How To View Live Photos On Android
Do you want to view Live Photos on android? When the first iPhone was launched with an “impressive” 2MP camera, the competition for mobile cameras starts heating up. However, Android mobiles like the Samsung Galaxy S9 and the Sony Xperia XZ2 can shoot high-definition slow-motion video footage at 960FPS. Also, there are many software features that Apple relaunch before Android and Live Photos is one of them.
What are Live Photos?
Live photo is a feature that loops together various photos creating GIF-style media. Also, there are lots of apps to create GIF images easily. They can be converted from videos (not photos). They look to compress the video quality far too much. Well, Google has already launched this feature to the Pixel devices via Motion Shoot.
Capture Or View Live Photos On Android:
Let’s take a look at the best Android app for the purpose, and also some extra alternative apps for this purpose.
Capture Or View Live Photos On Android Via Google Motion Stills
- Initially, install or download the Google Motions Stills app from the Play Store.
- Then open the app and click on the Motion Still feature to choose.
- Position your mobile to click a moving scene and hit the Shutter button in the middle to start.
- The app will take a short 5-second video and save it in the preview gallery on the bottom-left corner.
- Then click on the Gallery to open it and then choose the video clip to view it.
- You’ll then view many options at the bottom for the Stabilizer. There is an option to Mute the video, it offers the ability to put the Video on a Loop, and also Fast Forward the video up to 8X.
- When you’re happy with the video, click on the Share button on the right side and then choose GIF to create a silent Live Photo and share it with others.
Tips/Tricks & Notable Features
Rather than creating Live Photos, there are many things about the Motion Stills app by Google. For example, you can also use the same app to create a Fast Forward video up to 8 times its original playback speed.
- Head over to the main screen, click on the Fast Forward menu, and click your video (maximum 60 seconds in length).
- Then click on the Gallery icon to check your recorded video. Then use the Fast Forward icon to improve playback speed by 2X, 4X, or even 8X.
That’s not enough, cause the Google Motion Stills app offers AR Stickers to your mobile device.
- From the main screen, click on the AR Mode menu and choose from any of the available 11 different AR Stickers.
- Then click anywhere on the display screen to put the AR Sticker and use the pinch gesture to zoom or minimize the size of the AR Sticker.
- Hit the Capture button to record the video with AR Stickers. You can then edit or share it the way you want!
Additionally, you can modify the GIF quality and also add a Watermark to your creations from the Settings.
- Click on the Gear icon located on the top right corner to open the Settings
- Then choose GIF quality and set it to Medium (480 x 360), Low (320 x 240), or High (640 x 480).
- Hit the toggle switch located next to Watermark to add personalization to your created media.
Alternative Mobile Apps For Live Photos
The Google Play Store has allowed developers to introduce different ways to bring Live Photos to Android and then some more. Here are some best or innovative apps we must find for creating Live Photos on Android.
Well, the CameraMX app is a popular app and it scores many points as the Google Motion Stills app if not more. Well, it is just because of the total number of features that it offers. Rather than being a free app, you get no ads to cloud your user experience and to unlock the prized Live Shot feature (Live Photos). Simply sign it up.
Also, you can get the ability to easily edit the Live Shot duration from the app itself. The app also comes with a Shoot-The-Past feature that records shots before you press the Capture button. So that you can’t miss the perfect shot. Rather than essential features, you get a huge bunch of other amazing stuff. It includes the Fx button to add lots of filters directly, another one is the Kaleidoscope feature to get trippy photos, and many other cool Effects to try out as well.
Fyuse app offers 3D Photos. Besides many other Live Photos apps on the list, Fyuse is one of the best social media platform in itself for sharing cool 3D Photos that anybody can create using their Android app. Besides Live Photos which are 3D Photos, high-quality GIFs created via Fyuse let you view a single picture from various angles.
The app also merges the accelerometer, gyroscope, and gravity sensors on your mobile device. It can do this just to help you to click videos in panoramic form. But combines them together to create a live-action 3D Photo. But rather than creating your very own 3D Photos, the Fyuse platform with its tons of users offers you some amazing 3D Photos that you’re to find nowhere else.
Here is another addition to this list i.e Loopsie as it adds more creativity. The app is specially designed to help you to capture a quick and short video and initiate processing it right away. However, besides many other apps that create a Live Video of everything you take. Loopsie lets you select parts of the captured pictures that you want to animate.
For example, if you capture a selfie of you sitting on a bench. Then the app Loopsie lets you animate just the back tress and the sky while keeping your face and everything else in the photo frozen. It’s difficult to explain exactly what it does in words, so we recommend you to give it a try.
Here’s all about ‘View Live Photos On Android’. If you want to share anything else about Live Photos then shoot me in the comment section below!