How to Use iOS 10 Airplay on Your iPhone and iPad
Streaming videos and audios wirelessly via AirPlay is one of my favorite indulgences actually. After all, mirroring the display from iPhone to your Apple TV is pretty cool. We are going to discuss How to Use iOS 10 Airplay on Your iPhone and iPad.
With AirPlay, you guys can stream audio as well to Apple TV or many other compatible speakers. If your iPhone and other devices are on the same Wi-Fi network, then it will connect automatically and start streaming the content as well. If the devices are not on the same network, then AirPlay uses point-to-point Wi-Fi in order to stream. Do you guys also want to give it a shot on your iPhone running iOS 10? Give it a go now!
How to Use iOS 10 Airplay on Your iPhone and iPad
If you guys want to cast a video from your iPhone to your TV, or also if you want to watch YouTube on a larger screen as well. Then AirPlay, Apple’s casting feature, will definitely help you do that. AirPlay permits you to wirelessly cast audio or video from your iPhone, iPad, as well as Mac to an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. As long as your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the TV actually.
Use Airplay on Your iPhone
Well, these instructions are specifically for an iPhone, however, the steps are just the same for an iPad or an iPod touch. The biggest differences in the procedure rely on what app you guys are playing video from. You will have to follow one of the two sets of steps:
- If you guys see an AirPlay button that actually looks just like a rectangle along with an arrow pointing up at the bottom. Whenever you open up the app or a video in the app, then click on that to use AirPlay. Such as, in the YouTube app for iPad, there will be an AirPlay button in the bottom right corner of the video actually.
- If you do not see an AirPlay button, then you’ll have to choose the app’s option to cast, share, or play content on a different device, and then tap the AirPlay option. Such as, in the YouTube app for iPhone, you would click the cast button at the top of the screen. (It just looks like a rectangle along with a Wi-Fi symbol that is coming out of the bottom left corner) and then click “AirPlay & Bluetooth devices.” In pictures, press the share button (which looks just like a square with an arrow coming out of the top). Then, scroll down and click on AirPlay.
- For either type of app, you have to click the device you want to use AirPlay with.
- Your TV may display a code there. Enter that in the box on your phone’s screen and then click on OK.
- Now you guys are casting your video to your TV through AirPlay.
- In order to stop casting, open up the AirPlay window in the same way you accessed it above (again, this will differ relying on the app) and click on “iPhone” on the list of devices. This will then return your feed from the TV back to your iPhone. In pictures, you will have to press the AirPlay icon in the top right corner and then “My Device.”
How can you Stop AirPlay video on your iPhone and iPad
- No longer want to AirPlay video? You can then instantly stop it.
- Now, you just have to tap on Turn Off AirPlay Mirroring.
How can you AirPlay audio from your iPhone or iPad
- Bring up Control Center and then swipe from right to left in order to access the Now Playing card.
- Then click on the Audio Destination button from the bottom.
- Select the device name that you want to AirPlay audio to.
How can you stop AirPlay audio from your iPhone or iPad?
- First up, just bring up the Control Center on your device. Then, swipe from right to left in order to access the Now Playing card.
- Click on the Audio Destination button from the bottom.
- Select your iPhone to stop AirPlay audio from your smartphone as well.
Use Airplay on your MAC
- You have to open up the video you’d like to cast to your TV.
- Tap on the AirPlay button. Often (but not always) you guys will find it in the bottom right corner of the video. (We found that it was best to access YouTube via Safari instead of Chrome.)
- Choose the device you’d like to cast your video in order to form the drop-down options.
- Your Mac may ask you for the code that is displaying on your TV. Just enter it into the pop-up window.
- Whenever you want to stop casting, just tap on the same AirPlay button you clicked on earlier to start AirPlay. Then tap on “Turn off AirPlay” from the drop-down menu as well.
Use Airplay on your PC
You guys can use AirPlay on your Windows PC, however, only for content on iTunes. If you want to do that:
- Just open iTunes and start playing a video.
- Tap on the AirPlay button in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen as well.
- Choose the device from which you want to watch actually.
- You guys may be prompted to enter a code as well. If so, then enter the code on your TV into the pop-up window on your PC.
- You guys should now watch your video on your TV.
- In order to stop AirPlay, tap on the AirPlay button again, and then choose “My Computer.”
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “ios 10 airplay” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.
Also See: Best Stretching Apps For iOS Devices