In Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working _ Fix
A screensaver is presumed to appear just after a predefined time has passed. Whether you guys still do not see the Windows 10 screensaver even after waiting for that time period. However, there probably be a problem with your screensaver settings & you guys will just have to fix it for it to work. In this guide you will learn the way to fix the issue “In Windows 10 Screensaver is Not Working”.
In Windows 10 Screensaver is Not Working _ Fix
Except you already know that, why in windows 10 the screensaver is not working. Though you guys will want to try a few methods just before your problem is resolved. So you do not really have to download anything or also use any third-party applications in order to fix the issue, as most probably changing an option here & there in your system configuration will also fix the issue just for you.
Also, see this article: Way To Fix The Issue Arrow Keys Not Working In Excel
Update Your System In Order To Fix The Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working Problem
Well, Guys! Just one of the possible causes why the screensaver is not working on your Windows 10 Computer is just because you guys have a previous version of Windows running on your PC. Previous versions are known to have problems & bugs in them. And updating your machine to a current version of the OS will probably resolve the issue for you.
- First of all, you have to search for Settings from the Cortana search box & tap on it when you see it.
- Choose the Update & Security option on the following screen in order to access the Windows update option.
- However, there will also be lots of options in the left sidebar on your screen. Simply find the one that says Windows Update & tap on it to open it.
- Now on the right-hand side pane, you guys will also find a button saying Check for updates. Tap on it to check for updates for your PC.
- Whether an update is available, you have to go ahead & there get it installed on your PC.
Clarify The Windows 10 Screensaver Settings
Whilst it goes just without saying that you guys should also have a screensaver chosen in the Windows 10 screensaver settings menu. Similarly, some users also forget to perform it & that’s why they do not see anything come up even after their PC sitting idle for a while.
The issue can also be easily fixed just by heading into the settings menu. Also, choose one of the available screensavers for your machine. At a time when that is configured, so your screensaver will also appear as it should.
- Now you must use the Cortana search box simply to search for & also open the Settings app.
- Tap on the option that just says Personalization in order to access the Windows 10 screensaver locations where you are also able to see your screensavers.
- Here you must choose the Lock screen from the options available in the left sidebar.
- Drop down on the right-hand side pane & tap on the option that says Screen saver settings.
- However, the following screen allows you to select one of the many screensavers available on your system. Now tap on the Screen saver dropdown menu, choose the option of your choice, simply identify the wait time in the Wait box, and then tap on Apply followed by OK.
Unplug The Devices You Don’t Use From Your PC
Well, The great thing about Windows computers is just that you are also able to plug in pretty much anything into them. Similarly, these pluggable items normally include USB flash drives, wireless keyboards & mouse, and even game controllers.
Similarly, for as long as these devices are simply connected to your PC, they use definite utilities. Either inbuilt or third-party, to work. Occasionally these utilities come in the way of screensaver settings & also stop it from working. Similarly, your PC also thinks after all you guys have plugged in these devices. You are also using them or also planning in order to use them & that is why it keeps your PC awake.
Similarly, this behavior stops the screensaver from organizing on your PC. Although there is a too easy way to resolve it: unplug all the unwanted devices from your machine. At a time when that’s complete. So then your screensavers will also continue to work in Windows 10 as they did before.
Read this guide: How To Fix The Issue When You Locked Out Of Your Facebook Account
Keep Your Mouse Clean and Away From Any Movements
You likely already know why & when your PC activates the screensaver mode. Just for those of you who do not, so the screensaver is activated just after a predefined time in the settings that also has passed. That there should also have been no activity on your PC.
Just keeping your keyboard away from any activities is too easy and simple. But that is not the case with a mouse. As well as whether your mouse has collected any dust. Or is placed in a place where it detects any movements, it keeps your machine awake. It will also stop the screensaver just from being organized & the issue will continue until & unless you are also able to keep your mouse idle.
However, the good way to resolve this is to clean your mouse off any dust & also try and place it on a flat surface just without any disturbances. Similarly, this should resolve your issue whether it was reasoned by your peripherals.
Reset Power Settings On Your Windows 10 Computer
However, the screensaver is basically the result of a power plan that your PC uses. Whether these settings are not Accurately configured. Though it will also lead to the screensaver not working in Windows 10.
Resetting the power settings should resolve it for you.
- First of all, now you just have to tap on the Cortana search box, search for, and head to the Control Panel.
- Here make sure that you are viewing it in Large icons mode. Tap on the Power Options link.
- Now tap on Change plan settings next to your plan.
- Simply tap on Change advanced power settings.
- You should now choose your power plan and also tap on Restore plan defaults at the bottom. Then hit Apply followed by OK.
Fix the Windows 10 Screensaver Problems With Power Troubleshooter
Whether none of the above processes worked for you. So then you probably want to allow your system to detect the problem just for itself & also offer you suggestions on the way to fix it. Basically your Computer also has a troubleshooter to support you to deal with power issues on your PC.
- First of all, you have to organize the Settings app on your PC.
- Tap on the Update & Security option.
- Choose Troubleshoot from the left sidebar.
- Now tap on Power on the right-hand side pane and also choose Run the troubleshooter.
- Finally, you have to here wait for it to detect problems and provide you possible ways to fix those problems.
In Windows 10 Screensaver is Not Working _ Fix-Conclusion
Well, Guys! We love to play around with the different screensavers on our Windows PC. You are also able to save power along with enjoying the animation or also photos on your system when the screen is idle. However, the screensaver not working issue is not as much serious as a blue screen or system crash. Though you guys can also burn your monitor someday whether you have a habit of leaving it idle for a longer duration.
So I hope that this guide “In Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working _ Fix” helped you guys to fix the screensaver issue on your Windows 10 machine. Whether it did, so then please let us know what method worked for you in the comments section below. We will wait for your Comments. Enjoy!