, the progress bar will then disappear.
- Then click Back in the top-right corner of the app as well.
- Next, press Media. You guys can find this at the bottom of the app.
- Now click on the video you just downloaded.
- Tap Save to Camera Roll as well. You guys can then find your video in your Photos app.
How can you Download Facebook Videos on Android
Using Video Downloader for Facebook
- First of all, just install Video Downloader for Facebook from the Play Store for free.
- Now open the Facebook app on your Android phone and then visit the video post. Click on the Share button. Scroll horizontally and then tap on More. Or, click on More Options…
- Now click on FB Downloader. The download will then begin immediately
- From there, you guys can share the video directly through clicking on the Share icon. The video is also saved to your Gallery (Photos app) if you give the access permission
Note: If you guys use Facebook in a browser, then you may copy the video post link. Open the Video Downloader app, click on the Facebook tab from the bottom-left, paste the post URL, and then finally click on Paste and download.
Save Video Inside the Facebook App
The FB app for Android also has a feature in order to download video offline in the app. For this, just click on the more (three dots icon) from the top-left of a video post as well. Next, you have to click on Download.
The video will get saved locally as well. You guys can not save it to the phone gallery or share directly to other chat apps actually. However, you guys can watch the video without the internet later. In order to do this, just tap on the hamburger icon (three lines icon) from the top-right. Now, click on Saved.
How to Save Video From Facebook to Computer (Mac, PC)
Via Third-Party Websites
Well, for the steps below, I have used Google Chrome. For other browsers, too, the steps and save options are almost the same actually.
- You need to copy the post link on Facebook. For this, just tap on the Share button and then click on Copy Link as well.
- Open fbdownloader.net (or any other same site from Google search). Then paste the copied link and press the enter key.
- Relying on the video, tap on Download SD Quality or Download HD Quality. The video will then open in a new tab. Right-click and select Save Video as… At last, tap on Save.
Keep in mind that In step 3, if an advertisement opens in the new tab, you have to close it. Go back and tap on Download SD Quality or also Download HD Quality again.
Via Chrome Extension
- First, Add
- Then open Facebook. If it was already open, then refresh the page. Ensure you copy the post link so that the video does not disappear from your Home feed actually.
- Hover the mouse pointer over a video now. You will there see a Download button in the upper-right of the video. Just tap on it. The download will now begin almost instantly.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this how to save video from facebook to iphone” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.