How to View Spotify History on Your Devices
Spotify is basically a really cool way to discover and listen to songs however, is it also possible to see your play history? The answer is Yes actually. Spotify has also a Play History feature that will let you rediscover songs that you have recently played or listened to in the past. We are going to discuss How to View Spotify History on Your Devices.
Well, we listen to hundreds of songs on Spotify, and most of the time, we forget the titles and albums that we enjoyed before, right! So, with the Play History feature, you guys can also go back and scan the list of songs you want to listen to again actually.
The steps are really easy and you guys can see your whole listening history with a few clicks on your Spotify app or web player as well. There are two ways to navigate in order to your play history, on desktop or on your mobile or tablet as well.
How to View Spotify History in Your Devices
Spotify’s history feature is really cool actually. It allows you to see the last 50 songs that you listened to, just in case one of them got stuck in your head and then you want to listen to it again too. Getting back to your history is pretty easy – just follow the steps below.
Tip: If you guys are looking for what’s up next in your playlist, then you are looking for the Play Queue feature, not the History feature actually!
See Play History on Spotify for Desktop or Web Player
There are basically two ways to find your listening history in the Spotify mobile app actually. Both of them are available in the iPhone app, however, only one is available in the Android app.
If you guys are using Spotify on the computer, then you can find the History through clicking on the burger menu along with the little play button in the bottom-right corner actually. It will first, take you to your regular Play Queue, where you guys can add and delete (or change the order) of future tracks that you can play.
Well, just tap on the History option in order to see the last 50 tracks played!
Well, on mobile, it sadly is not that simple actually. While you can readily access your Play Queue in order to view future songs, the history feature is not available in the same capacity actually. You guys can still see your previous songs though. Just tap on any of the created playlists in order to see the songs that are already on it.
- Well, make sure that your app is fully updated, and then just open the Spotify app and click on “Home” at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the icon in the top-right that looks like a clock. This will then open up your Listening History page.
- Well, by default, it will show you all the playlists that you have listened to recently. You guys can scroll down to see the last month or so of your playlist history as well.
- In order to see your song-by-song listening history through clicking the icon in the top-right corner. That looks like a peg — this will open a menu where you guys can choose “Songs and episodes.”
- You guys can now see a full list of each and every song and podcast episode you have listened to for the past few months. Scroll down to see them all, and click on any of them to play it.
You guys can also find a truncated version of your listening history via the “Add Songs” section. You can do this on both an iPhone and an Android device as well.
- First, you have to start the Spotify app and click on “Library” at the bottom of the screen.
- Then open one of your playlists. If you guys have no playlists, then tap “Create playlist” and then tap on “Create.”
- Click “Add songs,” the small button below the name of the playlist as well.
- Well, on the “Add songs” page, you need to swipe to the left three times. You should land on the “Recently played” list actually. This basically displays the last 100 or so tracks that you have played on Spotify.
- Press the name of any song in order to play a preview. Or you can also press the plus sign to add it to the playlist as well.
4. To see your song-by-song listening history by tapping the icon in the top-right corner that looks like a peg — this will open a menu where you can select “Songs and episodes.”
See your Recently Played Playlist on Spotify
Well, from your home screen, you need to swipe to your left. It will then show your Recently Played playlist as well. This will basically list down recent songs that you guys have played. It is a really helpful feature whenever you forget the songs that you have played the day before and also want to add these tracks to a playlist as well.
That’s just it! If you want to add a song or track, then just right tap on the track and click Add Queue. If you want to delete a track, also right-click on the track and then tap on Remove from Queue.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “how to view Spotify history” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.