How to Update OS X 10.9.3 Software for Mac: Guide
Well, Guys! Apple has released OS X 10.9.3 for the users of Mac running Mavericks. However, the software update also includes lots of bug fixes, security developments, & feature refinement to OS X, making it suggested for all Mac users running OS X Mavericks. In addition, iTunes 11.2.1 has also made available as an independent update.
Particularly, the OS X 10.9.3 includes enhanced support for 4K displays attached to Mac Pro & MacBook Pro Retina Macs, refinements to the stability of VPN connections simply utilizing the IPSec, a Safari update, and also the capability to locally sync some data with iOS devices just through USB.
The final feature addition is likely most notable for many users of Mac. Just because it permits for the capability for contacts & calendars in order to sync directly from an iPhone, iPad, and as well as the iPod touch to a Mac simply using a USB connection. Though something that was initially cleared from OS X Mavericks in approval of iCloud just syncing. So the Mac users now have the choice to sync that data locally or continue to sync it via iCloud, relaying on their private preferences.
Download and Install OS X 10.9.3 Update
Well, all the time back up your Mac just before installing system updates. As normal, the simplest way to perform that is with Time Machine, only begin a backup. Allow it complete before starting with the update.
- First of all, you have to head to the Apple menu & select the “Software Update” to organize the Mac App Store
- Here you guys must have to wait for OS X 10.9.3 to appear in the Updates list (hit Command+R to refresh whether it does not appear) & select the ‘Update’
Similarly, installing the 10.9.3 requires a download & restart, the package size varies relying on the Mac being installed on but should be abruptly 400-500MB.
However, just for the users who do not want to update via the App Store, OS X 10.9.3 Combo Updaters will also be made available shortly from Apple.
Also, read this article: Way to Make Sense of Mac Keyboard Symbols
OS X 10.9.3 Release Notes
Entire release notes leading OS X 10.9.3 in the Mac App Store are as follows, full security-related release notes are further below:
However, the OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Update is suggesting for all Mavericks users. It enhances the stability, compatibility, & security of your Mac.
- Refines the 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) & MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013)
- Adds the capability to sync contacts & calendars just between a Mac & iOS device by using the USB connection
- Enhances the reliability of VPN connections just by using the IPsec
- Fixes an issue that stopped the Font Book from installing PostScript Type 1 fonts
- Refines the reliability of copying, editing & checking the permissions of files on an SMB file server
- Enhances the reliability of network home directories
- Enhances stability when installing configuration profiles
- Refines the login speed for users in Active Directory groups
- Includes Safari 7.0.3
For detailed info about this update, so please visit:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6228
For detailed info about the security content of this update, please visit:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
However, (Despite an opposite report, this probably not be the case beyond iTunes 11.2. The current version of Security Updates for the previous versions of OS X are also able to be found here in Apple Support.
iTunes 11.2 Update Available Also
Mac users are also able to find iTunes 11.2 available through the Mac App Store software update mechanism. However, the iTunes 11.2 update includes bug resolves & also the performance updates, and enhancement podcast support & browsing.
Simply the Release Notes for iTunes 11.2 are as follows:
This update includes the following enhancements: Refined
- Quickly find episodes that you have not listened to in the new Unplayed tab
- Browse episodes that are also available in order to download or stream in the Feed tab
- Store your favorite episodes in order to keep them on your PC
- Episodes are also able to now automatically removed just after you play them
This update also fixes an issue where iTunes probably become unresponsive when updating Genius & also improves overall performance & stability. Podcasts for iOS 2.1 or later suggests when syncing podcast episodes.
For syncing an iOS device Contacts & the Calendars to a Mac just via a USB, users will also have to install the iTunes 11.2 update first.
Though both OS X 10.9.3 & iTunes 11.2 are recommended for all Mac users.
Important Note: Some users of Mac also have discovered the /Users folder goes missing simply after updating to OS X 10.9.3. Here is a solution to that whether it happens to you.
Update 5/16/2014: iTunes 11.2.1 is now available to fix the aforementioned /Users folder bug where that directory turned hidden suddenly. Installing iTunes 11.2.1 recommends forcefully to avoid any issues
Also see this article: iOS 12.4: How To Update iOS 12.4 For iPhone 6/5s & Older
Apple has released OS X 10.9.3 for the users of Mac running Mavericks. However, the software update also includes lots of bug fixes, security developments, & feature refinement to OS X, making it suggested for all Mac users running OS X Mavericks. Well, I hope that you guys like the guide. If you face any trouble or have any queries so then you can ask us in the comments section below. We will try to come back to you as soon as possible.