iPhone Won’t Accept Wi-Fi Password _How To Fix it?
Most of the time, You will see the error iPhone Won’t Accept Wi-Fi Password. Then iPhone or iPad users may occasionally encounter. The error that will encounter is a very strange issue where they are also attempting in order to join a familiar Wi-Fi network. Then the iOS also throws up an “Incorrect password” error message. So, the iPhone or iPad also refuses an order to join the wireless network. This can often use the users that will also see the “Incorrect password” wi-fi error. It can also despite that they are being certain the Wi-Fi password that is correct. This will also be given that how dependent these devices are on an internet connection. So, that it is understood that it is annoying if an iOS device doesn’t join a wi-fi network. This can also give you a repeated “incorrect password” message.
Now, this is also the walkthrough that will also aim in order to get troubleshoot and then fix the annoying “Incorrect password for network” error messages on an iPhone or iPad. If you are also trying in order to join a wi-fi network.
The 4 Common Reasons Why You will see iPhone Won’t Accept Wi-Fi Password:
But Before you can proceed in any of the further then you have to be sure. Then you can also cover the following bases:
- You have to make sure that you also know the correct password that it is of the wi-fi network.
- Then you have to make sure that you are also joining the correct wi-fi network. Most of the time if they also have a similar name that is as nearby wi-fi access points.
- Now, you have to make sure that you are also entering the wi-fi password correctly. Then they are also case sensitive and then the wi-fi password must be an exact match.
- After that, you have to make sure that you do not have the CAPS LOCK or an alternative language keyboard. This can also enable that if you can also enter the password.
It is also possible that they think those can also recommend that they are goofy. Then many people can incorrectly type a wi-fi password. Now, you have the CAPS LOCK enabled when you enter the one. This can perhaps they will hear a word or phrase incorrectly and then they are typing the wi-fi password wrong. In this case, if a wi-fi password is also the “Burrito123”. So, that it must also enter that can exactly as that with the proper capitalization. Then otherwise you will also see the ‘incorrect password’ error. So, it can also not have the uncommon that is for people in order to be try. Then you can also join the wrong wi-fi network. You can also enter this and then having a correct wi-fi password but this is on the wrong access point is not going to work.
You can also Assume that you have the proper wi-fi password and then the proper network. Now, you are still seeing that the incorrect password message and then proceed to trouble shoot the issue in iOS.
How to Fix If iPhone Won’t Accept Wi-Fi Password:
So, we will also cover a variety of troubleshooting tips and then tricks in order to resolve the “Incorrect Password” error message. If you can also attempt in order to join a wireless network in iOS.
1: To Reboot the iPhone or iPad if iPhone Won’t Accept Wi-Fi Password:
So, Sometimes it can simply restart the iPhone or iPad. Then it can also resolve the strange network connection issues. It can also include an inability in order to connect to a wi-fi network.
You can also Restart an iPhone or iPad is easy then you can basically just turn the iPhone or iPad off, then back on again.
- You have to Hold down and then the Power button that is on the device. Then until you will see the ‘Slide to Power Off’ screen.
- In order to Slide to the power of the iPhone or iPad.
- If the screen that also has turned in to completely black then you can also hold down the Power button again until you see the Apple logo show up on the screen. Then signifying that it is booting back up again.
If the iPhone or iPad also has started up again. Then you have to go ahead and then try in order to rejoin the wi-fi network again.
2: To Forget the Wi-Fi Network, then Re-Join:
You can also Forget this In a wi-fi network and then rejoining that wi-fi network. This can also often get remedy incorrect password issues:
- First of all, you have to open the “Settings” app and then go to ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Now, tap on the (i) info button and then next to the network name. That this is of the wi-fi router then you want to join.
- Click on the “Forget This Network”.
- You will have to confirm that you want in order to forget the network just by tapping “Forget”.
- Then Wait a moment or two and then re-join the same wi-fi network again. Now you have to enter the correct password.
3: To Reset iOS Network Settings on the iPhone or iPad
You can also Reset the iOS Network Settings that can also clear all of the wi-fi and then network preferences and the settings from the device. Now, the downside is to this approach is that you will also lose any remembered wi-fi passwords. Then the custom settings and then configurations, and then the other remembered network data.
- You have to open the “Settings” app on the iOS device and then you have to go to the “General” and then to “Reset”.
- Click on the “Reset Network Settings” then it is also critical that you can also choose “Reset Network Settings”. It can only as of the other options that may erase your entire device!
- In order to confirm that you also want in order to Reset Network Settings.
- If you will finish then you can re-join the wi-fi network with the correct password.
Now, Resetting the network settings that can often fix many annoying connectivity issues in iOS. This can often include in the “incorrect password for network” error. Then it can also the ambiguous “unable to join network” error, amongst others.
This is after that if you can also reset network settings then you may need in order to reconfigure various iOS networking components again. In this case, if you will also use custom DNS on the iPhone or iPad, manual DHCP configuration, use a VPN, a proxy. Also, if you had many of the networks remembered along with their passwords. This is all of that data you would also need in order to be entered manually again then after a device network reset.
4: To Restart the Wi-Fi Router or Modem:
This can also unplug the wi-fi router or modem and then you have to wait which is about 15 seconds. Now, and then you have to plug in the router back that is in again and then it will also restart the router or modem.
You can also Restart a router or modem that is not always possible. Although, this can particularly is in many workforce or public environments. Then while in this approach that may be fine that it is in a home or small office. Now, it is also not practical at an airport, office, or public space.
5: To Change the Wi-Fi 5G Router Channel Width
So, that this is also a bit more advanced and then it can also require and then modify the wi-fi router or wireless access point. Then some of the users report success with changing the wireless routers’ channel width. It can usually get that is from 20mhz to 40mhz or 80mhz.
So, that the process of changing channel width varies per router but this will also require admin access to the wireless access point. Now, you can also find your router IP address from iPhone or iPad with these instructions if you are not certain of it.
6: Do You Have Someone Else Share the Wi-Fi Password With You if iPhone Won’t Accept Wi-Fi Password:
This is also having a great new feature available on iPhone or iPad. Then the running newer versions of the iOS. So, that this also has the ability for anyone in order to share a wi-fi password with another iPhone or iPad that is nearby.
In this case, you or someone else is in a situation where an iPhone or iPad user is repeatedly getting the “Incorrect password” error message. If you are also trying in order to join a network. Then you and then the other device is on a new iOS release. So, that the iOS 11 or later and then you can also use the Share Wi-Fi Password feature in iOS. You can then also share the password with that person and then allow them to join the network. This is without having in order to type the password manually themselves. Then this is particularly effective if someone is prone to typos or CAPS LOCK. This is by using an alternative keyboard, and then other similar situations. Now, where some user error can be involved in the failure.
Some Additional Troubleshooting Options:
- You have to join another wi-fi network in order to confirm that wi-fi. This is also the indeed working on the iPhone or iPad
- In this case, if the iPhone or iPad will not join any of the wi-fi networks. Then there may be a hardware issue. So, that this is also very rare and then it can fairly unlikely. So, that it is also vaguely possible that the particular thing that if the device sustained substantial water contact or some other damage. Then in such a case, it can also contact Apple Support or an authorized Apple technician. You can also repair the center in order to diagnose that is for hardware problems.
- This is also very Rare and then backing up, resetting, and then restoring an iOS device that is from backup may resolve the problem. So, that this should also be considered a last resort.
Related Articles: How To Fix_ A Referral Was Returned From The Server Error
So, the iPhone or iPad also refuses an order to join the wireless network. This can often use the users that will also see the “Incorrect password” wi-fi error. It can also despite that they are being certain the Wi-Fi password that is correct. This will also be given that how dependent these devices are on an internet connection. So, that it is understood that it is annoying if an iOS device doesn’t join a wi-fi network. You have to remember that if the wi-fi network is hidden you will need to manually enter the wi-fi SSID to join a hidden wi-fi network in iOS.
Do the tips above fix your issue for the wi-fi network errors on an iPhone or iPad? Then are you able to join the wi-fi network as expected? Did you know that this is another effective solution that is for this particular problem? You have to share with us your experiences in the comment section below!